Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Time for a change?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

I've come to a conclussion that about 50% of my time with DJI products is used for chores of constant firmware maintenance, updates and testing. That may be acceptable for an enthusiast with a single Mavic or Phantom, used occassionally during vacation trip to Thailand. For a serious hobbyist or a professional with a fleet of birds and other equipment to maintain it is a daunting scenario.

I can only assume that ever groving complexity of firmware/software is partially responsible for constant need for updates. DJI native Go 4 is already a monstrous, oversaturated with features universal application for all UAVs. Bugged firmware releases are the worst. Take NFZ updates into account and you'll end up with a nightmare.

Perhaps narrowly specialized, slimmed app versions for each and every DJI aircraft will address some of these plaguing issues. DJI Pilot app for M200 series seemingly is the way to go, but it's development never leaved beta state and appears to be neglected, I believe.
2018-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules