Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 SE in lower temperature
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rafał J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1407838 ft
Poland

Hi every one , im my country is autumn and  I observed that when i fly in lower temperature about 6-13 celsius degree my phantom fly much longer to 23 minutes when is summer max fly time is 19-20 minutes . Why is it so that it fly longer?

IMG-1023.PNG
IMG-1027.jpg
IMG-1020.PNG
2018-10-9
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

i d experienced the same .... same bird
2018-10-9
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Perhaps it is due to a temperature rise of the battery smoother and not so abrupt, due to a lower outdoor temperature
2018-10-9
Use props
Rafał J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1407838 ft
Poland

thanks for reply
autumn is beautiful but to my fingers is too cold i must wearing gloves to fly bird
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi there, the battery performance is usually specified for working temperatures, the performance and indeed life of a battery  can be seriously affected by the onset of extreme temperatures.Batteries are a function of chemical reactions. In cold weather the chemicals can not react as fast as in warm. In fact keeping a battery cold-will extend the life of the battery, by slowing the chemical discharge. A cold battery may still be good but will not have the same the power as a warm one therefore we advise our customers to use or fly the drone between the proper working temperature. The working temperature of battery should be around -10℃ to 40℃. Thanks for the support.
2018-10-9
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Put your batteries in warm bags and just for flight you can take them out.
2018-10-15
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
lvl.4

United States

Peterx Posted at 10-15 11:22
Put your batteries in warm bags and just for flight you can take them out.

Yes but "warm" to the OP is relative and different as to what you think may be warm.

Some dude actually used thermal packs in cold weather so when he took out his batteries they caused condensation issues and problems in short order. It's funny what some people do. SMH

I'm surprised he didn't pack his drone in them too though. Maybe I should have suggested it just to watch his latest BRICK video. JK Ha!
2018-12-23
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Around 20°C should be warm enough to use that batteries. The Fly wind will hold the condensate far from the electronics.
2018-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules