921 12 2018-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_5JIpUhr2oUur
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25036 ft
United States

Hi all, I will simplify as best I can.

I have a Mavic Pro that on startup is always out of focus. I've only flown my drone roughly 3 hours. The blurry camera limits me from doing anything. After several calls with customer support, and firmware updates requested by customer support. The unit still has blurry camera issues. I figured out that everytime I recalibrate the drone, the camera is in focus. But once I store away, and take it out again to fly, the camera is not in focus. So this led me to send in for an assesment.
The response was: "we found that the unit has physical impact damage, unfortunately the damage that is not caused by product malfunction is non- warranty-" and the charge was $253.00!!

There was and is no way that I crashed the drone. So I called up customer service to explain that there couldn't have been impact damage. They quickly said they will file a dispute, and will hear back 24-48 hours with a response. Well, I had to wait 4 days to find out why I haven't heard back. I called up and the customer service agent, explained that he too was going to file a dispute and I will hear back 24-48 hours. Nope, still haven't heard back with an explanation. This has been going on for 2 weeks!!!! No response why the drone was assesed with PHYSICAL DAMAGE. I don't get it, why am I not getting answers?? The unit has always had focus issues.

In the end, in order to get my drone back, I paid the $253.00 charge, under one condition. That I can still dispute the charge. And guess what?...NO ANSWER and NO RESPONSE from the customer support team. Basically I sent in my drone, to fix and issue that came with the drone, only to have it assesed with PHYSICAL DAMAGE, and charged $253.00 to have it fixed and sent back. What type of people do you have working there?? I don't get it. ZERO EXPLANATION!!

This has to be the worst customer service I've ever had.

Oh, and I have photos of the drone before I sent it in. Because I heard that other users had the same problem.
2018-10-11
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

What can I say, though luck with the support
In my case they also only offered me 15%, when I see them easily offering others 50%!!!

Fly safely
Alex
2018-10-11
Use props
djiuser_5JIpUhr2oUur
lvl.1
United States

They're sneaky. It's not a way to operate a business.

Thanks for replying
2018-10-11
Use props
djiuser_5JIpUhr2oUur
lvl.1
United States

DJI please answer

The drone that you were suppose to repair is a different drone, that is nothing like the one I had!!!! WTF!!! You were supposed to repair it, not give me a recon drone, that's not the same!!!

The nightmare continues....
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our support team, I managed to get the case number via your Forum account, upon checking the case, the drone has the physical damages, if you don't mind, I will post the picture here.
For the drone that you received with a different serial number, we have explained in the quotation email that we'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability, please check the screenshot below.
Could you please test the drone to see if everything works great?
GTScreenshot_20181012_104730.png

For the frustration with our support team, we will forward to the management department for investigation, we sincerely apologize again for the unpleasant experience.

2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Alex B. Posted at 2018-10-11 15:05
What can I say, though luck with the support
In my case they also only offered me 15%, when I see them easily offering others 50%!!!

Hi Alex, sorry for your loss, I managed to get your case number, the accident was caused by the high wind during the RTH, the flight records clearly show the drone was affected by the wind and there was also the high wind warning in the APP, pilot should select the proper environment to fly the drone, therefore, we could only provide 15% off discount, appreciate your understanding.
2018-10-11
Use props
djiuser_5JIpUhr2oUur
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-11 18:49
Hi there, we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our support team, I managed to get the case number via your Forum account, upon checking the case, the drone has the physical damages, if you don't mind, I will post the picture here.
For the drone that you received with a different serial number, we have explained in the quotation email that we'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability, please check the screenshot below.
Could you please test the drone to see if everything works great?

Hi Mindy,
Please do attach the images of the Damaged drone. I do have photos right before I sent it to service, so I will see if it was either damaged in transit or not.

Secondly, from the first flight, the Camera has be out of focus. The only way I was able to fly in focus, was to recalibrate etc etc. Which can take 10 minutes each time. So for the "Assesment" team to say that phyiscal damaged caused the problem, of a out-of-focused camera, is 100% incorrect.

After 2 weeks of calling to find answers, and being told to wait 24-48 hours, and still not getting an answer, yes, will get me frustrated.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_5JIpUhr2oUur Posted at 2018-10-12 03:23
Hi Mindy,
Please do attach the images of the Damaged drone. I do have photos right before I sent it to service, so I will see if it was either damaged in transit or not.

Thanks for getting back, please check the damage assessment pictures below.1. Gimbal arm damaged.
GTScreenshot_20181012_203302.png
2. Motor damaged.
GTScreenshot_20181012_203313.png
Your concern about the evaluation and the unpleasant experience with the support team have been escalated, we will have someone to contact you for further communication, thanks for your patience.
2018-10-12
Use props
djiuser_5JIpUhr2oUur
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-12 04:39
Thanks for getting back, please check the damage assessment pictures below.1. Gimbal arm damaged.
[view_image]
2. Motor damaged.

Can you confirm that was the Drone I sent in? I would like to see the Serial number to that drone.
Because those images you sent, are not my drone.

thank you
2018-10-12
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Looks like OP just got called out.... DJI only seems to be "EVIL AND HORRIBLE" when people don't get their way. Always seems a little too convenient.
2018-10-12
Use props
djiuser_5JIpUhr2oUur
lvl.1
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-10-12 05:48
Looks like OP just got called out.... DJI only seems to be "EVIL AND HORRIBLE" when people don't get their way. Always seems a little too convenient.

I don't think DJI is "Evil and Horrible". not sure who you're quoting.
2018-10-12
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

djiuser_5JIpUhr2oUur Posted at 2018-10-12 05:56
I don't think DJI is "Evil and Horrible". not sure who you're quoting.

Touché!!!!!!!
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_5JIpUhr2oUur Posted at 2018-10-12 05:38
Can you confirm that was the Drone I sent in? I would like to see the Serial number to that drone.
Because those images you sent, are not my drone.

Rich, I sent you a PM for the image of the Serial Number of the drone you sent in. You may check it once you're available.
2018-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules