1475 25 2018-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SimonDobbins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204610 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,  

Little frustrated with my new M2P.  Only had 3 flights, each flight constantly losses connection from controller.  I have no abiltiy to controll the drone and just have to wait for a hopeful return to home!! Its very scary !!  What is going on? both controller and drone say they are up to date with Firmware! there is no real distance at which it happens.  Once it happened around 5ft away, the latest was around 200ft away.  
EDIT: Does connecting via the bottom USB port on the controller make things better???.. its a nightmare the get my samsung s9+ into the cradel and side port!

Simon

2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Did you receive an error message? If yes, kindly provide a screenshot so that I can check it on my end. May I know if your flying the drone on an open wide area with no interference? You can restore the setting to factory defaults and refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. You can download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads and follow the video tutorials below on what is the best way to position the antennas and how to refresh firmware. Connecting the mobile device to the bottom port of the RC is fine but make sure to remove first the cable that is already connected on the other port.

2018-10-10
Use props
flying dragon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 480525 ft
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-10 06:15
Our apologies for the inconvenience. Did you receive an error message? If yes, kindly provide a screenshot so that I can check it on my end. May I know if your flying the drone on an open wide area with no interference? You can restore the setting to factory defaults and refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. You can download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads and follow the video tutorials below on what is the best way to position the antennas and how to refresh firmware. Connecting the mobile device to the bottom port of the RC is fine but make sure to remove first the cable that is already connected on the other port.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

I have a Mavic 2 Pro with exactly the same issue.  Unfortunately I can not restore the setting to factory defaults in order to follow your recommendation due to a restriction in software. The connection is lost also at short distances (e.g. 6 meter).
2018-10-10
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i also struggle / have to concentrate to get my samsung s6 and previously my samsung tab plugged in. Now days i take the cover off my devise before putting it into rc holder and it is much easier to plug in.
Also the rc arms open out but also open downwards which gives additional space to line up the rc arm hole with the samsung micro port.

i can suggest 2 possible reasons for disconnects related to usb port:
1 if the cable does not plug in snuggly then then loose cable can cause intermittent disconnects -
2. if there is debris in the micro usb port (as recently was the case with me) then this prevents the usb from plugging in snuggly and may also cause disconnects.

ps; i only ever use the bottom port on my rc for android - using the side port could be another reason for your disconnect issues. - use the bottom port.
2018-10-10
Use props
Yanme'e
lvl.1

Same here. Some days are better than others.  When it works well I don't lose connection at all. But when it works poorly the app keeps disconnecting. Even at short distances and even in areas where it had been working well before. I already had to miss a few shots because I couldn't get a stable connection.  I noticed that the RC signal strength indicator on the RC shows full signal strength. But the app won't stay connected.

I'm using a Galaxy S7 and connect with the short cable to the side of the RC. Firmware is up to date (as reported by the app)

I hope that this can be fixed.
2018-10-10
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Yanme'e Posted at 2018-10-10 14:06
Same here. Some days are better than others.  When it works well I don't lose connection at all. But when it works poorly the app keeps disconnecting. Even at short distances and even in areas where it had been working well before. I already had to miss a few shots because I couldn't get a stable connection.  I noticed that the RC signal strength indicator on the RC shows full signal strength. But the app won't stay connected.

I'm using a Galaxy S7 and connect with the short cable to the side of the RC. Firmware is up to date (as reported by the app)

i believe the problem lies in the fact you are connecting the the side port of the rc.
android must plug into the bottom port of the rc
2018-10-10
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I concur, use the bottom port and not the side port.
2018-10-10
Use props
flying dragon
lvl.2
Austria

M2Wair Posted at 2018-10-10 15:26
I concur, use the bottom port and not the side port.

Which type of cable to you use for connecting to the bottom port? When I use this port I can't establish a conection. I tried 2 different USB C cable...
2018-10-12
Use props
flying dragon
lvl.2
Austria

flying dragon Posted at 2018-10-12 00:20
Which type of cable to you use for connecting to the bottom port? When I use this port I can't establish a conection. I tried 2 different USB C cable...

I withdraw my question as I found this from DJI Susan: "Hi there, the side connection and bottom connection are complementary. Make sure only one port is connected....". It is clear now and it works perfectly.
2018-10-12
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

flying dragon Posted at 2018-10-12 00:20

Use the cable supplied by Samsung, yes it is long but coil it. Works 100% better than the cable supplied by DJI
2018-10-12
Use props
Yanme'e
lvl.1

does that mean it is a cable issue?

I had severe issues today. Couldn't get any lasting connection when I was trying to shoot something interesting. When I got home I set up a camera to take a video of this issue and of course I had no issues when I did that.

2018-10-12
Use props
SimonDobbins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204610 ft
United Kingdom

Ok so today was the 1st attempt with the bad weather. I used the bottom port and the cable supplied with my Samsung and I had no connection issues at all !! I think the cable supplied and the side port was the issue. I will do further flight testing once the weather gets better.
2018-10-12
Use props
Norwegian Airlord
lvl.4
Flight distance : 854951 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Same her, use port in bottom, it happens once each flight it seems, drops out a few seconds and then reconnects and all is good. scared me the first flight, now i just wait for it to connect again.
2018-10-12
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Good to hear you've got a solution. Happy flying a and safe landings fella.
2018-10-12
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

I found that this cable works very well for my Android Tab. Coiled USB cable It's good quality and because it's coiled it does not dangle too far.

I know I'm in Australia but such items are available all over the planet
2018-10-12
Use props
Atlas_Aus
lvl.4

Thailand

Howdy all,

I have found much problem with connecting with the side port especially if you do not use a right angle end. You are constantly crushing it with your hand and I suspect I push harder then normal being so focussed on what I am doing with the drone. I switched to the bottom port and have not had any issues. Also I found 2 cables that did not work and replaced them...
2018-10-12
Use props
Atlas_Aus
lvl.4

Thailand

Boffin Posted at 2018-10-12 15:15
I found that this cable works very well for my Android Tab. Coiled USB cable It's good quality and because it's coiled it does not dangle too far.

I know I'm in Australia but such items are available all over the planet

Good old office works
2018-10-12
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Lol.  Well it's a good cable,   I reckon it's better than the one that came with my 'Fly More' Combo.

I use it from Tab to RC bottom USB port.
Why be parsimonious and buy a $2 cable to protect your expensive investment in DJI technology?  
2018-10-12
Use props
flying dragon
lvl.2
Austria

Yanme'e Posted at 2018-10-12 14:06
does that mean it is a cable issue?

I had severe issues today. Couldn't get any lasting connection when I was trying to shoot something interesting. When I got home I set up a camera to take a video of this issue and of course I had no issues when I did that.

In my case I believe it was a cable issue. I was careful during flying yesterday and it did not happen again.
2018-10-13
Use props
Yanme'e
lvl.1
United States

I don't think its a cable issue in my case. When it works the connection is stable for the whole flight. When it does not work it is really flaky. If it was cable issue, it would be getting worse over time.

2018-10-18
Use props
Yanme'e
lvl.1
United States

I posted a thread about my issues here: Mavic 2 Pro connection issues with video. You can check out the videos to see if that matches what you are seeing.
2018-10-18
Use props
henley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41650 ft
United Kingdom

Mine keeps losing connection but then getting it back quite quickly. Also seems laggier since the update. When I got the Mavic 2 Pro, the cable for charging the handset didn't work properly from the power brick. I actually had to bite the end of it in order for it to have some friction when plugged in, otherwise half the time it wouldn't charge and I'd have to move the handset around until I found a sweet spot where the tension of the cable would help press the contacts together. I suspect they may have a poor quality cable supplier?
2018-10-18
Use props
Errrrik
lvl.1
United States

Yyyyyuup! Same here. Constant disconnections. Upgraded to new firmware (which was another nightmare in of itself....seriously....dji....).
Had a disconnect last week, i was flying through some trees getting what I THOUGHT was a really cool looking shot but NOPE!  MP2 decides to disconnect for no reason and shoot 80 feet straight up and lodged itself into the trees. Amazingly, some good friends spent a good amount of the weekend working on getting it down. It seems to be somewhat "Normal" even though it eventually fell after cutting a big branch down. But I tell you what, if it didn't come down, I would've sued DJI if they wouldn't either pay for retrieval or get me a new one. I'm most likely going to send it in anyway since I bought the "Care" service.
Even still, everytime i've flown it, except for last night (which was in a large gymnasium), it disconnects. Usually, it will be a minute then reconnect.

This thing has been quite the pill compared to the Phantom i used to fly. Would still be flying the Phantom but a terrorist/suicidal bird knocked it out of the sky.

I would hope DJI has been reading all the frustrating issues we've been having- I'm sure they have been- and trying to find a workaround. You would think the with Samsung S9+ it would make a difference but obviously not considering all that i've read onthe forums and seen in person (including myself obviously).

Two other big issues I have with it (so far):
-Left wheel on back of controller controls up/down camera, right wheel does nothing. It should control right/left camera but doesn't.
-ISO settings should automatically be on AUTO but it isn't, it will always reset to 100iso when starting up.

2018-10-18
Use props
flying dragon
lvl.2
Austria

Errrrik Posted at 2018-10-18 10:07
Yyyyyuup! Same here. Constant disconnections. Upgraded to new firmware (which was another nightmare in of itself....seriously....dji....).
Had a disconnect last week, i was flying through some trees getting what I THOUGHT was a really cool looking shot but NOPE!  MP2 decides to disconnect for no reason and shoot 80 feet straight up and lodged itself into the trees. Amazingly, some good friends spent a good amount of the weekend working on getting it down. It seems to be somewhat "Normal" even though it eventually fell after cutting a big branch down. But I tell you what, if it didn't come down, I would've sued DJI if they wouldn't either pay for retrieval or get me a new one. I'm most likely going to send it in anyway since I bought the "Care" service.
Even still, everytime i've flown it, except for last night (which was in a large gymnasium), it disconnects. Usually, it will be a minute then reconnect.

In a german  forum conversation I have read that the error can occour in the case of a poor telephone connection.  The mobile is increasing the transmisslin power significantly and that could disdurbe the  connection. It appears logical. When I find time I will try to reproduce the issue at the place where I experienced it.
2018-10-18
Use props
flying dragon
lvl.2
Austria

flying dragon Posted at 2018-10-18 10:46
In a german  forum conversation I have read that the error can occour in the case of a poor telephone connection.  The mobile is increasing the transmisslin power significantly and that could disdurbe the  connection. It appears logical. When I find time I will try to reproduce the issue at the place where I experienced it.

...I experienced it at a place with very poor conection.
2018-10-18
Use props
Errrrik
lvl.1
United States

flying dragon Posted at 2018-10-18 10:46

Well I don't know if it's fortunate or unfortunate but I have excellent telephone connection at my home and surround areas, which I still am faced with these connection problems.
2018-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules