Mavic Air Crash
1937 11 2018-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_HLbxzeOKI77c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13924 ft

On 26/09 I had my first accident with the mavic air.
Started by asking me to calibrate the compass and after it was finished was ready to fly. When I took off the drone did not answer to any of my commands.Raised to a height of about 2 meters and instead of standing still began to walk alone to behind. All attempts to control it were in vain and then MA hit a wall and fell. This was the state it was in (see picture).
After sending it to DJI, I get the news that it was due to a GPS fault and they were not assume the repair costs.
How was my fault if I could never control the drone?
My question to DJI: Are you saying that if the GPS signal is weak when I raise the flight, I have no control over the drone and it takes control of itself? Being fall or accident inevitable?
Answerue to the drone was operated in Atti mode due to no GPS signal, it is very possible that the drone could not listen to your control, and it would seem lost control. Because the drone cannot position itself, and it would drift in the midair, influenced by the environment (such as wind).
Therefore, when you see it lost control, it is normal.
Has anyone had the same problem?
2018-09-26 13.49.04.jpg
2018-10-10
Use props
djiuser_HLbxzeOKI77c
lvl.1

Quotation from DJI
Screenshot_20181010-224722__01.jpg
2018-10-10
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sounds like you may have taken off near some steel.
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. I was able to check the case and the result of the analysis. We completely understand how you feel about the result and we are very sorry about this. We would like you to know that before coming to a conclusion, we made sure that our Data Analysis are fair enough about the result of investigation. The data analysis result was made by an independent technical team based on the flight data you’ve provided. We have reviewed your case and found that the result of the investigation is already final. This is Non Warranty due to the following reason:

1. The aircraft worked in Atti mode or OPTI mode due to the weak GPS signal;
2. T=185 s, H=1.4 m, the aircraft crashed with obstacles;
3. When GPS signal is weak, the aircraft could not hover in place, brake and avoid obstacle automatically.

Conclusion: Crash due to the weak GPS signal. Please fly in open area and wait until the GPS signal is stable before takeoff. No Warranty.

Unfortunately, DJI cannot apply warranty service for this case that has no product malfunction found. Once again, Sorry for the unfortunate experience and thank you so much for your understanding.
2018-10-10
Use props
Diogodani85
lvl.1

Portugal

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-10 17:17
Hi there. I was able to check the case and the result of the analysis. We completely understand how you feel about the result and we are very sorry about this. We would like you to know that before coming to a conclusion, we made sure that our Data Analysis are fair enough about the result of investigation. The data analysis result was made by an independent technical team based on the flight data you’ve provided. We have reviewed your case and found that the result of the investigation is already final. This is Non Warranty due to the following reason:

1. The aircraft worked in Atti mode or OPTI mode due to the weak GPS signal;

How do you explain not being able to control the drone manually?
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Diogodani85 Posted at 2018-10-11 00:43
How do you explain not being able to control the drone manually?

The ATTI or OPTI mode explains it, Diogo. If the unit is under this mode, stability of the drone can't be ensured as there's no enough GPS that may help the drone to be in position. See image below for more info about ATTI mode

2018-10-11
Use props
Diogodani85
lvl.1

Portugal

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-11 12:46
The ATTI or OPTI mode explains it, Diogo. If the unit is under this mode, stability of the drone can't be ensured as there's no enough GPS that may help the drone to be in position. See image below for more info about ATTI mode

[view_image]

I lost control over the drone how could I land on a safe place?
The drone did not respond to any of my commands.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Diogodani85 Posted at 2018-10-12 03:31
[view_image]

I lost control over the drone how could I land on a safe place?

Taking over the control while in ATTI mode is really hard since the stability of the drone isn't good anymore. That's why as soon as possible, we advise to land it right-away or don't fly the drone in ATTI mode. Checking the result of the analysis, the drone started with weak GPS signal. We could've avoided the crash if we didn't continue further the flight in ATTI mode. Hope you understand.
2018-10-12
Use props
fans00397cbd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61083 ft
United States

I may have just had a similar issue, did you have refresh?
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans00397cbd Posted at 2018-10-14 08:20

Hi there, sorry to know you have the same accident, if the drone is still in the warranty period, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, we have professional data analysis team who will help to figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution, thank you.
2018-10-14
Use props
Diogodani85
lvl.1

Portugal

fans00397cbd Posted at 2018-10-14 08:20

They said: "If the signal is not good, the drone will get into ATTI mode, very difficult to control, and appeared drifting situation."

I had to assume the repair costs
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Diogodani85 Posted at 2018-10-17 04:01
They said: "If the signal is not good, the drone will get into ATTI mode, very difficult to control, and appeared drifting situation."

I had to assume the repair costs

Hi Diogodani85, that is correct, we do not recommend to fly in the A mode to avoid the flight hazard, we see your case is under repairing/replacing process, hope you will get it back soon.
2018-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules