wireless video too choppy
1145 6 2015-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dude
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I took the inspire out for a test and I must say, it handles great and very easy to fly. The only thing I was unhappy with was the wireless video. I have a two controller setup. The second controller was getting a high frame rate and very good video through the HDMI port. Unfortunately, my galaxy tablet wasn't getting the same quality making most moves hard to accomplish. Distance doesn't seem to have anything to do with it as I can be two feet and get the same results. I would say I'm averaging 6-10 frames a second. I have tried custom bringing the video quality to its lowest setting and still no better. I feel as if its due to one of the recent firmware updates as I remember this problem that I had before, going away a few updates ago, but now its back. I also tried shutting off the second controller and that didn't help. Anyone else experiencing this?
2015-6-1
Use props
Dude
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So I'm the only one? If the wireless video to my HDMI monitor is fine, it has to be either the app or the tablet. Any ideas?
2015-6-2
Use props
Dude
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I notice the android app on the download page is version 1.1.0 where the app I'm using from the store is 1.0.01. Is there a difference and could that help my problem? I think I could load the apk using an apk loader, right?
2015-6-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dude Posted at 2015-6-2 21:05
I notice the android app on the download page is version 1.1.0 where the app I'm using from the stor ...

The Android App on the DJI website is the most recent.  I would download it.  What model of the galaxy tablet are you using?  My guess is that the processor cannot keep up with the streaming video.  
2015-6-2
Use props
Dude
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-3 03:31
The Android App on the DJI website is the most recent.  I would download it.  What model of the gal ...

its the galaxy s SM-T700 running lollipop 5.0.2. I downloaded the new app and I think its much better although I won't know for sure until I fly the Inspire tomorrow....too much rain!

Thanks
2015-6-2
Use props
insectorchid3
lvl.2

United States

its a bummer that the second controller has such bad video when is is the one that should have the best
2015-6-2
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Using it great on both remotes with the iPhone 6.   Used to have an issue with the second remote but learned that having WiFi on the iPhone can interfere and turning it off made the world of difference.

So it's possible it's a hardware limitation with your Android device rather than the Inspire.
2015-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules