New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released(2018.10.11)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_pH2DUXFBGHQh
lvl.1

Russia

Sensors work
2018-10-14
Use props
VectorTwin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 505978 ft
Bulgaria

When drone is on ground sensors are disable, then when take-of they are automatically turn-on and work fine.
2018-10-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-13 23:12
Hi WingSpeed, we do not have received any news about the D-Cinelike on Mavic 2 Pro for now. Sorry about this. If there is an update, we'll release on our website.

Hi Susan

Can you please ask the R&D engineers if they are planning on adding the user settings for days to auto discharge the batteries? I saw they removed the fixed 10 day to auto discharge from the details page.

Also, are they going to add precision landing back to the Mavic 2 ?
Thanks for looking into this for us.  

All the best
Rich
2018-10-14
Use props
daishi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106325 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The update process was flawless for me (took around 5 minutes).
Did some test flights today and everything including obstacle avoidence works!
I have a Mavic 2 Pro and am using IOS...
2018-10-14
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 649403 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DedeMavic Posted at 2018-10-13 14:11
My gimbal stopped working after the firmware update. When I turn on the mavic 2 the camera will not move. Tried downgrading and it's still not working.  Has anyone had any similar experience?  What can I do to fix it?

Thanks

Can anyone from DJI provide any recommendations? Is this a software related issue or do I have a hardware problem?
2018-10-14
Use props
woolfie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 598100 ft
Austria

daishi Posted at 2018-10-14 09:34
The update process was flawless for me (took around 5 minutes).
Did some test flights today and everything including obstacle avoidence works!
I have a Mavic 2 Pro and am using IOS...

Same here. Update via Go4 App (v4.3.3 on iOS 12.0.1) with no problems. Sensors working like before with no issues.
2018-10-14
Use props
Jose C. Borrero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1170768 ft
Puerto Rico

Anunaki Posted at 2018-10-14 03:02
Yes my vision sensors have been disabled with the latest firmware.

My sensors are disable, Is this a glitch? Do I have to rollback?
2018-10-14
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jose C. Borrero Posted at 2018-10-14 14:54

Were they disabled when flying or just when on the ground?  If you've read any of this thread, you will see that many have discovered that while on the ground, the sensor shows disabled, but once launched, it works normally.  Is this the behavior you see?
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_dnRkXM9NvBI1 Posted at 2018-10-13 10:12
In a German forum and also after my own try, after the update, the sensors disabled. When starting they will get Green BUT also wenn side Sensors are green the won't work. Crashed nearly in a wall although tripod and this is a general problem. I know at least 5 owner with the same problem.

Sir, if the drone has not taken off, the radar icon will be red in Andriod device. Also, the sensors may not work well in some conditions(you may refer to page 21-22 of the user manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual_v1.2.pdf), we sincerely suggest flying cautiously, thanks!
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rob W Posted at 2018-10-12 02:38
Why are DJI treating your Professional line of drones so much worse than the consumer line? It is truly embarrassing for DJI as a company, and a slap in the face for your customers.

We understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience. Your request has been transferred to our engineers, hope there will be a firmware update soon.
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ralphk Posted at 2018-10-13 08:54
tried that. almost bang into a wall though

Hi ralphk, the sensors icon will be red in Andriod device if the drone has not taken off. If the sensors are enabled but still not working in the air, you may upload the screen recording for further assistance, thanks so much!
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Leonel Mondragon Posted at 2018-10-13 09:06
I was wondering if anybody can confirm that obstacle avoidance in all sides are unavailable in (TAP FLY FREE MODE), I have a mavic 2 zoom I used a Google pixel 2 and in both the old firmware and this recent new firmware still, obstacle avoidance is not available in  TAP FLY FREE MODE. All the other tapfly modes have obstacle avoidance of some sort. Thanks. Maybe DJI can comment on this???

Hello Leonel, the aircraft cannot avoid obstacles in TapFly Free Mode, you may refer to the user manual and confirm: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/20180920/Mavic+2+Pro+Zoom+User+Manual_v1.2.pdf
TapFly.png
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansee3580f1 Posted at 2018-10-13 09:23
I am unable to do the update using my ultra bright crystal sky. I keep getting a network connection error yet it is on the network and I’m able to view google through the browser. I have updated the firmware using my iPhone.   Any help would be appreciated as using a DJI product for an update should not be an issue.

Hey there, sorry for the inconvenience. Please try to disconnect the WiFi or hotspot, then connect again or switch to another working WiFi to confirm, thanks!
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Trailkill Posted at 2018-10-13 11:51
I downgraded firmware. Everything worked again. Then tried upgrading again. Found out that everything was working as it is should the first time. The OA sensors are turned off until I got airborne. Then they came on and worked as they should. The only flaw is the C1 C2 button settings are in Chinese. But it does turn on and off the OA.
The drone flew just fine.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to the see everything works well now. For the Chinese in C1/C2 setting, this has been forwarded to our engineers to check.
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans46f679dd Posted at 2018-10-13 11:54
Just collided with street lantern.
Mavic won‘t recognize Object, even if it‘s 30cm in front of me

Sorry to read the crash. Please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support If the unit is under warranty period, we'll arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution.
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GABarber Posted at 2018-10-13 12:28
I have my firmware update stuck at 99% for 10 minutes... How long should I wait to retry?

Hello GABarber, if the firmware update stuck at 99% for a long time, please restart all devices and check the version number in About page. If the firmware update failedl, you may connect with DJI Assistant 2 and upgrade the firmware again to see whether it helps.
2018-10-14
Use props
Tomasz Kierepka
lvl.2

Poland

Hi. Yesterday I did an update via Assistant 2. After the update, the application shows disabled OA, but after the start, they turn on only the start height and landing. As soon as I fly higher than 1m, the OA error pops up and turns off. When I want to land, it turns on and works until the engines stop. The hover is unstable, it floats 10-15cm from side to side as well as up and down. I did a downgrade and everything went back to normal. Later, I made a software upgrade and the same problems. In addition, the camera does not catch focus and Chinese language when choosing C1 and C2. I use Android. Of course the app and controller updated.
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_4Z1eRI4u4uuq Posted at 2018-10-13 12:50
My mavic 2 zoom after up firmware. OA is disabled (i don't play S mode), after take off, OA work but flight far about 50m, it say :"obstacle avoidance temporary error" and OA disabled. I landing aircraft and take off again but OA did't work anymore (on ground and after take off).
ps: After up firmware, below body aircraft and the motor after flight 3-5 mins very hot

Hi there, the sensors icon will be red in Andriod device if the drone has not taken off. As for the "obstacle avoidance temporary error", may I have the screenshot when the error message appears? You may check whether the sensors are clean and try to calibrate the sensors to see whether it works.

2018-10-14
Use props
Tomasz Kierepka
lvl.2

Poland

Ok Susan, when I back home from work, post video and check OA in flight.
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DedeMavic Posted at 2018-10-14 13:00
Can anyone from DJI provide any recommendations? Is this a software related issue or do I have a hardware problem?

Hi DedeMavic, sorry for the late response. Just to verify, is there any error message when connected with App? Please make sure the gimbal protector has been removed, and try to do gimbal calibration to see whether it works.
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-10-13 14:14
Hi All

I updated my Mavic 2 Pro with the latest FW on this post announcement. I used my iPhone 8+ on the iOS 12 system using the latest Go 4 App 4.3.3

Hi Rich, thanks for sharing your experience with us. Nice to see everything works fine now. For the request of adding discharge day on the App, I've forwarded to our engineers to see how they respond, thanks!
For the Precision Landing, our engineers have decided to add it for the Mavic 2 after carefully considering customers’ feedback. They are working on it and will be released in a future firmware update. Thanks for your attention.

2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

WRHershey Posted at 2018-10-13 15:16
UPDATE: Just heard back from DJI, and they correctly guessed that at night, with the landing light on, my landing surface was too reflective and causing the drone to not think landing was safe.

So, tried it again after dark, this time I placed my landing pad on the white plastic table I was landing on, turned on the light and it landed perfect..

Glad to hear the doubt has been figured out. Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good time!
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kajtek Posted at 2018-10-13 18:07
Yesterday I upgraded the firmware in Mavic and remote and today first free flights were OK but forth, fifth, sixth and seventh had problems. Suddenly remote was losing connections with mavic and the message was         Remote controller connection error. Camera view on the phone frozen and black and white. After a few seconds it showed "Disconnected" and  few seconds later "Obstacle avoidance Avoidance disabled". Itr followed with message "Signal lost" and RTH. It happened at hight 100m and 200m from Home position with no obstructions between mavic and remote. I could see the Mavic.  Mavic returned and remote connected before landing. Next flight the same sequence - at some point remotes disconnects the same sequence of messages but this time remote connected during RTH  for several seconds before  reaching home position and then disconnected again and did not connect at all even when mavic was landing.  Another two flight the same problem Mavic landing without connecting again. Fortunately, RTH works flawlessly. It was progressively getting worse. Last flight, I had problem from the very beginning. The DJIGO app had a problem to connect to the remote. I checked the cables. Finally, it connected and  Icould fly but soon again the same problem - remote loses connection with Mavic and later with the phone. It seems that the problem is in the remote.  I do not know if this is just that the remote  is failing or is it because of the upgrade. I downgraded both mavic and remote and I am planning (if weather permits) to fly tomorrow to see if the problem is fixed.

Hi Kajtek, I'm sorry to read the troubles. Could you connect with DJI Assistant 2, export the corresponding flight data in the aircraft and log in the RC? Also, please kindly advise the issue date and time, we'll forward to our engineers to check the exact status, thanks in advance!
2018-10-15
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 649403 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-14 23:56
Hi DedeMavic, sorry for the late response. Just to verify, is there any error message when connected with App? Please make sure the gimbal protector has been removed, and try to do gimbal calibration to see whether it works.

Hi Susan,
No error in the app. I tried to do a gimbal calibration but nothing happens. The camera will not move. It will just face down and right. If I touch the camera it will move up left and then down right and will stay like that. If I touch the camera again it will repeat the same movement... Up left then down right. No erros in the app. The drone will fly but camera faces down and right and I cannot move the camera. All this happened after the firmware update.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

STST Posted at 2018-10-13 23:32
After the upgrade ,
i have a new problems :
1. hovering i seems that  the drone is lass stable  and not keep the current position (I did the MUI and Vision calibration)

Hi STST, may I know how many GPS satellites do you get? For the hover accuracy, you may refer to our parameters.
Regarding the record of hyperlapse, could you provide us with a short video? We'd like to check the exact status, thanks!
A.jpg.png
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_pH2DUXFBGHQh Posted at 2018-10-14 03:02
Good day. Tell me, is it possible to make DJI GO 4 4.3.2 in Russian?

Hi there, the App does not support Russian for now. We'll release on our website if more languages are available. Appreciate your attention.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jose C. Borrero Posted at 2018-10-14 14:54

Hi Jose,  the sensors icon will be red in Andriod device if the drone has not taken off. You may choose an open filed to test whether the sensors work well during the flight, please fly carefully.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tomasz Kierepka Posted at 2018-10-14 23:25
Hi. Yesterday I did an update via Assistant 2. After the update, the application shows disabled OA, but after the start, they turn on only the start height and landing. As soon as I fly higher than 1m, the OA error pops up and turns off. When I want to land, it turns on and works until the engines stop. The hover is unstable, it floats 10-15cm from side to side as well as up and down. I did a downgrade and everything went back to normal. Later, I made a software upgrade and the same problems. In addition, the camera does not catch focus and Chinese language when choosing C1 and C2. I use Android. Of course the app and controller updated.

Hi Tomasz, thanks for heading up. Generally, the sensors icon will be red in Andriod device if the drone has not taken off. If the OA errors appear in the flight, you may upload the screen recording for further assistance, thanks! Also, please make sure the GPS signal is good enough to hover, you may test in an open filed to confirm. For the camera does not catch focus, does it only appear in pictures? Could you upload some original pictures from the SD card for double check? Thanks so much!
Lastly, the Chinese in C1/C2 has been reported to our engineers, hope they will figure it out soon. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DedeMavic Posted at 2018-10-15 01:33
Hi Susan,
No error in the app. I tried to do a gimbal calibration but nothing happens. The camera will not move. It will just face down and right. If I touch the camera it will move up left and then down right and will stay like that. If I touch the camera again it will repeat the same movement... Up left then down right. No erros in the app. The drone will fly but camera faces down and right and I cannot move the camera. All this happened after the firmware update.

Thanks for the clarification. Could you upload a short video of the issue? I'll double check with our engineers to see if the issue can be figured out remotely.
2018-10-15
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 281283 ft
Germany

The update worked fine for me... The bird is still flying,  but where are:

- 4K FOV (still only resolving 2,7K)
- Waypoint function
- Precision landing
- Manual setting of battery discharge timing threshold

This is what I am waiting for...
2018-10-15
Use props
Jose C. Borrero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1170768 ft
Puerto Rico

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-15 01:45
Hi Jose,  the sensors icon will be red in Andriod device if the drone has not taken off. You may choose an open filed to test whether the sensors work well during the flight, please fly carefully.

Thanks Susan,
After another restart all sensors came again. Thanks and sorry for this early call.
2018-10-15
Use props
Tomasz Kierepka
lvl.2

Poland

Jose C. Borrero Posted at 2018-10-15 04:18
Thanks Susan,
After another restart all sensors came again. Thanks and sorry for this early call.

How many restart u made after sensors back? I made 3 and nothink better
2018-10-15
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

I still have not made the plunge to buy M2P, waiting for the spring. I really hope DJI has re-added Precision Landing (vital for take-offs in rugged terrain) and D-Cinelike profile. Also, I am disappointed to read that there is still no lateral visual obstacle avoidance in POI (had a few close shaves with my Mavic in this mode)
2018-10-15
Use props
Tomasz Kierepka
lvl.2

Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-15 01:51
Hi Tomasz, thanks for heading up. Generally, the sensors icon will be red in Andriod device if the drone has not taken off. If the OA errors appear in the flight, you may upload the screen recording for further assistance, thanks! Also, please make sure the GPS signal is good enough to hover, you may test in an open filed to confirm. For the camera does not catch focus, does it only appear in pictures? Could you upload some original pictures from the SD card for double check? Thanks so much!
Lastly, the Chinese in C1/C2 has been reported to our engineers, hope they will figure it out soon. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Ok. I installed a new Windows 10 and downloaded Assistant 2. It turns out that under Win 10 there is still the option Restore factory settings, which I do not have in Win 7. After clicking nothing changed, the above mentioned errors except the camera - normally sharpens. After starting Mavic again, OA started working after take of and it worked properly even during the flight. During the landing, an OA error pops up. I have everything recorded, but I need a moment to share it. I noticed that after a flight of about 10 minutes, the front engines have (on the touch) a temperature of about 45C, and the rear about 30C. From what I associate, before the update they had more or less similar temperatures. I did not check anything else because I had little battery. Some messages about the controller's rods have already popped up and I have never had one. I need to delve deeper into the topic.
2018-10-15
Use props
Przemek Kuninie
lvl.2
Ireland

After the last update, side sensors in tripod mode do not work.
Edit:
After refresh everything work fine
2018-10-15
Use props
rutacrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 335413 ft
United Kingdom

So many people have problems with sensors with a camera with a range.How long we have to wait for some improved firmware? There were no problems before this update.
2018-10-15
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Has anyone confirmed they corrected the photos in the IMU calibration for Android ?
2018-10-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Przemek Kuninie Posted at 2018-10-15 08:30
After the last update, side sensors in tripod mode do not work.[view_image]

LOL, a lot of stuff doesn’t work WHEN IT IS ON THE GROUND. Seriously... FLY IT! Put into tripod mode & fly it into your house sideways... it won’t hit it.  What’s wrong with people???

NOTE: the single lateral camera on either side won’t detect glass. That requires stereo cameras, which Mavic 2 can now detect (glass that is) forwards/backwards.
2018-10-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 2018-10-15 06:34
I still have not made the plunge to buy M2P, waiting for the spring. I really hope DJI has re-added Precision Landing (vital for take-offs in rugged terrain) and D-Cinelike profile. Also, I am disappointed to read that there is still no lateral visual obstacle avoidance in POI (had a few close shaves with my Mavic in this mode)

They’ve stated many times that precision landing and waypoints 2.0 are coming. This will be welcomed, as it really is necessary. Hand flying it straight down doesn’t always get you STRAIGHT DOWN hahaha. The first Mavic was much more stable and precise in a descent straight down; transitioning into a landing.

Hopefully they add lateral OA in POI.

Don’t worry about D-Cinelike on THIS drone since Normal and the ability to do THAT in H.265 gets you a better output than D-Cinelike and imperfect color “grading.” If you just have to correct your footage afterwards, then make it incorrect by bringing contrast down -1 and saturation down -2... THAT gives you nearly exactly what DJI’s Cinelike profile outputs. However, after scrutiny, you’ll see you lose a little depth and detail where lighter meets darker edges (even after post).

The H.265 codec (albeit Version 1 HEVC), definitely preserves 100% more picture detail/clarity over H.264. This is evident without even squinting using a large screen 4K TV. This combined with the (slightly over saturated depending on exposure) Normal Color profile gives you an (almost) perfect representation of the final output desired. If you nail the exposure, the saturation looks more spot-on. If you’re flying around in full auto camera settings, then yes, it’ll be over saturated & a little warm/yellow. The white balance seems to be about 300 kelvin too high, so use Custom.

Ming Thein designed & tested this drone/camera for 2 months just to dial-in the color @ Hasselblad. He’s the reason this has the Hasselblad Color.

2018-10-15
Use props
Przemek Kuninie
lvl.2
Ireland

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-10-15 09:32
LOL, a lot of stuff doesn’t work WHEN IT IS ON THE GROUND. Seriously... FLY IT! Put into tripod mode & fly it into your house sideways... it won’t hit it.  What’s wrong with people???

NOTE: the single lateral camera on either side won’t detect glass. That requires stereo cameras, which Mavic 2 can now detect (glass that is) forwards/backwards.

It's the same in the air!
2018-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules