lighting OTG cable..link required
826 7 2018-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeetley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123944 ft
United Kingdom

hi folks..my apologies if this has been done to death but a close friend of mine has bought his first DJI drone its a Mavic Air..and i shown him how to fit a mini ipad int the R/C
well that impressed the heck out of him but he needs a lightning to type c USB cable i think ?? if any of you guys could reply with some links they would be most appreciated.
looking to buy from the UK

thanks
Brian
2018-10-11
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tablet- ... gtKwz1lOhzFP45AHn4w

You need to be sure, what his device needs for a connector!

2018-10-11
Use props
Jeetley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-10-11 08:13
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tablet- ... gtKwz1lOhzFP45AHn4w

You need to be sure, what his device needs for a connector!

its mini ipad which is lightning to the mavic air r/c which i assume usb type c.
i.m still not up to speed with the difference between type c and micro usb

thanks
Brian
2018-10-11
Use props
Jeetley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

the frustrating think is i actually have the cable he needs but i do not know the correct terminology  for it.every time i do a search i simply come up with the wrong ones for what he needs. when i bought mine i was following a discussion on this forum and just picked one of the links, that was not long after the spark came out and there was a big song and dance about it was better to have an OTG cable for it.
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. I would like to ask what type of drone is he/she using because your thread is under Spark and if your friend is using a DJI Spark, sorry that the OTG cable is not yet optimized for Apple devices as of the moment. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-11
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

If you read all the offers for USB cable for flying a Mavic or a Spark, there is no option on the RCs side.
So just decide what the device needs, look at the original charging cable or tab in "device model" and "specs" in google, and get one otg cable for Mavic/Spark to the devices connector.
2018-10-11
Use props
Jeetley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-11 12:47
Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. I would like to ask what type of drone is he/she using because your thread is under Spark and if your friend is using a DJI Spark, sorry that the OTG cable is not yet optimized for Apple devices as of the moment. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for the support.

sorry ..my bad..its a mavic air..i posted on here because i have a spark and i always use this site
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jeetley Posted at 2018-10-12 08:31
sorry ..my bad..its a mavic air..i posted on here because i have a spark and i always use this site

Hi, Thanks for the clarification. If your friend is trying to use the USB port underneath of the RC of the Mavic Air then he/she could use the cable that he/she used to charge the mini iPad.
2018-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules