Stopping the Camera Timer
1459 5 2015-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Help! I've fallen down and can't get up.

Seriously, I got ahead of myself. I went flying today. Almost immediately I experienced a disconnect from the pilot app (running Android version). This is the first time I've experienced a disconnect. No recent upgrades, no major changes - essentially no changes at all for the last week.

I changed my video format from 4K to 1080 and was in the process of selecting 60fps when the disconnect occurred. I was thrown out on the street, so to say and apparently my change didn't get saved. I restarted the pilot app, got an IMU error which went away quite quickly and I went flying. Discovered later that the app disconnect didn't let me save my settings and I ended up shooting in 4K anyway. Not the end of the world.

When I got home, I set the Phantom down on the floor (carpeting) and fired everything up again. Changed my settings so I could shoot in 1080 the next time I go out, then I decided to experiment with the camera settings. I held down the button long enough to hear the video "clunk" starting noise, stopped the video and switch modes to photo. Leaned on the shutter button (the one on the app, not the one on the controller) and presto! Up came that little half circle of options for bracketing, time-lapse, etc. I started playing with them, taking 5, then 7, then 3, back and forth.

I've seen reports here and on another forum where some users were having a very difficult time getting the 5 or 7 pictures - it seemed to them to take quite a bit of time. Mine went pretty much as I expected - click, cllick, click - probably not more than 2 seconds to get 7 snapshots. Then I screwed the pooch.

I saw an icon that looked like a clock, pressed it and a choice of times popped up - 3 seconds, 5 seconds, 7 seconds, etc. I think I pushed the 5s button. About 5 seconds later, the shutter whirred and clicked 5 times or so. I started looking for some way to stop the timer. Another 5 seconds went by and zap, there's another round of pictures. I finally had to throw the entire thing out of the window just to make it stop. Just kidding.

I ended up stopping the pilot app - I didn't see an obvious way to stop the timer - either reset it to zero or turn it off or......

How do you disable the blinkin' timer once you've started it?

Despite owning several quads, I'm not the best quad pilot around. Boy is it difficult being smooth on turns and spins!

2015-6-1
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

You open the scroll window by holding the shutter again and then press the single square in the top I believe. That puts you back on "single" manual mode. I fell in the same hole buddy. ;) hope that helps. It would be easier to start and stop from the remote without tablet interaction though.
2015-6-3
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-6-4 02:56
You open the scroll window by holding the shutter again and then press the single square in the top  ...

Thanks Jim. I guess it was too obvious for me!

In taking some more screenshots today, I had that suspicion but forgot to try it. Many thanks for pointing it out to me.

Trying to figure out a practical way to create a written pilot app manual. The video I have from Drones in SC is awesome, but I'm the kind of guy who needs a page-by-page replay - either printed or in a .pdf document.
2015-6-3
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

Found out yesterday that once you select timer it can be toggled with the remote shutter button. happy shooting!
2015-6-4
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-4 05:15
Thanks Jim. I guess it was too obvious for me!

In taking some more screenshots today, I had that  ...

In app would be nice. With an over scroll feature. Make it happen Burke!
2015-6-5
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-6-4 23:28
Found out yesterday that once you select timer it can be toggled with the remote shutter button.   ...

Yes, I also discovered that very much by accident. Once you set a "photo option" it remains the option until you either shut everything off or go back into that specific menu and change something.

So, if you choose "burst mode" and select five (5) shots, every time you press the photo shutter (either in the app or on the controller, you'll get five (5) shots! For me it was frustrating until I realized what had happened.

It's almost as bad as the old, sick joke about the guy who lost a finger on a table saw. He was showing the boss what happened and "....darn, there goes another one!"
2015-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules