Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin S | Sony A7R3 | Iso, shutter, aperture
6452 14 2018-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf30112c1
lvl.1
United States

Can you control your camera settings from the Gimbal itself? If so how, I don't see any indications at how this can be done and it's extremely disapointing that you can't adjust your camera settings on the fly, but yet have to stop what your doing touch your camera ever so gentle and then get back to shooting. Crane 2 you can adjust all your settings right from the hand dial.
2018-10-11
Use props
hazz
lvl.1

Australia

No, you pretty much can't do anything its closer to a wooden stick that any type of professional equipment
2018-10-11
Use props
scarmack
lvl.1
United States

That's not even remotely what I asked?
2018-10-12
Use props
scarmack
lvl.1
United States

That's absolutely insane!

DJI, do you guys not have anyone that actually works in the field that you could get actually helpful insight??? How do you expect using a Gimbal at a wedding, which is a hectic day to begin with, running and gunning, and now you can't even change your camera settings without touching your cameras? Do you guys not understand lighting situations change frequently?

With that being said, I will be selling my Ronins S if anyone is interested.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

scarmack Posted at 2018-10-12 04:14
That's absolutely insane!

DJI, do you guys not have anyone that actually works in the field that you could get actually helpful insight??? How do you expect using a Gimbal at a wedding, which is a hectic day to begin with, running and gunning, and now you can't even change your camera settings without touching your cameras? Do you guys not understand lighting situations change frequently?

The Ronin-S empowers creators to shoot with the freedom of stabilized shots on the move, it is a stabilizer, the APP allows us to set up and fine-tune gimbal performance with settings for features like SmoothTrack, motor parameters, and various intelligent functions, but we are unable to set the camera settings remotely currently, appreciate your understanding.
2018-10-12
Use props
scarmack
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-12 04:24
The Ronin-S empowers creators to shoot with the freedom of stabilized shots on the move, it is a stabilizer, the app allows you to set up and fine-tune gimbal performance with settings for features like SmoothTrack, motor parameters, and various intelligent functions, but we are unable to set the camera settings remotely, appreciate your understanding.

I don't understand as Zhyiun allows you to make these changes right on the dial wheel and you can adjust every camera setting, shutter speed, aperture, iso, and even exposure compensation.

With that being said, I will no longer support DJI, as they put zero to little effort into making products for ACTUAL film makers. If this were true, you'd realize how important these settings are to have.

Thank you for the response, but you lost a customer.
2018-10-12
Use props
Aleksey F
lvl.1

Poland

2 cents here. When I shoot video then I'm opting for an aperture priority mode (A) with auto iso -- in this case a shutter speed is 1/60 and iso floats depending on the lighting conditions, aperture I prefer to be wide open all the time. In this case, there is no need to touch a camera if I'm filming only, photos are completely different story though...

Could you please elaborate little bit more on your technique? In which mode are you filming? Why aforementioned A-mode with auto iso wouldn't work?
2018-10-12
Use props
scarmack
lvl.1
United States

Aleksey F Posted at 2018-10-12 04:34
2 cents here. When I shoot video then I'm opting for an aperture priority mode (A) with auto iso -- in this case a shutter speed is 1/60 and iso floats depending on the lighting conditions, aperture I prefer to be wide open all the time. In this case, there is no need to touch a camera if I'm filming only, photos are completely different story though...

Could you please elaborate little bit more on your technique? In which mode are you filming? Why aforementioned A-mode with auto iso wouldn't work?

I prefer to control all my settings manually as I don't like an random fluctuations that can ruin a shot based on what the camera thinks is best. Not knocking your technique or even the camera companies, but my eye is the best judge as to how the scene should be exposed.

Any priority takes in account the subject, surrounding area, and adjusts to what it thinks is correct, while you can control the overall look with compensation, it's too many what if's for my liking.

Setting it to manually, insures me I am getting the exact desired look I want. With the Zhiyun Crane 2 I can adjust all my settings right on the thumb dial, so if I need to randomly spike my iso, it's right there.

Appreciate the response though.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

scarmack Posted at 2018-10-12 04:27
I don't understand as Zhyiun allows you to make these changes right on the dial wheel and you can adjust every camera setting, shutter speed, aperture, iso, and even exposure compensation.

With that being said, I will no longer support DJI, as they put zero to little effort into making products for ACTUAL film makers. If this were true, you'd realize how important these settings are to have.

Sorry that our product doesn't meet your expectation, your need will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration in the future development, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-10-13
Use props
aflight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459367 ft
United Kingdom

I agree with Scarmack, you will benefit from manual video controls. WB / ISO and Shutter locked down and you camera craft to control what is in your control.

On the issue of DJI's lack of camera control I am so surprised there hasn't been any legal action against them. All the intelligent features are useless for most scenarios if the gimbal doesn't know what the camera is exposing for and how long. and a delay doesn't solve this as its very unpredictable. I like to shoot panoramas on the ground and without proper camera control options bracketing or long exposures are very difficult to achieve with the current set of options. If you look at DJI and how they go about things [url]https://forum.dji.com/thread-152526-2-1.html [/url] expect and prepare for the worst and you won't be too disappointed.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-152526-2-1.html

Look at the notice in this image- a joke! All displayed parameters can be controlled (except for extremely high iso) only if permissible by the camera. Please refer to your camera's instructions if you want full control. Ah so were all idiots! you just need to refer to your instruction to get full control! DJI are happy to launch a product and treat us all like beta testers and then expect us to just roll over when they discount it and 9 months later 0 camera control! Made in China > Designed in China = not fit for real world cinema productions.

9 months later after its launch and 2 FW / App updates we can control the speed of focus!

Having said all that, if your only looking to support your camera only it does a great job.
2019-3-20
Use props
sky_makai
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

Worst reply ever.  Has nothing to do with the question.
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sky_makai Posted at 3-21 07:43
Worst reply ever.  Has nothing to do with the question.

Yes, that is so wrong, sorry that I forgot to delete the previous post, I will delete it and update again.
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, we are always working on improving our products to make you have a better experience. Adjusting the camera settings is available in Panasonic GH5/GH5S currently but not the Sony, if there is any update, we will announce it via the firmware release notes, appreciate your support to DJI.
2019-3-22
Use props
Artemidis
lvl.1

This is the number one feature I'm missing on the Ronin-S! Please add this feature for all cameras. If you are filming with manual settings (which most of us do) there is no chance to compensate the exposure without reaching to the camera and ruining the shot. I just need the option to change the ISO with the focus wheel. This would be such a great feature!
2019-9-11
Use props
Seifenigel
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-3-22 00:27
Hi all, we are always working on improving our products to make you have a better experience. Adjusting the camera settings is available in Panasonic GH5/GH5S currently but not the Sony, if there is any update, we will announce it via the firmware release notes, appreciate your support to DJI.

How are the GH5 Videosettings controllable via the app? Right now, the app only seems to support the Settings (Shutterspeed / Apperature / ISO) when in a Photo Mode (M S P A) but not in Manual Video Mode. Its simply grey out.

While you can switch to photo mode and start recording videos, but this does allways use auto exposure which is not acceptable at all.
2020-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules