DJI replaced my under warrany unit for a defective one.
1550 19 2018-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marlos2
lvl.2
Brazil

*Case / RMA No.: CAS-2157427-X1D2H2

I've sent my DJI Osmo Mobile from Brazil to DJI because it had a jittering focus problem while using the slow motion. You can read about it here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 4&page=1#pid1509343

My unit flew 6000 miles to go plus 6000 miles to get back. I spent more than U$ 100 with Postal Services. During this time I had to rent a gimball as well, besides other details that I'll spare you. When the unit arrived at DJI, even though I’ve uploaded several videos showing them what was happening, they said that nothing was found and that they would send me a "new" unit for "customer satisfaction". That’s what they said:

“Technotes: - Osmo mobile 103LE6100200G6, handle 0BSKEF0600008X works fine with no faults found. - Osmo mobile works fine with "No Problems Found". - Cannot duplicate customer reported problem "Jittery" slow motion with DJI Go app and Filmic Pro. - Tested with both IOS and Android devices. - Activation info: 2017-10-26 XXXXXXXXX@hotmail.com - For customer satisfaction and peace of mind a replacement Osmo mobile will be sent.”

Well, guess how satisfied I’m when I connect my "new" unit to find out it's completely off-centered? When I either turn on the unit or double click the front button it turns all the way to the left. I can't even see the mobile screen. Do you want to see it by yourself? Have a close look:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/if4lqf ... 6-21-31-50.mp4?dl=0

Really, don’t you have a human being to test those units before sending it to your customers? It's such a groos mistake that I don't even know what to say.

Anyway, I wrote DJI back again telling them what had happened. Now, sit down and listen to their answer, it’s not a joke:

“Since you have already completed all the troubleshooting steps and the issue was not fixed we recommend to send the unit back for repair. Since your location is currently not included on our shipping countries, DJI will not undertake any shipping and customs clearance fees. (You can find this point in NA After-sales Policies).”

Yes, they want me to spend more U$ 100 to send it again to the US. Well, I was reading the suggested literature at NA After-sales Policies and this is what I found:

“DJI will arrange for repair or replacement service at no cost if the problem falls under this Limited Warranty."

Well, I've sent you my unit from Brazil and I have paid a lot of money to do so. DJI should have either sent me my repaired unit or replaced it for a new WORKING PROPERLY unit. Instead, they sent me a useless piece of plastic and want ME to spend more money to correct THEIR mistake. So, I hope DJI understands that I have done my part on the After-sales policy. I can't say the same about DJI.

Does anyone here in the forum has any idea of what I could do in that surreal situation where a client has to pay for a seller’s mistake?

Thanks,

Marlos
2018-10-11
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

An admin will see and help you out.  They are your best hope at this point.
2018-10-11
Use props
Marlos2
lvl.2
Brazil

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-10-11 05:25
An admin will see and help you out.  They are your best hope at this point.

Thanks for your answer ALABAMA, I hope you're right.

This is one of those cases in which you have a chance to find out what these companies are really made of: responsible human beings or bureaucrats on duty.

Let's wait and find out...

Thanks again
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Marlos, I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience. I was able to review the case and confirmed that the unit that was sent to you undergone Quality Assessment to make sure the unit works fine before shipment. We'll try to coordinate this to the relevant team and provide a feedback soon. Thanks for your cooperation and patience.
2018-10-11
Use props
Marlos2
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-11 16:07
Hi Marlos, I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience. I was able to review the case and confirmed that the unit that was sent to you undergone Quality Assessment to make sure the unit works fine before shipment. We'll try to coordinate this to the relevant team and provide a feedback soon. Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Thank you very much for your answer Diana. I'm really looking forward to any answer better than "sorry, our mistake, but you pay the bill..."

Anyway, thanks again,

Marlos
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Marlos2 Posted at 2018-10-11 16:14
Thank you very much for your answer Diana. I'm really looking forward to any answer better than "sorry, our mistake, but you pay the bill..."

Anyway, thanks again,

Marlos, sorry to know the Osmo Mobile still doesn't work well when you got it back, I would like to verify what troubleshooting have you done? Gimbal calibration? Are you able to control the gimbal via the joystick? Was the firmware updated to the latest version?
2018-10-11
Use props
Marlos2
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-11 20:11
Marlos, sorry to know the Osmo Mobile still doesn't work well when you got it back, I would like to verify what troubleshooting have you done? Gimbal calibration? Are you able to control the gimbal via the joystick? Was the firmware updated to the latest version?

Hi Mindy, yes, I tried to use the auto-calibration from the app but it didn't work. Yes, I'm able to control it with the joystick, although it's completely of-centered when I either turn it on or double-click the front button. About the latest firmware, as far as I know, if there's a new firmware the app will notificate me when I turn it on. Besides that, it just arrived directly from DJI a few days ago.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Marlos
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Marlos2 Posted at 2018-10-12 05:00
Hi Mindy, yes, I tried to use the auto-calibration from the app but it didn't work. Yes, I'm able to control it with the joystick, although it's completely of-centered when I either turn it on or double-click the front button. About the latest firmware, as far as I know, if there's a new firmware the app will notificate me when I turn it on. Besides that, it just arrived directly from DJI a few days ago.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Thanks for confirming, Marlos. We're still trying to communicate with the relevant team on what we can help to lessen the hassle in your part. We'll keep you posted once we got feedback from them. Thanks for your patience.
2018-10-12
Use props
Marlos2
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-12 12:47
Thanks for confirming, Marlos. We're still trying to communicate with the relevant team on what we can help to lessen the hassle in your part. We'll keep you posted once we got feedback from them. Thanks for your patience.

Hi Diana, thanks again for your answer, I've just got an email from a shop called "Drone Store" (www.dronestore.com.br) here in São Paulo asking me to get in touch with them. I'm not sure if it has something to do with you or not, but I'm gonna try to reach them next monday, since they won't open this weekend.

Do you have any relation with that store?

Thanks again,

Marlos
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Marlos2 Posted at 2018-10-12 14:34
Hi Diana, thanks again for your answer, I've just got an email from a shop called "Drone Store" (www.dronestore.com.br) here in São Paulo asking me to get in touch with them. I'm not sure if it has something to do with you or not, but I'm gonna try to reach them next monday, since they won't open this weekend.

Do you have any relation with that store?

We forwarded the concern with the relative team and they're trying to get the best help we can provide to avoid hassle in your end. Drone Store emailing you may be the resolution that we've came up but we'll confirm it first with the relevant team to avoid confusions. We'll make sure to keep you updated on this. Thanks for your support and have a great weekend!
2018-10-12
Use props
Marlos2
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-12 15:59
We forwarded the concern with the relative team and they're trying to get the best help we can provide to avoid hassle in your end. Drone Store emailing you may be the resolution that we've came up but we'll confirm it first with the relevant team to avoid confusions. We'll make sure to keep you updated on this. Thanks for your support and have a great weekend!

Hi Diana, do you have any news on your side? I contacted dronestore.com.br today and they said they are no longer a DJI authorized repair center. They said their email was an answer to an email that I've sent them more than a month ago asking if they could repair my unit here in Brazil. I've sent that email before sending you my unit to the US. But they only answered me last thursday.

Anyway, I'm back where I was last week, waiting for a proposed solution from DJI where I won't have to pay for others' mistake.

Thanks again,

Marlos
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Marlos2 Posted at 2018-10-15 14:01
Hi Diana, do you have any news on your side? I contacted dronestore.com.br today and they said they are no longer a DJI authorized repair center. They said their email was an answer to an email that I've sent them more than a month ago asking if they could repair my unit here in Brazil. I've sent that email before sending you my unit to the US. But they only answered me last thursday.

Anyway, I'm back where I was last week, waiting for a proposed solution from DJI where I won't have to pay for others' mistake.

HI Marlos, sorry for the delay. We have already forwarded the issue on the relevant team, however we haven't receive any updates. We will have someone contact you as soon as we received the feedback. Hope for your patience.
2018-10-15
Use props
Marlos2
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-15 16:37
HI Marlos, sorry for the delay. We have already forwarded the issue on the relevant team, however we haven't receive any updates. We will have someone contact you as soon as we received the feedback. Hope for your patience.

Hi Diana, thanks again for your answer. On my end I'm trying to help you helping me. I've found out that there's a DJI authorized repair center in Brazil. I've talked with an attendant called Bruno  who said that they couldn't do anything about my warranty since I didn't buy my Osmo Mobile in Brazil. Anyway, maybe, if you talk with them, there might be a chance that we could fix my unit here in Brazil.

What do you think?

Thanks again,

Marlos
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Marlos2 Posted at 2018-10-16 07:13
Hi Diana, thanks again for your answer. On my end I'm trying to help you helping me. I've found out that there's a DJI authorized repair center in Brazil. I've talked with an attendant called Bruno  who said that they couldn't do not nothing about my warranty since I didn't buy my Osmo Mobile in Brazil. Anyway, maybe, if you talk with them, there might be a chance that we could fix my unit here in Brazil.

What do you think?

Sorry for the delay, your concern has been coordinated to the respective department. Kindly wait for the feedback of the relevant team who is handling your case. We appreciate your patience.
2018-10-16
Use props
Marlos2
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-16 10:25
Sorry for the delay, your concern has been coordinated to the respective department. Kindly wait for the feedback of the relevant team who is handling your case. We appreciate your patience.

Hi Diana, just for the record: Josh called me today and left a message on my cell phone. He said they're trying to coordinate some kind of collaboration with DJI's in Brazil and asked me to wait for a few more days before he returns to me again. I'll be waiting...

Thanks again,

Marlos
2018-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Marlos2 Posted at 2018-10-18 16:51
Hi Diana, just for the record: Josh called me today and left a message on my cell phone. He said they're trying to coordinate some kind of collaboration with DJI's in Brazil and asked me to wait for a few more days before he returns to me again. I'll be waiting...

Thanks again,

That's all right. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us. Hope we can figure this out soon.
2018-10-18
Use props
Marlos2
lvl.2
Brazil

Hi Diana, Hi Susan, I got a call from DJI where they said that a new unit has been shipped to me overseas. On one side, I'm glad to know that DJI is trying to find a solution for their previous mistake. On the other side I'm a bit worried because everything that is shipped to Brazil stops at the Customs and the importing duties are about 70% of the cost of the product. That's why, when I sent my defective Osmo Mobile from Brazil to DJI on the first time I've asked you to send it back not to me in Brazil, but to a friend of mine that was in Portland and would fly back to Brazil in a few days.

If you've consulted me before shipping it I might have tried to find out someone else in the US that was flying back to Brazil to avoid the Customs duties.

Anyway, trying to find out a way to avoid paying taxes again, I think that could be very useful to have an official document from DJI's saying that this unit is a warranty unit that's replacing a defective one.  Not sure if I'll be able to avoid the taxes at all but it might help.

The only way to avoid paying taxes here is if the imported product has a declared value of less than U$ 50.

Thanks again,

Marlos

2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Marlos2 Posted at 2018-10-25 06:55
Hi Diana, Hi Susan, I got a call from DJI where they said that a new unit has been shipped to me overseas. On one side, I'm glad to know that DJI is trying to find a solution for their previous mistake. On the other side I'm a bit worried because everything that is shipped to Brazil stops at the Customs and the importing duties are about 70% of the cost of the product. That's why, when I sent my defective Osmo Mobile from Brazil to DJI on the first time I've asked you to send it back not to me in Brazil, but to a friend of mine that was in Portland and would fly back to Brazil in a few weeks.

If you've consulted me before shipping it I might have tried to find out someone else in the US that was flying back to Brazil to avoid the Customs duties.

Hi Marlos, thanks for raising up this concern to us. We'll double check the info to our facility to confirm the shipping details of the replacement Osmo that was sent to you. We'll provide you feedback soon. Thanks for your cooperation.
2018-10-25
Use props
Marlos2
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 10-25 11:56
Hi Marlos, thanks for raising up this concern to us. We'll double check the info to our facility to confirm the shipping details of the replacement Osmo that was sent to you. We'll provide you feedback soon. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi Diana, I was away for some days, just got home and opened the box of the refurbished unit. I've just activated it and ran some tests. It looks like everything is working fine. I'll run some more tests during the next days but, as far as I can see, we've a problem solved here. I'll write again soon...

Thanks again,

Marlos
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Marlos2 Posted at 11-9 13:01
Hi Diana, I was away for some days, just got home and opened the box of the refurbished unit. I've just activated it and ran some tests. It looks like everything is working fine. I'll run some more tests during the next days but, as far as I can see, we've a problem solved here. I'll write again soon...

Thanks again,

No worries, Marlos. I'm glad you received the unit with no issues at all. I strongly recommend you to report it to our support team if you encounter any technical issues. We're here to help.
2018-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules