Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI CUSTOMER CARE IS IGNORING ME
3037 11 2018-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansde012724
Indonesia

I'm posting taking on this forum out of dispair.

I'm based in Bali Indonesia and ordered a P4P VII + batteries and accessories over a month and half ago on the DJI store. It was stated on the website that all import taxes and shipment were included. It arrived a month ago and since then it's been a battle with DHL to try and get a hold of my shipment. Long story short, DHL says they're awaiting for customs to be cleared and clearly expecting me to pay for it. Indonesia is obviously a very corrupt country and this kind of extorsion scheme between DHL and the customs is not unusual.

But it's not even this actual custom clearance issue mess that brings me here.

For the past months, I've sent about 15 messages to DJI customer care service begging for them to take responsibility and help me get a hold of my drone, and all I got were a couple of automatic responses saying something like "Thank you for contacting DJI Pre-sales Customer Support. We know that you have been waiting for the update of your order and we are sorry for the delay.Please remember that we really value our customers' time."

In the meantime my shipment is gathering dust somewhere between DHL's warehouse and the Indonesian customs, and chances are nothing is going to happen because DJI won't step up to sort this issue with DHL.

At the end of the day, I paid for a drone and never got it delivered. DHL tells me to "contact the seller and sort it out" and DJI just ignores my begging for their help.

I can't even send it back and get reimbursed. They just don't answer any of my mails. I guess as far as they're concerned, they got m y money and that's all that matters.

Has anybody ever managed to get some help some DJI customer care in such a situation?

Thanks in advance

Ben

2018-10-9
Use props
Geraldian
lvl.1

Germany

Sounds not so good!
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ben, we are terribly sorry for what happened and the unpleasant experience with our customer support team, I managed to get your order number via your Forum account and am verifying with the related team of the current status, I will keep you updated soon.
Your frustration with our support team will also be forwarded to the management department for attention, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-10-9
Use props
fansde012724
Indonesia

Thanks for your fast reply Mindy

It's the first time in a month someone at DJI has reacted to one of my messages. I guess I should have taken on to that forum earlier.
As a matter of fact, I just received another useless half automated message from DJI customer care :

Junrey (Support)
10月9日 CST17:31
Dear Benoit,
We know that you have been waiting for the update of your order and we are sorry for the delay.
Please know that we have already escalated this concern to our dedicated team to further investigate the issue and it is necessary for you to respond and clear the shipment.
Our team already notified you and called via telephone number 6761470892 but no response and no answer from their call.
We would highly recommend calling the local DHL courier to clear the shipment and comply all the necessary documents needed.
We need your full cooperation to resolve the issue.
If there's anything else I can do for you, don't hesitate to let me know.
Have a great day ahead and keep safe always.
Thank you.
Best Regards
Junrey
DJI Customer Support
YouTube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

So, first thing : definitely not my telephone number, I don't know where they got this number from (and my actual number appears clearly in the email correspondance with my order number and what not)

In my last message I was telling them I was hitting my head against a brick wall trying to get anything from DHL and the response I get is "please get in touch with your local DHL customer care". At this point all documents possible have been complied and the only thing that can make things move is DJI stepping up and sorting things out with their carrier.

I also asked them what option I had to get the drone shipped back and get reimbursed. Nothing on that.

I think the "we need your full cooperation to solve this issue" part wins the cake.

What do you recommend I should do at this point?

Thanks a lot for your help

Ben

2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansde012724 Posted at 2018-10-9 02:11
Thanks for your fast reply Mindy

It's the first time in a month someone at DJI has reacted to one of my messages. I guess I should have taken on to that forum earlier.

Ben, we are so sorry for the wrong contact number, we have verified with DHL that they have contacted you about the clearance issue currently, they will need some paperwork for the shipment but were refused by you, could you please provide these necessary files to them for further clearance? Thanks for your cooperation.
2018-10-9
Use props
Hedsic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 478757 ft

I wonder what the issue is.. OP just not wanting to provide simple paperwork to DHL because they do not feel they need to. Or DHL trying make OP pay them money and calling it "paperwork" to DJI.. From what business I've done with DHL I'm leaning on the latter here.  DHL is an insanely horrible and corrupt company. I've actually shared me frustrations to DJI several times on how they seriously need to stop using DHL and find a different shipper for their items.
2018-10-9
Use props
fansde012724
Indonesia

So here's the story :

I ordered these products as a personal purchase (stating my name, personal email and phone number) though I needed them for my work (I'm a videographer). Being mostly available at my employer's workplace and to simplify delivery, I happened to indicate their address.

For the record, my employer and colleagues assure me they order overseas from amazon and such and get personal shipments delivered at the office regularly.

The day of delivery, DHL bypassed me (again, they had my contacts) and directly sent an email to my employer's company saying the company needed to clear custom for a package they ordered. We replied immediately to assure them it wasn't a commercial but personal purchase.
The following day, DHL sends us an email to say customs refuse to clear it as a personal purchase because the shipment's value  exceeds 1500$ (?) and it has to be cleared by the company with all according paperwork.

You see Hedsic, the matter here is not about providing paperwork (which since then my employer has been willing to do just in order to help me out and sort this issue); the matter is that going with it implies the company (which again has nothing to do with my order) being charged for duty/import+"government" taxes on a product for which I already paid import taxes.

So no Mindy, I never refused to provide any paperwork. My employer and I just insisted it was personal purchase and didn't want to set the wheels in motion for their company to get billed for all these funky taxes they have no reason paying, when DHL wave bill states "duty taxes paid in full".

But again, this is not even the issue anymore at this point as I'm so desperate, I'm willing to pay (probably around 30% extra) of the 2600+dollars I'm already paying for a P4P V2+2batteries+batteryhub (again, duty taxes included).

In the meantime, I wrote many times to DJI and though they didn't actually step forward and, for instance, follow up with DHL in HK so they'd clear this out with their Indonesian counterpart and come back to me, they confirmed me twice by email that all duty taxes were paid in full and that DHL should support the clearance.

In other words, it boils down to DHL here and supposedly (if I believe DHL, because after all I only know what they tell me) the Indonesian custom trying to respectively not pay what they're supposed to a make a buck.

So, back to paperwork. Out of despair, I hired the service of a cargo company to help solve this and they've been hitting their head against the same brick wall. All I here is "DHL is waiting to hear from the customs about how much you need to pay". And nothing more. Silence. Just me desperately trying to get an update and no one able to give it.

A couple days ago, and after weeks of going in circle with DHL telling me to contact DJI and DJI telling me to contact DHL, and no one being able to provide clear status or instructions to follow, I took on to my employer, whose company happens to be a very good client of DHL in Indonesia. They contacted a regional DHL manager and shared our frustration, threatening to take their business elsewhere.

So yes, since then, it seems some DHL customer care managers have been waking up and started asking for specific documents (which they hadn't done before).

They also mentioned this :

"shipment is under clearance formal and all the paperwork required by custom is already notify as per attached  and we received instruction from shipper as payer account   that shipper asked to reroute the shipment  to hongkong and we are checking with custom  if its possible to meet shipper request." (sic)

So now I'm really confused. Did DJI or DHL in HK really ask for the package back? If so why didn't I get notify? And if so how and when will I get my money back?

Many many many questions...

At the end of the day, I regret I ever ordered this drone on the DJI store. DJI might not be the ones to blame in the first place (DHL definitely is in my book, if anything for just leaving me in the dark and not taking their responsibility) but I wish they had helped clear this issue.

Bottomline is : I ordered products on the store a month and a half ago, I still don't know how to get a hold of them, and if I ever do it will have cost me at least one and a half the original price (which again included import taxes).

I should also mention not having this drone to shoot with in time implies work projects on hold and will potentially affect my business (and unless I get my money back I can't invest in another option).

Ben

2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansde012724 Posted at 2018-10-9 07:29
So here's the story :

I ordered these products as a personal purchase (stating my name, personal email and phone number) though I needed them for my work (I'm a videographer). Being mostly available at my employer's workplace and to simplify delivery, I happened to indicate their address.

Hi Ben, thank you for the whole explanation about what happened. Please be informed that your issue has been forwarded to the higher department. We will have someone contact you to further assist you on this matter. We hope for your patience.
2018-10-9
Use props
fansde012724
Indonesia

Hi Diana

Thanks for your feedback. As patient as I may be, my concern is the Indonesian custom will simply dispose of my shipment if no action is taken. This happens here.

As a reminder, I paid import duty to DJI and it's DJI responsibility to deal/communicate directly with DHL as the clearing agent.

Thank you

2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansde012724 Posted at 2018-10-9 17:38
Hi Diana

Thanks for your feedback. As patient as I may be, my concern is the Indonesian custom will simply dispose of my shipment if no action is taken. This happens here.

Hi Ben, we understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience. Upon checking with DHL, this is the regulation in Indonesia. If the shipment value is over 1500USD, it will be processed under formal clearance as a company to provide paperwork such as the import number or similar. Hope for your understanding.
2018-10-10
Use props
fansde012724
Indonesia

Susan

Again, my main issue wasn't with Indonesian import regulations, but with the fact DHL wasn't able to provide a status and clear instructions. After pressuring DHL, my employer was able to go along with the formal clearance and we'll therefore be billed by the customs (we'll see how much, but I believe around 20% of the total price of the products).

Taking on to this forum allowed me to get the attention from DJI that I wasn't able to get otherwise, so thanks a lot to everybody who replied to this thread.

Today I received an email from customer care inviting me, once I get billed by the customs, to send the tax payment information for reimbursement.

I appreciate that. I'm not getting carried away though, and really hope for DJI's reactivity when'll send the documents.

One way or another, I'll post on this forum to let you know how this went.

Thanks,

Ben
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansde012724 Posted at 2018-10-10 07:39
Susan

Again, my main issue wasn't with Indonesian import regulations, but with the fact DHL wasn't able to provide a status and clear instructions. After pressuring DHL, my employer was able to go along with the formal clearance and we'll therefore be billed by the customs (we'll see how much, but I believe around 20% of the total price of the products).

Thanks for keeping us updated and we are terribly sorry about your situation. Please be informed that your concern has been forwarded to the higher department. You will be contacted by the proper team to assist you further. Thank you so much and we appreciate your understanding.
2018-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules