Drone returned and remote is damaged
2039 20 2018-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9b23e66b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17178 ft

United States

I sent my Mavic zoom in for repair.  It was 4 days old and somehow the obstacle avoidance did not seem to work and the drone hit a tree. DJI said pilot error so I paid $300 and just got my drone back.

The remote control is not only not mine (it needed to be bonded to the drone ) but it was returned damaged...see below.

I am going to call them and I’m expecting them to mail me either my remote back or a new one.

Do you guys agree?  I am also hoping that they will not require me send this one back and wait for a new one.

E0783A3D-A4D5-4F25-A366-9CAE74F69F61.jpeg
2018-10-9
Use props
fans9b23e66b
lvl.2

United States

Case

CAS-2255555-F8M9T1
2018-10-9
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Typicaly they have a policy requesting to only return the damaged item and nothing else (no remote, accessories, etc) and state they are nor responsible for any other items being lost or damaged.

They would have unbinded that remote to bind with their own equipment for testing, so it probably is the same remote in all honesty. It just wasn't taken care of.

I noticed my M2P remote the plastic scratches extremely easily compared to my MP. Usually I just toss the RC in to a side pocket on my backpack. my MP1 doesn't have so much as even hair scratch or anything. My Mavic 2 Pro from just putting it in the pocket of my backpack and having it in there for maybe a week looks exactly like the photo you posted up. Which **ssed me off but oh well.

If I had to guess.. That is yours and it just was not taken care of. Hopefully DJI steps in and offers something in return
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Greg, thank you for providing information and I'm so sorry about what happened to the remote controller of your Mavic 2 Zoom. As per checking the case was created online and please be informed before proceeding to submit your online repair request we do have this information provided on the website not to send some items that has no defect.

Also I can see that same remote controller was shipped back with th same serial number on it. But since it does not sound like the kind of experience we would want you to have, I will request someone contact you from the respective department to try to assist you on this matter.
2018-10-9
Use props
fans9b23e66b
lvl.2

When I get home I will check the serieal number on the remote to make sure it is mine.

However your comment on not sending in anything that is not broken is concerning. First off my 3 day old zoom crashed into a tree which should have been avoided by the obstacle avoidance. I sent everything back because I wanted to make sure that all of the equipment was working properly.

Are you saying that if I send something in that is not broken that DJI will break it ?  What does it matter if I sent  He remote back ?  Does that give DJI the right to damage it ?  
2018-10-9
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

fans9b23e66b Posted at 2018-10-9 12:27
When I get home I will check the serieal number on the remote to make sure it is mine.

However your comment on not sending in anything that is not broken is concerning. First off my 3 day old zoom crashed into a tree which should have been avoided by the obstacle avoidance. I sent everything back because I wanted to make sure that all of the equipment was working properly.

Im not trying to argue or start anything but some companies will not even return extra stuff you send in. It's not the best CS for sure that they do that but some still do.

I think most companies trll you not to send anything beyond the specific warrantied item to avoid issues exactly like this one.

Just play it cool and be nice despite your frustrations though and it sounds like DJI might be willing to help out. Othereise DJI is known for giving a hard no.
2018-10-9
Use props
fans9b23e66b
lvl.2

United States

DJI asked me send them a picture of the serial number on the remote.

I am hoping that they will agree that this was not how the remote looked when they received it and that they replace it.
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans9b23e66b Posted at 2018-10-9 16:04
DJI asked me send them a picture of the serial number on the remote.

I am hoping that they will agree that this was not how the remote looked when they received it and that they replace it.

We have already forwarded your concern to the respective department. We will get back to you once we received the feedback from the repair team.
2018-10-9
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Just be patient and see what falls out.
2018-10-10
Use props
fans9b23e66b
lvl.2

So the saga continues. I am still being hopeful but my frustration is mounting.

Per DJI I am mailing them back the remote controller (only the remote ) so they can replace it. They told me that it was already approved for replacement since they see that when they received it , it was not scratched as they noted it was in new condition.  

I called today to make sure that once they receive it they will send me a new one only to be told that they will have to determine if it’s covered under warranty ???  This is not warranty , they damaged the LCD screen.  

Please DJI do the right thing and help me !  Please expedite this and get my back in the air with a remote in new condition.

CAS 2349900-D8T2K9
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans9b23e66b Posted at 2018-10-15 07:40
So the saga continues. I am still being hopeful but my frustration is mounting.

Per DJI I am mailing them back the remote controller (only the remote ) so they can replace it. They told me that it was already approved for replacement since they see that when they received it , it was not scratched as they noted it was in new condition.  

Hi Gregg, sorry about the unpleasant experience. Upon checking the case, please be informed that the respective department already received the report about this. The case has been escalated and we are waiting for the product to be received and we will send you email notification once there is an update. We hope for your patience and thank you for understanding.
2018-10-15
Use props
fans9b23e66b
lvl.2

Thank you and I will wait for an update.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans9b23e66b Posted at 2018-10-15 14:06
Thank you and I will wait for an update.

Hi there, hope everything goes smoothly, if you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2018-10-15
Use props
fans9b23e66b
lvl.2

United States

DJI can you please see if this can be expedited ?  My remote was received by DJI today.  I am hoping that you will be able to get a new remote out right away and also do a priority shipping so I can get back in the air.

Any help is appreciated.  

Thank you
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans9b23e66b Posted at 2018-10-19 11:12
DJI can you please see if this can be expedited ?  My remote was received by DJI today.  I am hoping that you will be able to get a new remote out right away and also do a priority shipping so I can get back in the air.

Any help is appreciated.  

Hi Greg. Since the unit just arrived in our facility earlier, we may be able to process this by Monday. We'll try to communicate with our Repair Facility about this and will keep you updated. Thanks for understanding and have a great weekend!
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans9b23e66b Posted at 2018-10-19 11:12

Any help is appreciated.  

Greg, just an update. This is now being taken care of by our Repair Facility. The replacement RC will be shipped out within the day or tomorrow with an approved expedited shipping. You'll be updated via email time by time for further update. Thanks for your cooperation! Hope you'll be back in the air soon.
2018-10-22
Use props
fans9b23e66b
lvl.2

United States

Thank you. I look forward to getting confirmation.
2018-10-22
Use props
fans9b23e66b
lvl.2

I receuthe generic email saying the repairs were done ...but no mention of priority shipping or any shipping info.  Please advise.

Thank you
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans9b23e66b Posted at 2018-10-23 09:37
I receuthe generic email saying the repairs were done ...but no mention of priority shipping or any shipping info.  Please advise.

Thank you

Hi there, sorry for the confusion. Please be informed that unit will be shipped today and approved for expedited shipping. Kindly check the email that was sent with the tracking number. You can track the shipping info once UPS check-in the package on their system. We hope for your patience.
2018-10-23
Use props
fans9b23e66b
lvl.2

Thank you Diana. I see that it was shipped 2 day mail. Thank you for your help and crossing fingers the RC is as good as new ...
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans9b23e66b Posted at 2018-10-24 06:29
Thank you Diana. I see that it was shipped 2 day mail. Thank you for your help and crossing fingers the RC is as good as new ...

No worries. If there is any help needed, you can let me know or contact our support, we will do our best to help.
2018-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules