dolly zoom on moving objects?
945 14 2018-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Seymour Clouds
lvl.3
United States

does anyone have experience on getting a dolly zoom shot on a moving object (such as a wave).  I would like to see one if you do.  thanks!  
2018-10-11
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Here is a clip of a moving object - is this what you mean by a doley zoom?
2018-10-11
Use props
Seymour Clouds
lvl.3
United States

the m2z has a cool feature that mimics a camera on a dolly moving backwards while zooming forwards or in.  it has a very unique cinematic effect but most of the shots i've seen are of stationary objects.  
2018-10-11
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-10-11 05:12
Here is a clip of a moving object - is this what you mean by a doley zoom?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeR1YQco_ds

No, there is no dolly zoom in this video, dolly zoom is possible on moving objects, I tried it on an old video I had with post production, and it worked. I will have a look if o can find it.
2018-10-11
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

GhostWolf010 Posted at 2018-10-11 08:07
No, there is no dolly zoom in this video, dolly zoom is possible on moving objects, I tried it on an old video I had with post production, and it worked. I will have a look if o can find it.

i am curious now to know what a doly zoom is - i will check it out on yt
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for your inquiry. This scenario might be possible, however, it might be caused a problem, especially if the subject is moving fast and I'm afraid that the subject might be lost as well. Thank you for understanding.
2018-10-11
Use props
Seymour Clouds
lvl.3
United States

GhostWolf010 Posted at 2018-10-11 08:07
No, there is no dolly zoom in this video, dolly zoom is possible on moving objects, I tried it on an old video I had with post production, and it worked. I will have a look if o can find it.

yeah, i'd like to see that.  thanks!   so question;  you did this with a m2z?  i am wondering if the box you draw around the subject will move with the subject or if it is just to center the shot?  
2018-10-12
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Netherlands

Hi, sorry, did not have the time to look yet. I did it with the mavic pro, I flew towards the object, with the object in the centre. Then with editing I zoomed in, and then during the video slowly zoomed out. I hope I can look it up this afternoon
2018-10-12
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Netherlands

It is not well done, its just a try from an old video, so i dont have the oblect in the middle, and it is a bit far away, but you get the point.
2018-10-12
Use props
Seymour Clouds
lvl.3
United States

oh very cool.  most of the other vids i've seen were moving away from the object while zooming creating the background to move away from the center.  that's pretty interesting how that works inversely.  thanks for sharing the vid!  
2018-10-12
Use props
Seymour Clouds
lvl.3
United States

and it seems like you are gaining altitude which gives it another dimension.   this has sparked my creativity.  thanks!  
2018-10-12
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

No moving objects in this one I made some time ago, but plenty of Dolly Zoom/Vertigo Effect (same thing).

2018-10-12
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Netherlands

Seymour Clouds Posted at 2018-10-12 07:16
oh very cool.  most of the other vids i've seen were moving away from the object while zooming creating the background to move away from the center.  that's pretty interesting how that works inversely.  thanks for sharing the vid!

Glad you liked it, this was just small/kinda bad example. But I hope I inspired you for some nice footage, show it here if you made some, looking forward to it!
2018-10-12
Use props
Seymour Clouds
lvl.3
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-10-12 07:28
No moving objects in this one I made some time ago, but plenty of Dolly Zoom/Vertigo Effect (same thing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNLH-YN-RAw

i dig the transition with the drone shadow!
2018-10-12
Use props
Seymour Clouds
lvl.3
United States

GhostWolf010 Posted at 2018-10-12 07:47
Glad you liked it, this was just small/kinda bad example. But I hope I inspired you for some nice footage, show it here if you made some, looking forward to it!

will do.  i am fairly green still so there is lots of room for growth in my shots...
2018-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules