New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released(2018.10.11)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djimunichzefix
lvl.1

IS there a chance to get the intelligent flight Mode "Course Lock" into the Mavic 2 Pro ? was my favourite mode with my phantom 4
2018-10-11
Use props
henley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41650 ft
United Kingdom

I was hoping for a much larger update, it seems this is pretty small for the most part.

For me, the following would be good to see:

Full use of the camera sensor
Ability to set the press on the 5D Pad
Ability to choose shutter speed on the 5D Pad
Ability to change the right-hand wheel to a custom option
Ability to change the  EXP of the two wheels (so gimbal sensitivity near mid-point can be lowered and then increased towards the extremes)
More custom options for C1 and C2
Precision landings
Volume control for battery alert and obstacle sensing!
Ability to recompose framing after selecting an item to track (rule of thirds and creative control etc)
Setting to stop the controller charging my phone or be able to set a percentage the phone can go down to before charging starts (I have 5 Mavic batteries and the controller doesn't last due to it charging my phone).

Additional 'nice to have' / ideas (take with a pinch of salt, just shooting the moon, don't jump down my throat!):
Ability to have 'wing mirrors' by showing picture in picture for selected body cameras. It would help pilot control craft while another films using the gimbal camera.
Ability to set RTH to follow the shortest path (i.e. uses the flight path created since taking off to re-track back to home, connecting crossed routes and averaging so it doesn't rewind the flight it's just taken fully).
Shooting 2x 360 panoramas near each other to create a stereoscopic view that could be used in VR headsets?
3D environment builder (Photogrammetry) using the body cameras, map out the environment and then use the main camera to map the photos in to an exportable 3D model with texturing (may be asking waaay too much here) ;)

2018-10-11
Use props
LordSky1976
lvl.2

FLT Posted at 2018-10-11 07:14
I’m seeing a lot of people say that the vision sensors have now been disabled after the firmware update. Anyone else?

All sensors disabled
2018-10-11
Use props
LordSky1976
lvl.2

All my sensors disabled, so i uninstalled the upgrade, now the main screen shows they're all disabled but checking on the sensor menu says they're working fine. Oh and my camera (pro) couldn't focus in camera mode with the upgrade. It's like they didn't do ANY testing.
2018-10-11
Use props
LordSky1976
lvl.2

STST Posted at 2018-10-10 22:48
Thanks,
I'll wait for the reviews.

Here's one:
Don't bother, my M2Pro refused to auto focus in camera mode, all sensors disabled with no way to turn them back on, the option to turn sensors of and on was in Chinese on the C1 and C2 menus.
Uninstalled just, everything back to normal, camera focus is fine again, all sensors working. Shame on the software department.
2018-10-11
Use props
Lomcovak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2274 ft
Czechia

LordSky1976 Posted at 2018-10-11 11:20
All my sensors disabled, so i uninstalled the upgrade, now the main screen shows they're all disabled but checking on the sensor menu says they're working fine. Oh and my camera (pro) couldn't focus in camera mode with the upgrade. It's like they didn't do ANY testing.

With new FW when drone is airborne icon of proximity sensing turns to standard green ("active") if it's ON in preferences. In my opinion strange change of logic.
2018-10-11
Use props
LordSky1976
lvl.2

Lomcovak Posted at 2018-10-11 11:39
With new FW when drone is airborne icon of proximity sensing turns to standard green ("active") if it's ON in preferences. In my opinion strange change of logic.

My camera became unusable too, blurry focus in the air and on the ground, couldn't sort it. Now it's perfect again after winding back the 'upgrade'.
2018-10-11
Use props
FlyingFish82
First Officer
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

WingSpeed Posted at 2018-10-11 10:37
Not going to happen. They already said it has to be done in post. Maybe they can add an 8bit Dlog mode with the barrel distortion fixed?

They didn't even add precision landing or other color modes for the M2Pro like D-Cinelike, etc. This seems like a pretty weak update.

yeah, i can do in post, but it would just be nice if it was possible to fix with software update and in drone cpu.  
2018-10-11
Use props
FlyingFish82
First Officer
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

henley Posted at 2018-10-11 10:49
I was hoping for a much larger update, it seems this is pretty small for the most part.

For me, the following would be good to see:

@dji take note! this list is very thorough!

as for the RC, you must be flying with your cellphone battery very low all times? i have flown up to 8 batteries with one RC charge. Im using an iPhone 7.

Cheers,
2018-10-11
Use props
ScanDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

Just went out again to try and all sensors and auto focus works great for me. I have a M2Z, but doubt that will have an impact.
2018-10-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-10-11 09:25
When you do this update, be sure to RESTART everything ONE MORE TIME after it completes everything. It also looks like it may have reset the calibration on the IMU and/or vision sensors. However, it seems to hover better than ever now!

You’ll also need to recheck ALL of your settings, as things like RTH altitude and any EXP/gain settings have defaulted.  Battery warnings defaulted. Lots of stuff defaulted, so better scrutinize your settings!

Thank you very much for sharing your observations!
2018-10-11
Use props
Scott_P
lvl.2
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-10-11 04:15
"firmware update was supposed to include Precision Landing, 4K 60, ability to store waypoint misssions, ability to save various camera, gimbil and flight control configurations, etc."

Who said so?

I stand corrected... 4K 60 was never a promise from DJI, just a wish list item since we know the processor can handle it.  Other items like storing waypoints, additional color profiles and precision landing were items that as I understand it, DJI has said will be included, we just don't know when.  I guess I should have said the firmware "should have included" instead of "was supposed to include".  
2018-10-11
Use props
henley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41650 ft
United Kingdom

FlyingFish82 Posted at 2018-10-11 11:44
@dji take note! this list is very thorough!

as for the RC, you must be flying with your cellphone battery very low all times? i have flown up to 8 batteries with one RC charge. Im using an iPhone 7.

It's generally between 80% and 100% as I make sure to stay charged before flying in the hopes it won't draw as much charge from the handset. I'm using a Google Pixel 2 and I'm guessing DJI haven't added as much support for Android as they have for iOS - hopefully that will change!

I now use the Flymore USB Battery dongle to connect to a used Mavic battery (which still has a small amount of charge left after landing), and use that with a USB cable to recharge the handset. I haven't tried yet but I will probably use the USB slot on the bottom of the handset to connect a cable to my phone. that way the handset can charge and my phone will also be connected. Not ideal but it's a workable solution for the time being.
2018-10-11
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1357589 ft

henley Posted at 2018-10-11 12:12
It's generally between 80% and 100% as I make sure to stay charged before flying in the hopes it won't draw as much charge from the handset. I'm using a Google Pixel 2 and I'm guessing DJI haven't added as much support for Android as they have for iOS - hopefully that will change!

I now use the Flymore USB Battery dongle to connect to a used Mavic battery (which still has a small amount of charge left after landing), and use that with a USB cable to recharge the handset. I haven't tried yet but I will probably use the USB slot on the bottom of the handset to connect a cable to my phone. that way the handset can charge and my phone will also be connected. Not ideal but it's a workable solution for the time being.

This is off-topic with the thread, but in relevance to your post. Will a powerbank charge the controller?
2018-10-11
Use props
Crayo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15833 ft
Finland

Now that we've received this fine Mavic 2 firmware for things didn't even realize needing, maybe the next one will bring us the features we've been really waiting for.

For me the list is short:
- Precision landing (instead of current "land to the approximate vicinity of the home point" -feature)
- Mavic 2 Pro camera adjustments to fix the incorrect color profile and lens aberration correction
- Waypoints
2018-10-11
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Scott_P Posted at 2018-10-11 12:08
I stand corrected... 4K 60 was never a promise from DJI, just a wish list item since we know the processor can handle it.  Other items like storing waypoints, additional color profiles and precision landing were items that as I understand it, DJI has said will be included, we just don't know when.  I guess I should have said the firmware "should have included" instead of "was supposed to include".

I'm wondering if DJI announces the changes to come with a next firmware or app update.
I have never seen this. Where do they announce upcoming changes?

When people ask for changes/add-ons here in this forum and the mods reply "I'll forward this to our engineers" -
is this what makes people think it will be part of the next update?
I'm afraid that is a very false conclusion.
2018-10-11
Use props
Marko Cooler
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1998704 ft
United Kingdom

Obstacle avoidance is no working after update, and downgrading not helping at all
2018-10-11
Use props
LordSky1976
lvl.2

Marko Cooler Posted at 2018-10-11 13:40
Obstacle avoidance is no working after update, and downgrading not helping at all

Downgraded myself after loads of issues including the one you mention. After downgrading, all obstacle avoidance was still disabled until I restarted everything a second time. Now it's all back apart from I still have Chinese options in the C1 and C2 menus (these are to disable obstacle avoidance) but they don't seem to re-enable it after pressing again. Total pants of an 'upgrade'.
2018-10-11
Use props
covpack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1295902 ft
United States

I’m seeing a lot of people say that the vision sensors have now been disabled after the firmware update. Anyone else?

I updated. Yes, the DJI app showed the vision sensors were off (icon all red),despite the settings showing the sensor on. However, once I launched the sensors turned green (activated). I think this is because the sensors are always off when on before takeoff. They turn back on when in the air.
2018-10-11
Use props
covpack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1295902 ft
United States

LordSky1976 Posted at 2018-10-11 11:20
All my sensors disabled, so i uninstalled the upgrade, now the main screen shows they're all disabled but checking on the sensor menu says they're working fine. Oh and my camera (pro) couldn't focus in camera mode with the upgrade. It's like they didn't do ANY testing.

See my other reply to the original. They are off but turn on when you launch.
2018-10-11
Use props
Chumley
lvl.3
Flight distance : 480774 ft
Australia

It would be nice if the vision sensors were on before launching (like before) so they could be checked on the ground.
2018-10-11
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>

FlyingFish82 Posted at 2018-10-11 10:22
Crystal Sky should have the latest version of the app, check your monitor and see if there is an update available.

Cheers

No, it's still running v4.3.0 but not 4.3.2.
2018-10-11
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>

YES!!!!! WTF
2018-10-11
Use props
pooch
lvl.1
United States

my side ones are off now after update
2018-10-11
Use props
pooch
lvl.1
United States

covpack Posted at 2018-10-11 14:00
I updated. Yes, the DJI app showed the vision sensors were off (icon all red),despite the settings showing the sensor on. However, once I launched the sensors turned green (activated). I think this is because the sensors are always off when on before takeoff. They turn back on when in the air.

after upgrade, my up/down ones were one, but the side ones were off.    guess that moght just be the new way?
2018-10-11
Use props
Chumley
lvl.3
Australia

Seriously?  I paid extra money for this drone because of the sideways vision sensors.  Bad enough they only worked in tripod mode, but now they don't work at all?  I'm holding off on this update.
2018-10-11
Use props
pooch
lvl.1
United States

covpack Posted at 2018-10-11 14:02
See my other reply to the original. They are off but turn on when you launch.

good to know.  will try and fly in am.  one thing I can't understand is photo aspect.

I need to shoot photos in landscape mode and 4:3 for the company I am working with.    With drone off and iphone/djigo4 and rc powered up and landcape mode o , in photo settings>size are 3 options are 3 options, 16:9, 4:3 and 3:2.  As soon as I power up the drone th4:# option goes away and can only shoot in 16:9 or 3:2.  Anything I am missing?
2018-10-11
Use props
04in719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>

M2 Zoom/iPad Mini 4.
Had to do AC firmware via assistant. RC firmware went fine via Go4 app.
Initially the C1/C2 option for obstacle avoidance was in chinese. Restarted everything including closing the app completely and it's in English now.
Had to re-do most settings.
All sensors working fine.
Test flight good.
All seems fine to me with the exception of the updates we really wanted not included this time.

~Ed
Colorado Springs, CO
2018-10-11
Use props
Scott_P
lvl.2
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-10-11 12:31
I'm wondering if DJI announces the changes to come with a next firmware or app update.
I have never seen this. Where do they announce upcoming changes?

Thanks Eirc13 for feeling the need to correct me.  And to answer your question about "Where do they announce upcoming changes"  On the forums when the DJI Moderators state in response to the Barrel distortion problem in M2P Dlog, "Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Our engineers are currently fixing this issue right now. Your patience will be much appreciated.".
Also at the M2 launch event it was stated that it would have "High precision Landing", (the event was recorded you can watch it if you want).  How about on the forum when a DJI moderator states in response to the precision landing comments "Hi Jon, this is Hunter from DJI.  I've just received the latest news about the precision landing.  We value costumers' feedback, after considering, we will add Precision Landing to Mavic 2 in the future firmware update. Please wait patiently."

Done commenting on this issue.
2018-10-11
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>

04in719 Posted at 2018-10-11 15:18
M2 Zoom/iPad Mini 4.
Had to do AC firmware via assistant. RC firmware went fine via Go4 app.
Initially the C1/C2 option for obstacle avoidance was in chinese. Restarted everything including closing the app completely and it's in English now.

I got the Chinese lettering too. Sensors disabled. Updated RC and Drone with Assistant 2 second time. Still disabled still Chinese.  Now what?
2018-10-11
Use props
Chumley
lvl.3
Australia

Quick update. I decided to give it a go. Updated aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Go 4 app (Android) all to latest. All the sensors work fine (same as previous) as does the camera focussing (M2 Pro). But still have Chinese lettering for the new C1/C2 button options despite numerous restarts.
2018-10-11
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>

The upgrade itself went perfectly. Right after launching on the first flight, the gimbal went a little nuts. I landed, did a gimbal calibration and then flew 2 batteries before I had to take the wife out for her birthday. I took several photos and a couple videos, everything appears to be working fine. Depending on the weather (the effects of Michael are supposed to be here sometime), I'll try to fly it some more tomorrow.
2018-10-11
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>

I saw a couple folks report sensor problems so I made it a point to test them. Both in and out of Tripod mode, they all worked as they were supposed to.
2018-10-11
Use props
Pzooky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377382 ft
United Kingdom

I'm stuck halfway through, RC updated but drone won't mmm
2018-10-11
Use props
Pzooky
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Update done, was just down to cable in the end.
2018-10-11
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this update for the batteries as well , or just the RC and aircraft ?
2018-10-11
Use props
Savvas G
lvl.1

Cyprus

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-10-11 17:19
I saw a couple folks report sensor problems so I made it a point to test them. Both in and out of Tripod mode, they all worked as they were supposed to.

Hello guys. I am new here also. Regarding the avoidance sensors everything is disabled for me also. I refresh the firmware but nothing. I didn't try to downgrade yet and also I didn't try to fly to check if they enabled.
2018-10-11
Use props
Chumley
lvl.3
Australia

You should go through all the settings in the DJI Go 4 app.  I think the vision systems were disabled by default (despite what you previously had set). So make sure you enable it again.

And Dari, I don't think the update involved the batteries. Just aircraft, remote controller, and Go 4 app. You will probably be told to update the geo no-fly zones as well (can't remember what that's called).
2018-10-11
Use props
Pzooky
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Everything went well in the end, avoidance sensors seem to be working, radar stripes are on the screen showing obstacles? Maybe I'm missing something?
2018-10-11
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chumley Posted at 2018-10-11 19:53
You should go through all the settings in the DJI Go 4 app.  I think the vision systems were disabled by default (despite what you previously had set). So make sure you enable it again.

And Dari, I don't think the update involved the batteries. Just aircraft, remote controller, and Go 4 app. You will probably be told to update the geo no-fly zones as well (can't remember what that's called).

Cool thank you !
2018-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules