Pls Help - DJI service ignoring facts to void warranty and coverup
12Next >
3163 51 2018-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MBGphotography
lvl.2
United States

I have been going back and fourth with DJI customer service for a month and it is the most frustrating warranty claim experience I have ever had in my 30+ years. I have been extremely accomodating to all their request but they keep ignoring simple facts (like ocean tides are a real thing) that I ask them to review and looking for loopholes to not cover my drone while never addressing the actual issue. Spoke to multiple "managers" who just read me "understand your frustration" customer service scripts and refuse to explain what caused the crash or look at the clear cut facts and override poor assumptions made by their analysis team. 4 escalations later and I am still talking to jr reps hiding behind policies. I purchased a refurbished spark that clearly has a hardware/software issue, purchased in May and sent for evaluation beginning of September, well within coverage period. PLEASE HELP!  
CAS-2200343-T8Y3T5

Incident:
  • I booted up my drone for the first time in a month+ and had to install the latest update, geofencing, and take a safety quiz. It seemingly worked/let me take off, 17 GPS, all clear
  • I was on the beach in Montauk at low tide and wanted to take some shots of the reflections off the sand and backdrop (I do landscapes). Plan was to take a simple fly route along the beach. I took off, brought it up to 15-40 feet, flew it along the beach to within 30-50 feet of the water line (never took it over water for obvious reasons) - see flight map below
  • I recieved a gimball overload issue and decided to bring it in. I noticed it jerking around quite a bit with the wind, but I have flown in much stronger winds in iceland without that kind of irratic movement. I got a wind velocity warning, dropped it into sport and tried to fly it back
  • When I was about 20-30 feet away from Home point at around 14ft high I thought I saw a red status bar flash with what I thought was the word "motor ____" and suddenly the drone flipped over itself and crashed into some wet sand (low tide) but no physical damage
  • I immediately disconnected the battery, wiped it down with fresh water and dried the drone out for 2 days before rebooting.
  • My battery was dead (had juice but flashing irregularly etc) but I was able to get it to boot up with a spare.
  • Diagnostics read 2 issues - (1) the software update didnt take, and is failing to install at 99% every time (tried via phone and cable/pc) (2) error in motor 4 - ESC.no4 which implies a burnt out motor chip. The prop and the motor coils in #4 are perfectly intact without a scratch, no jammed or broken coils that could have caused this. I sent diagnostics on the software issue to DJI immediately (never heard back)

Customer Service experience:
  • They requested flight logs from the incident, phone model and software, and an explination - no problem, sent over all materials as soon as I got back to the US.
  • They concluded off the flight logs that the crash was caused by a "low altitude collision" and voided warranty - I disputed: The drone crashed from 14 feet, on a beach where you can see from the flight logs the nearest object (tree, building, etc.) was 1000+ yards away. Tallest object within hundreds of yards was a person, or 5ft tall beach umbrella. So what could have possibly caused a collision with the rear motor while it was travelling forward? and if there was a collision, why isnt there a single scratch on my props or motor?
  • Followed up for weeks with no responses. Requested a supervisor, never got a callback.
  • Finally called and waited to speak to a supervisor, Sunny E#521, who asked me for a live video of the incident. I explained I was not filming at the time of the crash (I only use it for photos) and it would be impossible for me to film the incident live with my phone which was plugged into the remote to navigate the drone (obviously)
  • Sunny said my warranty is void because I violated their "enviornmental policy agreement". I asked her to explain what that means and what caused my crash, which she could not do. No where in the spark manual is there any reference of this agreement, only to remain 30 feet from a body of water - which I did, and my crash was a hundred plus feet from the shore line (see below). I asked her to stop looking for loopholes and just investigate the cause of the crash or honor the warranty.
  • Then it escalated to a manager, Jason E#381 who said it was void becuase the flight diagnostics show "at some point of my flight I was 0.5m from the surface of water". I explained that I took off on land (obviously), the flight records clearly show since takeoff I was never below 12ft - 80ft high the entire time up until the crash, which occured at 12.8ft of altitude so their conclusions make no sense. Furthermore, I was never over the surface of water so how could he come up with that conclusion?
  • He hinted that the diagnostics team focused in on the google satellite photograph justaposed on my flight path. THE IMAGE WAS TAKEN AT HIGH TIDE! - the map version clearly shows the water line which I never crossed! At low tide which it was, this is clear as day. He refused to try to understand how tides impact where the shore is, and that their team's ASSUMPTION makes no sense unless I pulled a Jesus, walked on water, and launched a drone off the heavy surf. Even so what caused the crash 1.5 minutes later??
  • He would not explain what caused the crash, or why my software updates are failing at 99%. He brushed that off as a "unrelated issue". I see a strong correlation however between a burnt out chip and a software update error, how can they be ignorant to that fact.
  • They keep pointing to one google earth image at high tide as the basis to void warranty, refute any facts of the shoreline at low tide, and covering up what caused the incident.
  • He said there is no one further he can escalate to with common sense and this is a final conclusion. Its so obvious and I am going crazy here, please help!

I spoke to the DJI store in NY before sending it in who said my situation was rare, but they have heard of it happening before and said I should definitely send it in for warranty. I am 30 years old, and use the drone for photography travelling. I have had 60+ flights with no issues before this update and am very careful with the drone. Believe me, if I crashed it due to my own carelessness I would have bought the OEM parts for $20 and fixed it myself. I thought this would be a simple open and shut warranty claim... but 3+ hours of chasing customer service reps for feedback and I have gotten nowhere but frustration and a huge bill for more than the cost of a new refurb spark. I am blown away that they would give me such a hard time and ignore the facts instead of spending the $50 on a new esc motor and battery and honoring their warranty.

I have been a huge DJI advocate up until this and had at least 5-6 friends tell me they have bought DJI drones because of some of my photos on insta/fb (few pics attached). How could I trust DJI after this nightmare experience? I almost see no option but to post my experience on this and social media and hope no one makes the same mistake of trusting a refurbished DJI product.

Incident flight path

Incident flight path

Volcano

Volcano

Glaciers

Glaciers
2018-10-11
Use props
Rodger Norris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14639 ft
United States

2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Gene, I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience. I was able to review your case and confirm the result of data analysis based on the record you provided. We completely understand how you feel about the result and we are very sorry about this. We would like you to know that before coming to a conclusion, we made sure that our Data Analysis are fair enough about the result of investigation. The data analysis result was made by an independent technical team based on the flight data you’ve provided. We have reviewed your case and found that the result of the investigation is already final. Unfortunately, DJI cannot apply warranty service for this case that has no product malfunction found. You mentioned the drone accepted and installed the latest update when you booted it up first time in a month+ and only had an issue after the crash. This clearly define that any water damaged electronic product won't be stable anymore afterwards due to damage caused by the water. Once again, Sorry for the unfortunate experience and thank you so much for your understanding.
2018-10-11
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Wow! I truly had no idea the Spark was able to take photos that good. Hopefully DJI does something to help you out.
2018-10-11
Use props
MBGphotography
lvl.2

Diana, again your only basis is that a tech made a (wrong) decision. The fact that the update still doesn’t allow it to take past 99% but I for the green light to fly is in itself an issue. I didnt say it had an issue after the crash, the cause of the crash which you never address is the issue!!!
2018-10-11
Use props
MBGphotography
lvl.2

You are also clearly sensoring comments from other users! Stop covering up a software/hardware glitch and do your job and cover the warranty!
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MBGphotography Posted at 2018-10-11 12:34
You are also clearly sensoring comments from other users! Stop covering up a software/hardware glitch and do your job and cover the warranty!

Hi there, we are so sorry for the crash accident, your concern about the data analysis has been escalated to the appropriate team to check again, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-10-12
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-12 04:59
Hi there, we are so sorry for the crash accident, your concern about the data analysis has been escalated to the appropriate team to check again, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

Come on!!!!!   I know you want to help him Mindy, you are a good person......

Rpair/replace the guys drone. Make a customer for life here... Do the right thing. OP has a pretty solid point in regards to everything he rebutted from the findings that could leave a lot of doubt towards DJI's findings. I think in this case DJI needs to give the customer the benefit of the doubt here on what happened. I don't think helping him out is really going to break the bank and it's pretty obvious he didn't just do something negligent and refuses to own up to it for a free hook up.
2018-10-12
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

Ive had a horrible time with dji support myself. At this point i am done with dji told them to just send my drone back. I have a pretty big social media following and will be letting everyone know how bad my experience was.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-10-12 11:36
Ive had a horrible time with dji support myself. At this point i am done with dji told them to just send my drone back. I have a pretty big social media following and will be letting everyone know how bad my experience was.

Hi there, we have replied to your other post https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... orderby%3Dlastpost. I believe you already settled this with the higher team. Hope to hear good news about your case.
2018-10-12
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-10-12 11:36

"I have a pretty big social media following"

Don't be that guy, man. This is like the internet version of "You know who I am?"

You are not Casey Neistat or anyone else special. Just stick with the facts that DJI isnt belping you in the way you need.

2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hedsic Posted at 2018-10-12 05:53
Come on!!!!!   I know you want to help him Mindy, you are a good person......

Rpair/replace the guys drone. Make a customer for life here... Do the right thing. OP has a pretty solid point in regards to everything he rebutted from the findings that could leave a lot of doubt towards DJI's findings. I think in this case DJI needs to give the customer the benefit of the doubt here on what happened. I don't think helping him out is really going to break the bank and it's pretty obvious he didn't just do something negligent and refuses to own up to it for a free hook up.

Hi Hedsic, I will do my best to help, but we don't have much right to provide the warranty service here, what we can do is to escalate the case to the related team to double check, thanks for your understanding.
2018-10-13
Use props
MBGphotography
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-13 02:34
Hi Hedsic, I will do my best to help, but we don't have much right to provide the warranty service here, what we can do is to escalate the case to the related team to double check, thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for the support Hedsic and Mindy for looking into this. Got a call from DJI for further results this week. (we are now ~45 days into this process)

I am just amazed that no one at DJI customer service has "much right to provide the warranty service" after so many escalations.
Just seems kinda stupid that DJI would waste so much time and resources running all these double checks and diagnostics that keep coming out with the same inconclusive results as opposed to reviewing the facts I clearly laid out and chalking this one up to a rare error and one-off approval. Surely all the hours of resources spent trying to find loopholes to void my warranty have already way exceeded the company's cost to just repair or replace a refurbished spark.
2018-10-15
Use props
MBGphotography
lvl.2
United States

The funny thing is if you had just done the right thing up front I would have 100% been a DJI customer for life, as I always go back to a company who cares about their clients. I was looking at potentially upgrading to a 4k DJI model for a wedding I am shooting in a few months and getting my nephew an osmo for Christmas. For the ~$100 a replacement spark would cost the company you now easily lost $1000+ in revenues + headcount resources wasted to give me a hard time.  If I continue to get push back you can rest assured I will never touch the company again with a 10 foot pole and will share my experience with friends and clients. You already missed free exposure  from not having my drone back to me in time for my shoots in the UK countryside last month.

To Jimmy's point word of mouth and exposure from customers sharing good pictures bears a big weight to building a brand. This is ultimately a commoditized product where reputation and user reviews matter.
2018-10-15
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Yeah I still haven't heard anything from DJI..... it's like once you send your drone in you are at their mercy... it is insane I have absolutely no clue when I will get my mavic Pro back and all I did was just send it in for warranty. I have no words I'm so frustrated
2018-10-15
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-12 12:43
Hi there, we have replied to your other post https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=169047&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dlastpost%26orderby%3Dlastpost%26orderby%3Dlastpost. I believe you already settled this with the higher team. Hope to hear good news about your case.

I have not heard anything yet I did try to call today (monday) all support ever says is someone will call you back.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

MBGphotography Posted at 2018-10-15 09:23
Thanks for the support Hedsic and Mindy for looking into this. Got a call from DJI for further results this week. (we are now ~45 days into this process)

I am just amazed that no one at DJI customer service has "much right to provide the warranty service" after so many escalations.

Hi Gene, the relevant team tried to call you earlier but the call routed to your voicemail. May I know what is the best time for callback? Please keep your line open within the working hours (PST) for them to reach you and discuss about the case.
2018-10-15
Use props
MBGphotography
lvl.2
United States

I can speak now until 9:30pm EST, or after 5pm EST tomorrow.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

MBGphotography Posted at 2018-10-15 16:11
I can speak now until 9:30pm EST, or after 5pm EST tomorrow.

Thanks for the quick response, we will have someone contact you now. Appreciate your patience.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-10-15 15:40
I have not heard anything yet I did try to call today (monday) all support ever says is someone will call you back.

Hi Jimmy, we have replied to your own thread. Kindly check on it. https://forum.dji.com/thread-169047-1-1.html
2018-10-15
Use props
MBGphotography
lvl.2
United States

Diana, this is brutally painful customer service.
Ava called me (refused to give me her employee number, but called herself a manager).
Absolutely zero help.

Said her team concluded “I crashed into something over the sea”. Again I feel like a broken record here JUST LOOK AT THE FACTS ABOVE, IMPOSSIBLE. Yes there is salt water damage, it crashed on the beach at low tide, due to a malfunction. I violated no policies or spark manual suggestions.

Ana couldnt fathom how her team could make an error. She admitted she also had zero ability to authorize the warranty repair anyway and just read me “we understand your frustration” and “but its our tech team’s decision” scripts given to every outsourced customer service team.

I asked to speak to her boss, according to her she has none. No one who works at DJI could possibly resolve this conundrum.
Legally I can refute all your facts, do I really need to escalate this to the better business bureau or can you put me in touch with someone who can authorize this claim already.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MBGphotography Posted at 2018-10-15 16:43
Diana, this is brutally painful customer service.
Ava called me (refused to give me her employee number, but called herself a manager).
Absolutely zero help.

The resolution is based on the data analysis result by our analysis team, we will inform the higher team to contact you again about your doubts of the data analysis, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-10-16
Use props
MBGphotography
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-16 05:21
The resolution is based on the data analysis result by our analysis team, we will inform the higher team to contact you again about your doubts of the data analysis, please wait patiently, thank you.

1) it was not a resolution by any stretch, it resolved nothing
2) if your higher team is the "managers" hired to read me sorry scripts with zero authority to help, dont bother

Your team's analysis keeps concluding "I flew over the sea = VOID" which is based on salt water damage or photos of the beach at high tide. I ask you, PLEASE put me in touch with an actual senior person who can look at this flight map for 15 seconds and use the common sense necessary to override your very assumptive and inaccuratefindings.
2018-10-16
Use props
MBGphotography
lvl.2
United States

It could not be more simple:  
Tan = Sand
Blue = water
The yellow flight path was never over water = your analysis team's assumptions are clearly wrong.
2018-10-16
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Hedsic Posted at 2018-10-12 17:08
"I have a pretty big social media following"

Don't be that guy, man. This is like the internet version of "You know who I am?"

Hedic or whatever your name is. You got some big ones ill tell ya....You are a true hypocrite..... crying like a baby only a few months ago at how bad DJI sucked but now you just troll everybody on their service threads. Some of us are frustrated we didn't have a 4 day turnaround time like you headic!!! You should mind your business pal. And I will be that guy if I choose to be. Why you bringing Casey neistat's name up? Seriously? What? Get off his pipe..by the way are u support or something? Just wondering you are in the service threads a lot. If not butt out ..I have been very nice cordial and patient enough is enough. Thanks for your understanding headache .....sorry hedjit
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-10-16 17:59
Hedic or whatever your name is. You got some big ones ill tell ya....You are a true hypocrite..... crying like a baby only a few months ago at how bad DJI sucked but now you just troll everybody on their service threads. Some of us are frustrated we didn't have a 4 day turnaround time like you headic!!! You should mind your business pal. And I will be that guy if I choose to be. Why you bringing Casey neistat's name up? Seriously? What? Get off his pipe..by the way are u support or something? Just wondering you are in the service threads a lot. If not butt out ..I have been very nice cordial and patient enough is enough. Thanks for your understanding headache .....sorry hedjit

Hi Jimmy, I understand your concern and our repair center is double evaluating your drone, we will also keep an eye on it, but no need to argue here in the Forum, we sincerely hope your case will be sorted out soon.
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Hedsic
lvl.4

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-10-16 17:59
Hedic or whatever your name is. You got some big ones ill tell ya....You are a true hypocrite..... crying like a baby only a few months ago at how bad DJI sucked but now you just troll everybody on their service threads. Some of us are frustrated we didn't have a 4 day turnaround time like you headic!!! You should mind your business pal. And I will be that guy if I choose to be. Why you bringing Casey neistat's name up? Seriously? What? Get off his pipe..by the way are u support or something? Just wondering you are in the service threads a lot. If not butt out ..I have been very nice cordial and patient enough is enough. Thanks for your understanding headache .....sorry hedjit

Well.... that was just not very nice at all lol ....but you're not wrong... I apologize!

Just for the record though. I can't help it if a post I respond to gets moved to the service section by the mods later. Most (not all) of what I am posting on is what I see in the Mavic section and ends up finding it's way over here later.

2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MBGphotography Posted at 2018-10-16 12:38
It could not be more simple:  
Tan = Sand
Blue = water

We are reviewing your case again, could you please check my PM and export the whole flight records folder manually since the folder contains more data which would be helpful for further analysis. Thank you.
2018-10-17
Use props
MBGphotography
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-17 03:29
We are reviewing your case again, could you please check my PM and export the whole flight records folder manually since the folder contains more data which would be helpful for further analysis. Thank you.

Hi Mindy, just to be clear, you are asking for every flight log from when I first got the drone in May through the crash September 1st? Not sure why that would be helpful, but that's fine I am happy to do that, as long as you can put me in touch with a real manager/head after that can review the clear facts and authorize the repair or replacement. Just give me a day or two since I'm on the road currently.

Honestly it sounds like your team is just trying to find more loopholes to not cover my warranty vs acknowledging the issue that me and multiple other users have had immediately after updating the latest spark software release.

You will see that it was the only real flight from that day other than my pre-flight checks. The salt water damage is from the drone crashing in wet sand at the end of the flight log I sent. Sounds like you guys are calling me a liar and doubting wet sand can cause salt damage and assuming there is some flight log somewhere in the last 4 months of it flying out into the ocean. There isn't, because I never did. Again you are just wasting my time, and that of your analysis team - but if this is the final hurdle to convince you I would be happy to comply.
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

MBGphotography Posted at 2018-10-17 06:57
Hi Mindy, just to be clear, you are asking for every flight log from when I first got the drone in May through the crash September 1st? Not sure why that would be helpful, but that's fine I am happy to do that, as long as you can put me in touch with a real manager/head after that can review the clear facts and authorize the repair or replacement. Just give me a day or two since I'm on the road currently.

Honestly it sounds like your team is just trying to find more loopholes to not cover my warranty vs acknowledging the issue that me and multiple other users have had immediately after updating the latest spark software release.

Thanks for your cooperation, Gene. Please let us know once you've sent the data to Mindy so we can follow up to the relevant team.
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MBGphotography Posted at 2018-10-17 06:57
Hi Mindy, just to be clear, you are asking for every flight log from when I first got the drone in May through the crash September 1st? Not sure why that would be helpful, but that's fine I am happy to do that, as long as you can put me in touch with a real manager/head after that can review the clear facts and authorize the repair or replacement. Just give me a day or two since I'm on the road currently.

We have escalated your case to the HQ data analysis team, and I will keep following up, Yes, we need the whole flight records FOLDER since it contains more data which would be very helpful, I cannot ensure the warranty service will be provided, but we will do our best to make it clear of the accident, thank you.
2018-10-17
Use props
MBGphotography
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-17 21:11
We have escalated your case to the HQ data analysis team, and I will keep following up, Yes, we need the whole flight records FOLDER since it contains more data which would be very helpful, I cannot ensure the warranty service will be provided, but we will do our best to make it clear of the accident, thank you.

Hi Mindy, I extracted the folder but am not sure where to send it. Your dropbox link only had instructions but no reply address, can you please confirm where I should email the folder? I sent you a PM for this 2 days ago but have not heard back.

Also I received an email from your management/collections team 3 days ago threatening that I will receive my broken drone and a bill for 270$ for some reason in 4 days. Why they would send me back a broken drone and a bill for more than the cost of another refurb drone makes no sense and seems poorly coordinated but can you please take care of this until the folder is evaluated?  
2018-10-20
Use props
MBGphotography
lvl.2
United States

See attached. I sent Ava a message explaining that we are still
looking into this case with you, but have not heard back. It seems like your “management” team is more like your collections agency
51E578D8-1B9A-4DE2-80AD-B439BB776A7C.jpeg
2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MBGphotography Posted at 2018-10-20 14:34
See attached. I sent Ava a message explaining that we are still
looking into this case with you, but have not heard back. It seems like your “management” team is more like your collections agency

Sorry for my late response since I was day off in the past two days, once you export the folder, please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, thank you.
2018-10-20
Use props
MBGphotography
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-20 22:31
Sorry for my late response since I was day off in the past two days, once you export the folder, please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, thank you.

No worries, I just sent you a PM with the dropbox link to my full flight records folder.

Hopefully that helps them figure out what happened to the drone. Thanks for your help Mindy!
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MBGphotography Posted at 2018-10-22 17:16
No worries, I just sent you a PM with the dropbox link to my full flight records folder.

Hopefully that helps them figure out what happened to the drone. Thanks for your help Mindy!

Really appreciate your assistance to export the flight records folder, I will keep you updated once there is any update, thanks for your patience.
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi MBGphotography, the HQ data analysis team has re-analyzed the logs and sorry to tell you the result remains the non-warranty.
According to the flight logs, the drone did impact something at the end since the accelerometer data changed suddenly. The downward sensing system detected the height to the ground was 0.5m, which means the drone was too close to the ground, you were flying in the Sports, the speed was too fast to avoid the obstacles.
We cannot tell what object it impacted, but the data shows it crashed, we are so sorry for this situation.
2018-10-23
Use props
MBGphotography
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-23 04:56
Hi MBGphotography, the HQ data analysis team has re-analyzed the logs and sorry to tell you the result remains the non-warranty.
According to the flight logs, the drone did impact something at the end since the accelerometer data changed suddenly. The downward sensing system detected the height to the ground was 0.5m, which means the drone was too close to the ground, you were flying in the Sports, the speed was too fast to avoid the obstacles.
We cannot tell what object it impacted, but the data shows it crashed, we are so sorry for this situation.

Hi Mindy, this is extremely frustrating. I feel like I am getting scammed out of warranty - I ran analysis on the flight logs last night and none of your reasons for voiding my warranty make any sense:
None of their points address (1) why my software fails at 99%, (2) what caused the engine 4 chip failure, (3) what caused the crash.

The only thing it impacted was the ground, hence why they say the accelerator changed suddenly. What your team never explains is what caused it to fail and drop mid air from 12ft to <0.5m instantaneously.

Despite being in sport, the flight logs clearly show the last 25 seconds before crash I was never going faster than 4.4mph, with an average of <1mph, so clearly speed or carelessness like they claim played no factor.

Like I said numerous times there were no possible obstacles higher than 5ft within 1000 yards of the drone as seen on the flight logs, so again they claim that I hit an invisible wall. Common sense, flight logs, and logic all support this.

I complied with all your requests, I sent you clear files that back all my claims with data, and your team's points are based on assumptions that are physically inaccurate or impossible. Is there another team or someone on your PR side that can help? I just cant believe you make your customers jump through all this hoops and get no benefit of the doubt when your team has an inconclusive set of results.
2018-10-23
Use props
MBGphotography
lvl.2
United States

Anything you can do to help me out Mindy? The logs clearly show there was no foul play on my end, Is there anyone that can review this and just admit it is inconclusive where the issue was and give me the benefit of the doubt? Or at least fix the software issues and send me back my drone and the chips I need to fix it myself?

There is clearly some link between the software not downloading properly and the invisible wall that caused the crash. We are talking about either $30 of parts or DJI's cheapest model, refurbished at that, the fact that they would loose a lifelong customer that would likely spend over 1k in the long run is a bit crazy no? I'll just take this as a life lesson to never trust the warranty promises of a Chinese company, whether they have offices in the US or not.
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MBGphotography Posted at 2018-10-23 11:29
Hi Mindy, this is extremely frustrating. I feel like I am getting scammed out of warranty - I ran analysis on the flight logs last night and none of your reasons for voiding my warranty make any sense:
None of their points address (1) why my software fails at 99%, (2) what caused the engine 4 chip failure, (3) what caused the crash.

Sir, I understand your situation, and very sorry for the inconvenience. Just as Mindy mentioned, all data has been reviewed by the HQ Data Analysis Team again, we do not find any malfunction from the flight records/flight data. For your concerns, please kindly find it below:
1). The firmware update will not cause the crash directly. If the firmware fails at 99%, you may wait for a certain time to check in About page. Alternatively, you may restart all devices and refresh to confirm. If the firmware persist fails, it is not recommended to fly anymore.
2). For the engine 4 chip and fall from 12ft to 0.5m, the performance cannot be ensured after the crash, please kindly note and understand.
3). The drone was flying at Sports mode, and close to the ground. Then the accelerometer changed suddenly, which means the drone crashed.
Also, I'll attach the screenshot for your reference. The height on the top is the relative height as the take-off point will be recorded as 0m. The height of the bottom(0.5m) is detected by the sensors as the drone was closing to the obstacle at that time. Hope this clears your doubts.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience during the communication. We'll keep learn and improve our service in the future. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
0346.png
2018-10-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules