Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1e57cb15
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373681 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi,

Want to know if there is any settings that need to done to allow the Sony A7iii with a 28/f2 lense to do focus pulling? or it on has the function to do zooms?
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for the inquiry. Regarding your concern, you'll need to use the MCC-Multi cable to function the zoom. Please make sure that your Ronin-S firmware is updated to the latest version and you should have the version v1.01 to your camera. For reference, please see the attached image below. Should you have further question, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you.

2018-10-11
Use props
mikeholt
lvl.2

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-11 10:54
Hi there, thanks for the inquiry. Regarding your concern, you'll need to use the MCC-Multi cable to function the zoom. Please make sure that your Ronin-S firmware is updated to the latest version and you should have the version v1.01 to your camera. For reference, please see the attached image below. Should you have further question, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hello Natalia,

I don't think you answered the question from @Fans1e57cb15...

I have the same question... when can we expect to have the full FOCUS PULL function available with Sony cameras?

The ability to PULL FOCUS is an essential part of filming, your product deliberately created the impression this functionality was available with Sony cameras, which was why many of us bought it.

Please tell us when we can expect this essential function to be available...???
2018-10-11
Use props
fansf30112c1
lvl.1
United States

mikeholt Posted at 2018-10-11 11:59
Hello Natalia,

You can't, and won't be able to. Serves only as zoom, not focus. Huge Flaw in DJI's planning/executing
2018-10-11
Use props
gbearchan
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

fansf30112c1 Posted at 2018-10-11 15:22
You can't, and won't be able to. Serves only as zoom, not focus. Huge Flaw in DJI's planning/executing

It is actually possible, you are assuming the worse of DJI that they won't. As much as it is, I have bad feeling even they implement it, it might be very sluggish and then another outcry saying DJI sucks.

However Natalie when will  we able to use the DJI Focus Motor with Ronin S? cause you guys are really producing half bake products man.. an updates will please the users already.
2018-10-11
Use props
scarmack
lvl.1
United States

gbearchan Posted at 2018-10-11 16:42
It is actually possible, you are assuming the worse of DJI that they won't. As much as it is, I have bad feeling even they implement it, it might be very sluggish and then another outcry saying DJI sucks.

However Natalie when will  we able to use the DJI Focus Motor with Ronin S? cause you guys are really producing half bake products man.. an updates will please the users already.

Okay, if it's possible then what set up allows you to natively pull focus while using a Sony camera?

It's not assuming, when it's the truth.
2018-10-11
Use props
gbearchan
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

scarmack Posted at 2018-10-11 17:10
Okay, if it's possible then what set up allows you to natively pull focus while using a Sony camera?

It's not assuming, when it's the truth.

erm.. that is why I am asking... to some extend I am wondering why Zhiyun product can do that with canon and why not Ronin-s with Sony...

How do you know its absolute truth when you not the one producing Ronin S or Sony? its a question that I want to know from them if they have plans or moving forward...
2018-10-11
Use props
gbearchan
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

gbearchan Posted at 2018-10-11 17:29
erm.. that is why I am asking... to some extend I am wondering why Zhiyun product can do that with canon and why not Ronin-s with Sony...

How do you know its absolute truth when you not the one producing Ronin S or Sony? its a question that I want to know from them if they have plans or moving forward...

Anyway am not here to argue or whatsoever. I am more interested in finding out more what can be done and what can't be done. If you have any answer to it, I am more than happy to learn from you.
2018-10-11
Use props
hazz
lvl.2

Australia

yep the "focus wheel" that literally has a big DJI FOCUS on it doesn't actually focus ahahha, with these monkeys nothing would surprise me anymore
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mikeholt Posted at 2018-10-11 11:59
Hello Natalia,

Hi mikeholt, sorry that Natalia didn't reply all the questions posted by gbearchan, currently, Pull focus is still not available for Sony camera models, our engineers are working on developing more features, please note the future update, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

gbearchan Posted at 2018-10-11 16:42

Hi gbearchan, the previous DJI Focus Motor is compatible with Ronin-S, I will PM you the guideline for reference.
We will also release its own DJI Focus Motor Lite, but don't have the estimated release date yet, please note our online store.
2018-10-12
Use props
Morgan Gold
New
Canada

Just buy the new Nucleus Nano from Tilta. Same function, will mount the same way and it's a decent price.
2018-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules