Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released(2018.10.11)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_pH2DUXFBGHQh Posted at 11-2 14:59
Good day. Will the update with the landing more closely match? And now the landing is far from takeoff.

The precision landing will be available in the future update. We'll release as soon as it is ready. Thanks for your attention.
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

viet.trandinhtruc Posted at 11-3 18:28
Hi Susan,

As we can see, there are lots of problems with the new firmware update, we can not place our trust on this update, drones are in the sky, not in the road, we have been waiting for the new firmware update to be sure everything is back to normal.

Thanks for getting back to us. You may refer to 440# and provide us with more details about the problems you encounter, we'd like to help you figure this out one by one, thank you!
2018-11-4
Use props
Francesco Signorini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38104 ft
Italy

The problem is that I don't trust to fly with the new update for this numerous problems, If it fell on a person for this firmware who would respond?!
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Francesco Signorini Posted at 11-4 13:10
The problem is that I don't trust to fly with the new update for this numerous problems, If it fell on a person for this firmware who would respond?!

I understand your concern and very sorry for this. In case the crash happens, we'll arrange data analysis to check the exact status and offer you a proper solution if the unit is under warranty period. Also, we sincerely recommend doing a fully pre-flight checklist every flight, thank you!
2018-11-5
Use props
Francesco Signorini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38104 ft
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 11-5 05:11
I understand your concern and very sorry for this. In case the crash happens, we'll arrange data analysis to check the exact status and offer you a proper solution if the unit is under warranty period. Also, we sincerely recommend doing a fully pre-flight checklist every flight, thank you!

Every flight I do all the checks. But here the problem is the malfunction of the sensors, especially in active tracking 2.0. The drone with these problems is likely to fall! How long does it take for the new update?
2018-11-5
Use props
Devil900
New
India

DJI Susan Posted at 10-21 20:18
Sir, we're sorry to read the troubles. Just to verify, is there any error message when the firmware failed? If not, please kindly offer the screenshot and upgrade log for further assistance, thanks so much!

Assistant 2(Windows) C: /Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log

Hey, I have the same problem. I am sharing the screenshot and below is the link for the update logs. Please assist

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... W0R1h5bgw-qvJO9M8LX

2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Francesco Signorini Posted at 11-5 16:35
Every flight I do all the checks. But here the problem is the malfunction of the sensors, especially in active tracking 2.0. The drone with these problems is likely to fall! How long does it take for the new update?

Thanks for the clarification. Regarding the sensors' issue of Active Tracking 2.0, may I have the issue video and corresponding flight data in the aircraft? We'd like to forward to our engineers to locate the exact status, thank you!
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Devil900 Posted at 11-5 23:23
Hey, I have the same problem. I am sharing the screenshot and below is the link for the update logs. Please assist

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k475vcMEtFNOUW0R1h5bgw-qvJO9M8LX

Hi Devil900, just to clarify, do you use Mavic Pro, right? If yes and the firmware update failed after many times, I'm afraid that you may consider sending it in for diagnosis as this cannot be figured out remotely. Please kindly check whether your seller or local dealer can help you handle it, thanks!
2018-11-6
Use props
Bradmax57
lvl.1
Flight distance : 202592 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I was away on holiday for two weeks, came back and charged my mavic 2 zoom up and checked to see if any updates were available, sure enough saw the update but wouldn't update via my ipad mini and go app, kept saying failed (error 0x0000000) I then connected it to dji assistant 2 (v2.0.4) and it said it was successful, it kept saying the remote controller needs and update but the app is failing all the time so I cant update the controller, I managed to downgrade the firmware back to v1 thinking I would update it again but its just the same, after trying it says air encoder error (0x4), restart aircraft. contact dji support if it persists after restart, and then aircraft upgrading. check for upgrade completion on DJI go homepage, am I best downgrading again?
2018-11-7
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bradmax57 Posted at 11-7 11:34
Hi I was away on holiday for two weeks, came back and charged my mavic 2 zoom up and checked to see if any updates were available, sure enough saw the update but wouldn't update via my ipad mini and go app, kept saying failed (error 0x0000000) I then connected it to dji assistant 2 (v2.0.4) and it said it was successful, it kept saying the remote controller needs and update but the app is failing all the time so I cant update the controller, I managed to downgrade the firmware back to v1 thinking I would update it again but its just the same, after trying it says air encoder error (0x4), restart aircraft. contact dji support if it persists after restart, and then aircraft upgrading. check for upgrade completion on DJI go homepage, am I best downgrading again?

well... well... see my new thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D541%26typeid%3D541

(I hope it has nothing to do with the fact that both you and me have "max" in our names )
2018-11-7
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 649403 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 11-2 05:56
I'm afraid that shipping cost is not available to refund if your address is not qualified for the shipping label. Sorry about this. Once the package arrived, the designated team will do damage assessment and offer you a proper solution.

Hi Susan,

My drone arrived today at DJI in the Netherlands.

Could you please keep me posted on the progress? How long does it normally take?

Thank you
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DedeMavic Posted at 11-8 09:54
Hi Susan,

My drone arrived today at DJI in the Netherlands.

May I have your tracking number? I'd like to check the current status and ask the local team take it as the priority.
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bradmax57 Posted at 11-7 11:34
Hi I was away on holiday for two weeks, came back and charged my mavic 2 zoom up and checked to see if any updates were available, sure enough saw the update but wouldn't update via my ipad mini and go app, kept saying failed (error 0x0000000) I then connected it to dji assistant 2 (v2.0.4) and it said it was successful, it kept saying the remote controller needs and update but the app is failing all the time so I cant update the controller, I managed to downgrade the firmware back to v1 thinking I would update it again but its just the same, after trying it says air encoder error (0x4), restart aircraft. contact dji support if it persists after restart, and then aircraft upgrading. check for upgrade completion on DJI go homepage, am I best downgrading again?

Hi Bradmax57, just to verify, has the drone been involved in the crash or hard landing before? If not, you may connect with App and check whether the firmware of aircraft and remote controller can be read. Alternatively, you may connect the aircraft or RC with DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware to see whether the air encoder error is the misinformation, thank you!
2018-11-9
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 11-9 00:20
May I have your tracking number? I'd like to check the current status and ask the local team take it as the priority.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your help. Please see the tracking number below:
Fedex 773666169412

Thanks!
2018-11-9
Use props
Bradmax57
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 11-9 00:32
Hi Bradmax57, just to verify, has the drone been involved in the crash or hard landing before? If not, you may connect with App and check whether the firmware of aircraft and remote controller can be read. Alternatively, you may connect the aircraft or RC with DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware to see whether the air encoder error is the misinformation, thank you!

No never, only flown it about 6 or 7 times, probably less than an hour in total
2018-11-9
Use props
Bradmax57
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 11-9 00:32

you can upgrade RC firmware via dji assistant?
2018-11-9
Use props
Bradmax57
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just tried to fly and noticed the side obstacle avoidance no longer works.....? going to downgrade it again cant say im exactly very happy with this purchase coming from a mavic platinum
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DedeMavic Posted at 11-9 00:57
Hi Susan,

Thank you for your help. Please see the tracking number below:

Well received, the package has been registered and updated in the system. You may also check the status from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bradmax57 Posted at 11-9 03:51

Thanks for getting back to us. Yes, it is available to update the RC for Mavic 2 Zoom by DJI Assistant 2, you may refer to the tutorial video and keep us updated on the latest progress, thank you!
2018-11-9
Use props
Bradmax57
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 11-9 05:07
Thanks for getting back to us. Yes, it is available to update the RC for Mavic 2 Zoom via DJI Assistant 2, you may refer to the tutorial video and keep us updated on the latest progress, thank you!

remote isn't seen by dji assistant 2 on my pc? tried several cables?
2018-11-9
Use props
Bradmax57
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Update, not sure I was doing it correctly on my pc but I installed it on my laptop and have successfully been able to update both the aircraft and the controller firmware but the side sensors definitely are not working? any ideas the front and rear are fine but its also flying extremely slowly forward and backwards unless it is in sports mode ?
2018-11-9
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Susan Posted at 11-9 05:04
Well received, the package has been registered and updated in the system. You may also check the status from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace

Thank you for your help Susan!
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bradmax57 Posted at 11-9 05:50
Update, not sure I was doing it correctly on my pc but I installed it on my laptop and have successfully been able to update both the aircraft and the controller firmware but the side sensors definitely are not working? any ideas the front and rear are fine but its also flying extremely slowly forward and backwards unless it is in sports mode ?

For the side sensors and flying speed, you may refer to the screenshot of the user manual for better understanding: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/Mavic%202%20Pro%20Zoom%20User%20Manual%20V1.4.pdf
1.png
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DedeMavic Posted at 11-9 14:00
Thank you for your help Susan!

My pleasure. Pre the damage assessment, it is a warranty case and the team has arranged the next for you. Hope we can figure this out soon.
2018-11-9
Use props
Max Gashkov
New
Flight distance : 291102 ft
Japan

I have this problem with new firmware too.

When I initially updated the aircraft through DJI GO it started to show that RC is not updated. I've downgraded the firmware on aircraft via DJI Assistant to the base and retried, same luck.

I decided I could try upgrading RC through DJI Assistant but no matter which cable or port I use on RC controller it just doesn't show up in the app on my Mac.

I'm not sure if it's safe to fly in this condition or if my RC even works correctly at all (if it's not showing when connecting to Mac).

By the way, this problem indeed seems to be specific to users with 'max' in their name
2018-11-10
Use props
ming3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 783822 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Ich suche vergeblich die Waypoint Funktion bei meinem DJI Mavic 2 Pro.
Habe das neueste Update drauf, hat jemand eine Antwort parat, gibt es die Funktion nicht mehr?
Wäre sehr schade. Hätte mich echt drauf gefreut.
2018-11-10
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 10-15 09:32
LOL, a lot of stuff doesn’t work WHEN IT IS ON THE GROUND. Seriously... FLY IT! Put into tripod mode & fly it into your house sideways... it won’t hit it.  What’s wrong with people???

NOTE: the single lateral camera on either side won’t detect glass. That requires stereo cameras, which Mavic 2 can now detect (glass that is) forwards/backwards.

OMG, I totally agree. Folks, your sensors NEVER worked on the ground, because, it's on the ground. Now, with the update, it TELLS you they are not working on the ground. Sometimes when the sensor(s) are facing the sun, they do not work correct, as it tells you in the manual.
2018-11-10
Use props
fansac3f252a
New

United Arab Emirates

Tried every which way to update the Mavic 2 Zoom, probably 25 times now and only controller updated, aircraft update fails every time, stalls at 85% - what’s going on?
2018-11-11
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

fansac3f252a Posted at 11-11 07:52
Tried every which way to update the Mavic 2 Zoom, probably 25 times now and only controller updated, aircraft update fails every time, stalls at 85% - what’s going on?

Did you try on another PC? You can try with DJI GO 4 app
2018-11-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Max Gashkov Posted at 11-10 00:11
I have this problem with new firmware too.

When I initially updated the aircraft through DJI GO it started to show that RC is not updated. I've downgraded the firmware on aircraft via DJI Assistant to the base and retried, same luck.

Hi Max, may I know which drone do you refer to? Could the drone be controlled by the RC? You may connect with DJI GO 4 and check the current version of the aircraft and controller to confirm.
2018-11-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ming3 Posted at 11-10 11:15
Ich suche vergeblich die Waypoint Funktion bei meinem DJI Mavic 2 Pro.
Habe das neueste Update drauf, hat jemand eine Antwort parat, gibt es die Funktion nicht mehr?
Wäre sehr schade. Hätte mich echt drauf gefreut.

Hi ming3, the waypoints of Mavic 2 Pro will be available in the future firmware update. We'll release on our website as soon as it is ready, appreciate your support and understanding.
2018-11-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tried every which way to update the Mavic 2 Zoom, probably 25 times now and only controller updated, aircraft update fails every time, stalls at 85% - what’s going on?

Hi Sir, is there any error message when the firmware update failed? May I have the screenshot of the error message and upgrade log? We'll forward to our engineers to check.

Assistant 2(Windows) C: /Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
Assistant 2(MAC): ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
APP(IOS): Click the DJI logo on the left upper corner more than 10 times, you will see the log and copy it to us
APP(Android): dji/dji.go.v4/log/cache/up_new_all
2018-11-11
Use props
Max Gashkov
New
Japan

DJI Susan Posted at 11-11 19:44
Hi Max, may I know which drone do you refer to? Could the drone be controlled by the RC? You may connect with DJI GO 4 and check the current version of the aircraft and controller to confirm.

Mavic 2 Zoom.

Aircraft is controlled by RC (turns propellers on and off).

Version of aircraft is 01.00.0100 and RC is 01.00.0000 (and I cannot upgrade the RC).
2018-11-11
Use props
ParideM
First Officer
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 10-30 03:56
Well received, thank you so much! I've forwarded to our engineers to check.

Hi Susan, any news about the logs I sent you? I try to fly mavic 2 using RC downstate USB port without problems, i think the problem of disconnection was the lateral port.
2018-11-12
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Max Gashkov Posted at 11-11 23:27
Mavic 2 Zoom.

Aircraft is controlled by RC (turns propellers on and off).

Hey Max!!

I was ONLY able to upgrade the REMOTE CONTROLLER using my PC (Windows 10) and the DJI ASSISTENT v. 2.0.4... that went flawlessly... Give it a try!
After that you can also easily check FIRMWARE using the DJI GO 4 app!

Take care, try and fly safe!

(Canon)Max
2018-11-12
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 11-11 19:44

Hello Susan...

all is solved now. The first time updating only works when using the ASSISTENT v. 2.0.4 on a PC...
I found out that the best way to update is:

0. download ASSISTENT 2 for MAVIC ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads ) v. 2.0.4

1. LAUNCH the program

2. CONNECT the REMOTE CONTROLLER and update FIRMWARE of the Remote Controller (using the USB charge port at the left upper corner)

3. CONNECT the Mavic 2 and update the FIRMWARE (using the special DJI cable with USB-C connector, connected to the Mavic 2)

4. (in case you own more batteries) repeat 3 step for every battery you own.
(you can -if you follow the above "instructions" do this using the DJI GO 4 APP...
2018-11-12
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bradmax57 Posted at 11-9 03:51

hi BradMax… the first time you NEED to update the firmware of the Remote Controller using DJI ASSISTANT 2 for MAVIC...
It might even be wise to update the Remote Controller FIRST....

Then you wil also notice (in the DJI GO 4 app) that there is a firmware version number NEXT to both the Aircraft AND the Remote Controller in the ABOUT section of the app...

Take Care!

(Canon)Max
2018-11-12
Use props
SFESS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 388192 ft
United States

I had the same issues trying to do the update on Assistant v2 and my Google Pixel XL 2 and finally was able to update the aircraft using an iphone believe it or not.  
2018-11-12
Use props
Max Gashkov
New
Japan

CanonMax Posted at 11-12 03:47
Hey Max!!

I was ONLY able to upgrade the REMOTE CONTROLLER using my PC (Windows 10) and the DJI ASSISTENT v. 2.0.4... that went flawlessly... Give it a try!

Hi and thanks. I was finally able to upgrade the RC via DJI Assistant on PC with Windows 10.
2018-11-12
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122215 ft
United States

Mine downloaded and transmitted 3 times before completing. Never had that happen before. Hope to get it in the air tomorrow to see if all is good.

*UPDATE* Still says it needs updating on DJI GO 4 but will not do anything. Something about the remote control. DJI assistant shows that I have the latest firmware.

2018-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules