Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Impossible To Unlock No-Fly Zone
1124 11 2018-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9wI7w9mOOcqn
lvl.1
United States

After more than 9 tries I am still unable to unlock the 'Authorization' no fly zone at my club flying site.  I have gotten 'tokens' on my last three attempts, and the website indicated the zone was unlocked, but no list of unlocked licenses appeared when using the DJI Go 4 application (with latest update) with the controller and the Mavic Pro A/C.  I have had your Mavic Pro since the beginning of summer and still am unable to fly where I choose (at the local AMA club site) located near the Rolla National Airport in Misssouri, USA.
2018-10-8
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I'm in Springfield,MO so this kind of hits home. No one else is having problems with DJI products? Are there any TFR's there? We have the VP here and it's locked down.
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced, Regarding that, I would recommend sending an email here flysafe@dji.com for further clarification of the issue and rectify this as well.
2018-10-8
Use props
djiuser_9wI7w9mOOcqn
lvl.1
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-10-8 13:29
I'm in Springfield,MO so this kind of hits home. No one else is having problems with DJI products? Are there any TFR's there? We have the VP here and it's locked down.

No, there are no temporary flight restrictions (TFR) in place at our uncontrolled airport. The airport itself a a 'Class E' facility according to the FAA.  DJI's geo fence shows it as yellow authorization zone.
2018-10-15
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

djiuser_9wI7w9mOOcqn Posted at 2018-10-15 07:32
No, there are no temporary flight restrictions (TFR) in place at our uncontrolled airport. The airport itself a a 'Class E' facility according to the FAA.  DJI's geo fence shows it as yellow authorization zone.

Have any luck doing what DJI Stephen said to do? Does the club have a code you can input someplace? etc
2018-10-15
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Try Logging In to DJI at your flying location...... The bird must be updated for the Authorization Zone to unlock........the unlock happens ON THE BIRD.

Randy
2018-10-16
Use props
djiuser_9wI7w9mOOcqn
lvl.1
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-10-16 10:43
Try Logging In to DJI at your flying location...... The bird must be updated for the Authorization Zone to unlock........the unlock happens ON THE BIRD.

Randy

have been updating frequently with all updates to AC, app, and controller since the start. i have used three different Apple devices, all with updates, all worked fine at my home location but never able to unlock at my flying club location.
2018-10-19
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am NOT talking about the regular updates.........when you request an UNLOCK,  you need to be ON THE NET for that Unlock to be sent to the AC.

Please read up on the unlocking process!!

Randy
2018-10-19
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also noticed this NFZ issue when flying from my backyard. Normally in the past, I never needed to request an unlock through a token, which was sent to me on each of my two occasions flying. I'm unclear as to all of a sudden how this could be implemented in my area. I admit it's on the outer rim of a NFZ but there wasn't any issue in the past?
2018-10-19
Use props
Fly74
lvl.3

United States

Is the new Geo fencing going to make this better?  I would imagine clubs set up so they are directly in the flight path of the landing strips so it would be good if the new zone settings give easier access near airports in this situation.
2018-10-27
Use props
Fly74
lvl.3

United States

I know we are not there yet... I do not have a clue on what transponders currently weigh but with all the GPS satellites... I'd vote for some more airspace for the little guys....  Think it would be nice being able to set up a line of sight radius and have a cylinder of air space from the controller up to 400' that I want to reserve for flight and all other air vehicles / drone have a no fly in my spot ;)

2018-10-30
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

I just got screwed over by the latest map update. It used to be I could go to a large middle school with a huge field and fly. Now unless I go directly east 20 miles or west for about 50, I'm limited to my beach in the neighborhood as far as nearby flying goes.
2018-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules