INSPIRE2 REDUSED RANGE VIA 3LAST FIRMWARE .IS IT TRUE?
638 19 2018-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LEONIDAS GREECE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5270591 ft
  • >>>
Greece

IN THE LAST 3 FIRMWARE, THE RANGE OF INSPIRE2 REDUSED  EVERY NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE STEP BY STEP AND IN THE LAST FIRMWARE (.200) THE RANGE OF TRANSMITION  IS VERY BAD,ABOUT 1/4 OF RF POWER OUTPUT, THAN OLDER VERSIONS.IS THIS SITUATION TRUE?AND WHY THIS HAPPENING ? IN REMARKS OF FIRMWARE UPDATE FROM DJI DOESN'T WRITE SOMETHING  ABOUT THAT.
2018-10-10
Use props
LEONIDAS GREECE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

I CHECK IT, VIA CE MODE
2018-10-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Although .0200 FW may be problematic in other aspects, you're the first to report limited transmission range issue here. How did you came to this conclusion? Even replicated flights in the same place may not deliver identical range every time. What distance you'll consider a satisfying one? What RC you're using?
2018-10-10
Use props
LEONIDAS GREECE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

HI AGAIN,IN THE SAME PLACE THE IMAGE TRANSMITION WITH VERSION( .100 )WAS GREAT UNTIL 1200METERS,AND WITH .200 WAS GREAT UNTIL 500METERS.WITH 2.4GHZ.FOR ME THE GRADE, IS TO BE THE SAME RANGE OF TRANSMITION  IMAGE AND TRANSMITION SIGNAL.AND THE RANGE OF SPECIFICATIONS TO BE TRUE,EXEPT INTERFERENCE. I TEST IT AWAY FROM CITY,AND  FOR THAT I ASK IF IS TRUE?AND FOR THIS REASONS WE WAITTING FOR LONG TIME THE GOOD FINAL FIRMWARE. I USE THE PRESET RC HARDWARE
2018-10-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

LEONIDAS GREECE Posted at 2018-10-10 11:13
HI AGAIN,IN THE SAME PLACE THE IMAGE TRANSMITION WITH VERSION( .100 )WAS GREAT UNTIL 1200METERS,AND WITH .200 WAS GREAT UNTIL 500METERS.WITH 2.4GHZ.FOR ME THE GRADE, IS TO BE THE SAME RANGE OF TRANSMITION  IMAGE AND TRANSMITION SIGNAL.AND THE RANGE OF SPECIFICATIONS TO BE TRUE,EXEPT INTERFERENCE. I TEST IT AWAY FROM CITY,AND  FOR THAT I ASK IF IS TRUE?AND FOR THIS REASONS WE WAITTING FOR LONG TIME THE GOOD FINAL FIRMWARE. I USE THE PRESET RC HARDWARE

Leonidas, flying Inspire 2 in wide open space at 100 m attitude and maintaining theoretical LOS (Line Of Sight) may render average range of approx. 2 km. This is what I'm getting with Cendence RC and standard omnidirectional antennas, having my Inspire on .0100 FW. However, such range I'm experiencing at one particular place. Somewhere else I may lost video transmission at 1000 m distance or be forced to RTH from 5 km distance. What I'm trying to say is that the transmission range is wildly dependent on particular environmental conditions.

I doubt if DJI is damping the range consciously with every FW release. Why would they? It may be yet another side effect of damaged .0200 FW, who knows ...
2018-10-10
Use props
FILMART Studio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 267785 ft
Germany

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-10-10 10:54
Although .0200 FW may be problematic in other aspects, you're the first to report limited transmission range issue here. How did you came to this conclusion? Even replicated flights in the same place may not deliver identical range every time. What distance you'll consider a satisfying one? What RC you're using?

Sorry to say that, but I have reported the same issue a few days ago. No reply so far! See this forum.

2018-10-10
Use props
FILMART Studio
lvl.3
Germany

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-10-10 10:54
Although .0200 FW may be problematic in other aspects, you're the first to report limited transmission range issue here. How did you came to this conclusion? Even replicated flights in the same place may not deliver identical range every time. What distance you'll consider a satisfying one? What RC you're using?

Sorry to say that, but I have reported the same issue a few days ago. No reply so far! See this forum.

2018-10-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

FILMART Studio Posted at 2018-10-10 12:15

Link please.
EDIT: OK, found your post.
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would recommend refreshing the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2. After using the application on your computer, I would re-calibrate the IMU and compass of your drone to see if there will be changes. Please fly your aircraft in an open area and check if the GPS is strong enough. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. You can use the link below for you to download the application.

https://www.dji.com/inspire-2/info#downloads
2018-10-10
Use props
LEONIDAS GREECE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

GOOD MORNIND DEAR FRIENDS AGAIN, I THINK THE BETTER WAY IS THE DJI CONFIRM IF HAS REDUSED THE POWER OF RF VIA FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR SOME REASONS LIKE SAFETY FLIGHT ,SEQURITY REASONS,ETC.THE OTHER WAY IS TO CHECK THE RF POWER VIA RF POWER METER BUT IS DIFFICULT IN PRESET RC SYSTEM,IN CENDENCE IS MORE EASY BECAUSE ITS EASY TO PLUGIN THE CABLE IN SOCKET OF ANTENNA IN RC AND AFTER TO THE BRIDGE RF POWER METER.BUT IS MORE EASY  DJI GIVE US THE RF OUTPUT IN CE AND FCC IN 2,4 AND 5,8 GHZ IF REDUCED OR NOT AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE.IF NOT DJI CHANGED WE MUST TO UNDERSTAND WHERE IS THE PROBLEM.
2018-10-10
Use props
LEONIDAS GREECE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

THE ANSWER!!!DJI SUPPORT10.DE
thank you for your reply. We haven´t changed anything regarding the signal strenth on the Inspire. If you feel like your Inspire could have a problem, I suggest to let our service center perform a range test.
2018-10-11
Use props
FILMART Studio
lvl.3
Germany

LEONIDAS GREECE Posted at 2018-10-11 04:27
THE ANSWER!!!DJI SUPPORT10.DE
thank you for your reply. We haven´t changed anything regarding the signal strenth on the Inspire. If you feel like your Inspire could have a problem, I suggest to let our service center perform a range test.

...in the end it is good to hear that the transmission power should not be reduced by the latest firmware of the cendence controller. Is there possibly a restriction on the drone itself? I do not experience a basic range restriction to control the drone. The transmission and quality of the video return signal of the camera Z5/Z7 is my personal problem, allthough customized on 10 mbps, artifacts and similar.
The radiation load of other wifi systems or on secondary channels is not excessively high. Same result on both frequency bands.
2018-10-11
Use props
LEONIDAS GREECE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

AFTER THE ANSWER FROM DJI ,ALL INSPIRE2 USERS, WE WAITING FOR LAST FIRMWARE RELEASE, BUT WITHOUT BUGS THIS TIME AND OTHERS PROBLEMS ,BUT  WITH SMILES I HOPE AFTER SOME DAYS RELEASED THE FW,TO USE IN OUR JOBS .
2018-10-11
Use props
Dreamer1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7801565 ft

I also have image transmission issues...very bad running the latest FW. Range has greatly decreased for some reason or another. I used to be able to fly further out in a rural environment. I have gotten the range in a desert flight. About 5,000ft out with not  many issues. I know it has a lot to do with interference but I have been flying the I2 for almost 2 years and have not had as bad of issues as i do today.

Also, my duel opp is all sorts of messed up. The second controllers video feed is so laggy, they can't even keep a subject in frame. Is there an issue with the USB ports on the I2 RC? I've tried different cables and FW updates. Nothing seems to help.
2018-10-11
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

Leonidas, I just performed another range test in different place, above densely populated suburbs of my town. Inspire 2 was controlled by Cendence RC on 2.4GHz and with CrystalSky Ultra device. Flight attitude was at 100 m. The connection was solid up to 2.5 km, where I rised the drone another 50 m, gaining extra 750 m of distance. Probably would be able to fly even further, but with 50% battery decided to execute RTH against the wind. I can't complain here.
Inspire 2_about.jpg
2018-10-11
Use props
LEONIDAS GREECE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

HI AGAIN , ABOUT RANGE!
IN WHICH PLACE  ARE LIVE ANYBODY OF US ?1.EUROPE WITH CE  POWER IS (50mwatt)AND IN FCC MODE AMERICA, WITH (400mwatt)OF POWER IN 2,4 GHZ
2.EUROPE WITH CE  POWER IS ONLY (25mwatt)AND IN FCC (630mwatt) IN  5,8GHZ .
*COPY FROM DJI SPECS FOR INSPIRER 2
2018-10-11
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

LEONIDAS GREECE Posted at 2018-10-11 07:39
AFTER THE ANSWER FROM DJI ,ALL INSPIRE2 USERS, WE WAITING FOR LAST FIRMWARE RELEASE, BUT WITHOUT BUGS THIS TIME AND OTHERS PROBLEMS ,BUT  WITH SMILES I HOPE AFTER SOME DAYS RELEASED THE FW,TO USE IN OUR JOBS .

did dji tell you they gonna fix it "soon" ? ... or did you get a date? cause it was "coming soon" for months ...
2018-10-13
Use props
LEONIDAS GREECE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

I HOPE INTO 2018 !!!MAYBE THIS TIME WE ARE  MORE LUCKY
2018-10-13
Use props
engelo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12311667 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Leo my friend, if you want to go far get a Mavic Pro 2
2018-10-13
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft

I've just put a MZP up against my I2 on a three day shoot chasing super cars around a racetrack.

Sorry but the I2 still kicks ass in much more ways than 1 over the MZP XXX
2018-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules