A couple of questions
925 10 2018-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sinloi
lvl.3

Couple of queries:
Having trouble finding the routine for loading stills &/or videos. If I choose a new thread and submit a photo, I'm told it's too big, but no option for shrinking offered. Finally managed to add a photo, as a reply, to the "mavic 2 released" string - but nobody goes there so no point, really.
Also, having a problem that I haven't noticed anyone else experiencing. My M2P routinely shoots video for, typically, something over four minutes, then, w/o any prompt from me, stops and almost immediately begins shooting a new one. Any idea whether this is likely a memory card problem, or something amiss with the Mavic camera?
Otherwise, getting  a kick out of this new toy while ascending a steep learning curve in tiny incrments.

2018-10-9
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Max attachment size is 1.95 MB. You'll have to resize in another program or app to post. I know, kind of silly, but probably a way to keep the forum size smaller.

As far as I know there's no way to upload video to the forum. I have uploaded a GIF so you could always convert short video to a GIF to post it. I upload all my video to YouTube and just post the link. Pretty easy.

As far as your M2P problem, I don't own this drone yet but I have had other DJI drones stop video recording when using a slower SD card, but never starts recording again spontaneously... so that's a new one. Did an SD card come with your M2P? Are you using that card? Also, take a look at the file size of your video clips. Is the file size 4GB, because that's the max file size for Fat32 formatting.
2018-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can just reply to your own thread and upload from there, it will be reduced, alternatively you would need to reduce on your PC.
2018-10-9
Use props
sinloi
lvl.3

Thank you , both. Very helpful.

South Harpswell. Maine:

2018-10-9
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-9 16:14
You can just reply to your own thread and upload from there, it will be reduced, alternatively you would need to reduce on your PC.

I didn't know that. Thought you had to resize on your own before posting. THANKS for the info.
2018-10-9
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

sinloi Posted at 2018-10-9 16:25

South Harpswell. Maine:

Great Photo!
2018-10-9
Use props
sinloi
lvl.3

Thanks. And, by the way I checked and it's kicking out - and then starting right back up again - consistently at 3.76 GBs.  It's a pretty standard, fast SanDisk card.
2018-10-9
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

sinloi Posted at 2018-10-9 16:40
Thanks. And, by the way I checked and it's kicking out - and then starting right back up again - consistently at 3.76 GBs.  It's a pretty standard, fast SanDisk card.

That may be due to Fat32 formatting. My big files on the Mavic Air are split also but it doesn't bother me since I'm just throwing them into Premiere to edit. But if you're looking for 1 large file to upload as it's own video then I can see your frustration. YouTube DOES splice videos but it may require a few steps (not easy or intuitive).
2018-10-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

South Harpswell. Maine:

Great shot
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, I'm glad that your queries has been answered by our co-pilots here, if you have any other concern don't hesitate to contact us, we are here to help. Thanks for your support.
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

South Harpswell. Maine:

Hi, thank you for sharing an amazing photo like this. Cheers!
2018-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules