Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro & Samsung Note 9
9064 18 2018-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Insyder3
lvl.1

I know others are having issues with Samsung products and DJI products connecting properly.  My question to DJI is this; Are there software updates in the works and is there a timline for a fix for these issues?  I use my drone as part of my business and cannot afford to have it down for a long period of time.  Any feedback on this issue would be appreciated.

2018-10-11
Use props
djiuser_C37LpwAE7pnM
Flight distance : 436542 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

What issues you have. Until now it worked well, only with the current update I have troubles.
2018-10-11
Use props
Insyder3
lvl.1

djiuser_C37LpwAE7pnM Posted at 2018-10-11 10:55
What issues you have. Until now it worked well, only with the current update I have troubles.

The RC will not connect with the Note 9.  I have reinstalled the app and tried several USB cord configurations.  Ive had no luck.
2018-10-11
Use props
Insyder3
lvl.1

Insyder3 Posted at 2018-10-11 10:57
The RC will not connect with the Note 9.  I have reinstalled the app and tried several USB cord configurations.  Ive had no luck.

The firmware is up to date as far as i can tell also
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. Sorry for the troubles that it caused. Unfortunately, Samsung Note 9 is not yet compatible with our DJI GO 4 app that may cause connectivity issue, however, I would recommend using the other USB port which is located underneath of your RC. Please remove the other cable that is connected on the left side to see if the app will communicate with the RC. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-10-11
Use props
Insyder3
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-11 11:10
Hi. Sorry for the troubles that it caused. Unfortunately, Samsung Note 9 is not yet compatible with our DJI GO 4 app that may cause connectivity issue, however, I would recommend using the other USB port which is located underneath of your RC. Please remove the other cable that is connected on the left side to see if the app will communicate with the RC. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

Tony, Thanks for the reply.  I tried connecting as you suggested but that was not successful either.  Any other suggestions?
2018-10-11
Use props
Insyder3
lvl.1

Insyder3 Posted at 2018-10-11 11:32
Tony, Thanks for the reply.  I tried connecting as you suggested but that was not successful either.  Any other suggestions?

Update:  i tried a different cord in the usb slot and it connected.   I have not tried to fly yet as the weather is not acceptable at the moment.   I will update again ASAP.
2018-10-11
Use props
MagicRide
First Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

My note 8 works fine however it eats the battery life from the RC like crazy. The lower usb does help a bit.
2018-10-11
Use props
Flyin Slow
lvl.1
United States

I have a Galaxy S8 active. Everything has worked great until the update on the 9th of October. I traveled to Tampa last night, started everything up for a shoot, and could not connect. Talked to DJI support, and was told there was nothing that could be done, other than buy a new phone. I’m a little disgusted by the response, and irritated to have traveled across the country for a shoot, only to learn that I may not be able to complete the mission because of an automatic update.
2018-10-11
Use props
djiuser_C37LpwAE7pnM
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Just checked the connection between Note 9, the control station and the drone: No issues until now. Didn't flow, as it is midnight but will test it tomorrow. Not fully perfect with the USB port is: It allways goes in the mode of charging the Note (sometimes charging the control station). Normal, from my understanding would be, USB Data Transfer mode. I can change it, but it will change back allways in one or the other charging mode :-(.
The Mavic 2 Pro runs now the version from yesterday, Oct. 11, 2018 and the Note has Android 8.1.0, Samsung ExpVersion 9.5, the date of the Kernel is Fri Sept., 14, Security Patch Sept. 1, 2018. The system language is German.
2018-10-11
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

I'm surprised you're having issues with your Note 9. I use the Samsung Galaxy S7, it's the last generation of Galaxy's to have the physical home button. Are you unable to revert to a clear screen during while flying in DJI GO 4? I think b/c there is only a virtual home button that this causes issues because you cannot press the physical home button?
2018-10-11
Use props
Insyder3
lvl.1

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-10-11 14:09
I'm surprised you're having issues with your Note 9. I use the Samsung Galaxy S7, it's the last generation of Galaxy's to have the physical home button. Are you unable to revert to a clear screen during while flying in DJI GO 4? I think b/c there is only a virtual home button that this causes issues because you cannot press the physical home button?

No. I had an S 8+ but no issues.  Switched to the Note 9.  If connect to the RC using the side cord and intended holders the app and controller do not connect.  If i use the usb port it will connect but i have not had opportunity to test fly it like that yet.
2018-10-11
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>

Insyder3 Posted at 2018-10-11 14:33
No. I had an S 8+ but no issues.  Switched to the Note 9.  If connect to the RC using the side cord and intended holders the app and controller do not connect.  If i use the usb port it will connect but i have not had opportunity to test fly it like that yet.

It seems like the Mavic Pro controller was built around the Samsung S7. It just fits and looks too good.
2018-10-11
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-10-11 18:59
It seems like the Mavic Pro controller was built around the Samsung S7. It just fits and looks too good.[view_image]

Lol. Nice try.

I thought that it was actually built around an iPad Mini-4 as most people who use one report how well it runs DJI-Go4 and fits into the arms . Never seem to hear hear complaints from the users of this device.

I don't have one BTW (use a Lenovo Tab3-8Plus, it works great) but only because I can't stand Apple devices
2018-10-11
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Boffin Posted at 2018-10-11 21:32
Lol. Nice try.

I thought that it was actually built around an iPad Mini-4 as most people who use one report how well it runs DJI-Go4 and fits into the arms  . Never seem to hear hear complaints from the users of this device.

It could be, the box for Mavic Pro says made for iOS.

My Samsung S7 runs DJI GO 4 really well, it has 4GB RAM plus Super-Amoled bright screen which is helpful when flying in bright conditions.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Insyder3 Posted at 2018-10-11 11:32

Hi there, that's good to hear that you were able to connect it successfully. Please let us know if you need further help, we're here to help. Thanks for your support.
2018-10-13
Use props
RoboBobo
Bosnia and Herzegovina

@Insyder3: No problems with Note9. I tested the drone in several modes and it worked fine. Two things I noted:

• The GO4 App has some troubles with the size of the screen and runs always in full screen mode. From time to time, when I change some within the settings on the left side of the App, it can happen that the Note9 change to the home screen. But as normal with Android, the app runs in the background without any problem; at least until now.
  • The second challenge are the USB settings still. The Note9 - USB-Settings moves always to the charging mode. Once it's the Note9 which gets charged from the controller, or the opposite.

To all: I'm not sure if this is a problem from the Note9, from Android, the controller, the app or do I have wrong settings somewhere. Any ideas what the problem could be? How is the USB connection on a S8 or S7? Also in the charging mode? Would be great to get feedback from other Samsung / Android users.
2018-10-13
Use props
Viper Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 31644 ft

RoboBobo Posted at 2018-10-13 05:16
@Insyder3: No problems with Note9. I tested the drone in several modes and it worked fine. Two things I noted:

I am using the S9+ with all the latest F/W and it works perfectly. It does appear the R/C is charging the S9+ at a low level.  Over all I have no issues.
2018-10-15
Use props
Jaeho Kang
New
United States

• My note 9 has no connection problem, but It has no charging mode ; its continuosly  charging phone from RC and In camera mode no A and and T mode appeared.  DJI says Note 9 is not compatible with Mavic pro ans zoom. No way to solve this problems ?

2019-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules