Intelligent Battery LED 2 and LED 3 solid after update failure
3159 7 2014-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rosascozalduond
New

Uruguay

Hello!
I've got 6 intelligent batteries for the Phantom 2, and succesfully updated 5 of them with the new firmware. One after trying to update, fails and LED 2 and LED 3 rested solid and if I connect with the software assistant, it displays an error: the battery installed is not intelligent.

If the firmware is corrupt? what can I do with it?

Regards,
Carlos

Foto 6-11-14 10 26 56.jpg
2014-11-6
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

Dear Rosascozalduond,

pls try to update the Battery firmaware in the software assistant again. Any questions, feel free to contact us.
2014-11-6
Use props
DJI-Bruce
lvl.2

China

Actually from the picture you post, the battery can be upgraded again when you plug into Phantom. This is deign proofed that when the battery fails during upgrade, you can try the process again to solve the problem. Please give it another try.
2014-11-7
Use props
lisbotb9
New

Australia

just happened to mine also. Tried several times to re-update without success
2014-11-7
Use props
aartsfjem
New

Netherlands

It that battery of an older version? Older verson batteries can not be upgraded with the new fw as I understood.
2014-11-7
Use props
spectator10
New

Germany

same happened to me. i had to run the upgrade process 4 times until it finally worked.
2014-11-8
Use props
jfftorsrud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9475 ft
United States

spectator10@gma Posted at 2014-11-8 18:13
same happened to me. i had to run the upgrade process 4 times until it finally worked.

The same thing happened to me.  Tried to re-install the firmware and Battery is now totally dead.

The DJI service center I returned the Battery to, UAV Direct, said the battery was more than 3 months old and was out of Warranty.  Horsecrap!  The battery was BRICKED because of the lousy Software DJI put out to upgrade the Firmware!  No longer a Warranty issue, their Software Destroyed my Battery, therefore they are responsible, and should replace the battery!

I am still waiting to hear from DJI Support!  But, as usual they remain silent!

Are there any DJI Employees on this Forum that are able to help and actually respond to customers directly to resolve these issues?
2014-11-8
Use props
vincentnggh
New

Singapore

HI guys

Thought I'd share my experience updating my DJI Intelligent batteries today, after reading much about it on these pages.
Mine is the original Phantom 2 with H32D gimbal and I have 4 batteries.

Here's what I did:
1. Downloaded and installed PT2 V3.6 software.
2. Started v3.6 Phantom Assistant software, then plugged in the usb cable to my P2.
3. Powered on my RC then my P2.
4. Went to the Upgrade page in the software by clicking the Upgrade button.
5. The Upgrade page showed there is an update for the P2 firmware to 3.08 and battery firmware to 2.6.0.0.
It showed that my battery #1 was of loader 1.4.0.0 and 1.6.0.0 firmware, so I decided not to upgrade the battery as the release notes stated that firmware 1.6.0.0 is not supported. I suppose this #1 battery is of an earlier batch which is not compatible with the new firmware.
6. Upgraded my P2 firmware to 3.08, software said upgrade successful and I power cycled. After power cycle, upgrade page did not show battery firmware update is available for #1 battery again. I am fine with it as I did not want to upgrade it anyway.
7. Powered down and repeated for #2 battery to upgrade battery firmware. Decided to proceed as upgrade page showed it was of loader 1.5.0.0 and firmware 2.0.0.0 before upgrade. After upgrade, power cycled and all was fine.
8. Repeated step 7 for #3 and #4 batteries. They were all of loader 1.5.0.0 and firmware 2.0.0.0 before upgrade. After upgrade, power cycled and all was fine too.
9. Recalibrated my control sticks and gimbal switch. All was fine too.

Learning points:
(1) Read the release notes before performing any upgrade.
(2) Check the Loader and battery firmware versions before performing the upgrade. I suspect incompatible loader and battery firmware are what bricked a lot of users' batteries.

Hope this info helps those who are not sure about the upgrade.

2014-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules