Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air Landing By Itself
2846 17 2018-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kd_sudarwika
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1609678 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

FW Version 1.00.0500
no CSC command, cinematic flight mode. battery 80% plus.
This is the video:

here is a flight data

About a year ago, I was asked by someone who said that the Mavic Pro 1st Gen drone, they crashed near my house.
they asked me to look from above using my phantom 3 adv. I searched for it for a few days but never saw it. as an illustration, the drone fell in a deep gorge and there was no access to it.
they told me that the drone landed on its own, when it only flew 2 minutes. without any cause. I was a little hesitant about their words at the time, I thought that was only part of the "pilot error"

and on this day it happened to my mavic air​here is​​​. I can't believe this. less than 2 meters, there is no reflective object at the bottom, the distance of the remote controller with drones is less than 30 meters, there is no warning whatsoever.

suddenly, the yellow flashing light, disconnected read on my cellphone, it landed on its own.
luckily it landed in a safe place, how about when I flew it in an extreme place and this happened?

what is this problem? before I used phantom 3 std and phantom 3 adv never found a problem as serious as this. this is very disturbing.

2018-10-11
Use props
kd_sudarwika
lvl.1
  • >>>
Indonesia

there are some problems that I experienced with this mavic air:
- a maximum range of 200 meters, it can never fly beyond 200m, when in more than 160m video tasmisi will jam, freeze, or just look dark. I have tried linking several times but it didn't work. I tried in various open places when I was at 160m more just got a "strong interference" message
actually I don't mind rage, considering this is just a selfie drone

- When performing a playback (yawing) video recording will be broken, this only happens when recording with 30fps. I use internal storage or microscd (high speed) problems will always be the same.

- several times failed or rth delay, this object still hovering

- This serious problem. landing by its own.

does anyone experience the same thing? is there a further solution...
2018-10-11
Use props
Packer Backer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240948 ft
United States

Your youtube vid is private .. :/
2018-10-11
Use props
kd_sudarwika
lvl.1
  • >>>
Indonesia

Packer Backer Posted at 2018-10-11 17:38
Your youtube vid is private .. :/

You can open it again, the upload process has finished
2018-10-11
Use props
kd_sudarwika
lvl.1
  • >>>
Indonesia

kd_sudarwika Posted at 2018-10-11 17:31
there are some problems that I experienced with this mavic air:
- a maximum range of 200 meters, it can never fly beyond 200m, when in more than 160m video tasmisi will jam, freeze, or just look dark. I have tried linking several times but it didn't work. I tried in various open places when I was at 160m more just got a "strong interference" message
actually I don't mind rage, considering this is just a selfie drone

update flight data:
hard to found this file since switch to mavic air

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... EX/view?usp=sharing
2018-10-11
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

kd_sudarwika Posted at 2018-10-11 19:04
update flight data:
hard to found this file since switch to mavic air

Hi kd_sudarwika,

Nice area for a drone flight, looks great.

Mayby your drone lost connection because it was not LOS with the controller?
Flying low with lot of obstacles/reflection can be risky for loosing connection.
I do not see any error in your log data.

If the drone is between 5 and 20 meters away from the HP it should fly back to your homepoint.
Your disconnect at 19 meters, drone should raise to 2.5 meters (if drone < 2.5 meters if will raise to 2.5 mtr) and fly back.
But only as RTH at current home is enabled in the GoApp menu.
If you have RTH at current altitude disabled and your AC is within a 20m radius it will land where it is.
So do check this setting and if its off than your drone did exactly what it should do at a disconnect.

if this disconnect had happend earlier (> 20 meters away HP) it raises height to the RTH height value, in your case 120 meters!

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2018-10-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Your drone lost connection and landed, this is correct procedure when flying within 20m of homepoint.
2018-10-12
Use props
kd_sudarwika
lvl.1
  • >>>
Indonesia

JJBspark Posted at 2018-10-11 23:52
Hi kd_sudarwika,

Nice area for a drone flight, looks great.

thank you very much for replying this post, JJB

first, this aircraft does not lose connection. and I aimed the antenna right at the aircraft, btw when the connection loss will still record video, isn't it? in this case the video stops recording.

second, this aircraft landed on its own. I mean not landing smoothly. this landed fast enough I checked the flight record, the flight record stopped right away.

third I'm a little confused, this is my first time using the Mavic variant, before I never found this in the Phantom 3 series, will this aircraft land within 20m in cinematic mode? I'm sorry I'm a little confused, maybe because of language differences, I don't speak English well.

tahnk you
2018-10-12
Use props
kd_sudarwika
lvl.1
  • >>>
Indonesia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-12 00:19
Your drone lost connection and landed, this is correct procedure when flying within 20m of homepoint.

thank you very much for the input

however, this aircraft landed at a place which was not a home point. does it make sense to lose bad luck from 20 meters? will video recordings also stop during rth / landing?

okay let's say we're taking a video on a cliff on a mountain, if the same thing happens, this drone lands on a cliff, which is 20m from the cellphone, is that normal.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, could you connect the aircraft with DJI Assistant 2 and export the corresponding Flight Records,&Sensing, Navigation, Gimbal, Camera and System log? We'd like to forward to our engineers to check the exact status, thanks so much!
2018-10-12
Use props
kd_sudarwika
lvl.1
  • >>>
Indonesia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-12 03:28
Hi there, could you connect the aircraft with DJI Assistant 2 and export the corresponding Flight Records,&Sensing, Navigation, Gimbal, Camera and System log? We'd like to forward to our engineers to check the exact status, thanks so much!

thank you for replying to this post, DJI Susan.

Yes, I have used DJI Assistant 2, to upgrade firmware 1.00.0500 a few days ago, on this Mavic Air.

I have tried it several times. however, I opened Flight Records, & Sensing, Navigation, Gimbals, Camera and System logs. I only saw "spining loading" without stopping for up to a dozen minutes. restarting the aircraft has no response. I tried on 2 macbooks and a Windows laptop, there was no result just "spinning loading" which made me wait without any results!

but i have a flight data about the incident of you here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... EX/view?usp=sharing
2018-10-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

kd_sudarwika Posted at 2018-10-12 05:14
thank you for replying to this post, DJI Susan.

Yes, I have used DJI Assistant 2, to upgrade firmware 1.00.0500 a few days ago, on this Mavic Air.

I have tried it several times. however, I opened Flight Records, & Sensing, Navigation, Gimbals, Camera and System logs. I only saw "spining loading" without stopping for up to a dozen minutes.

Known problem with Assistant-2 and Apple's OS-X.   DJI's Assistant-2 is Broken.  A problem DJI has known about for months.

As for Windows and Assistant-2, it is also a known problem.  DJI's Assistant-2 drivers are not signed and will not properly install on Windows.  Again a problem DJI has known about, for even longer.

However, there is a work around for problem with Windows.  On your Windows PC, in BIOS you have to Disable the Windows Driver Signature enforcement.  Uninstall Assistant-2, reboot PC, then re-install Assistant-2.

How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8 or 10 (So That You Can Install Unsigned Drivers)
2018-10-12
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-10-12 17:32
I have tried it several times. however, I opened Flight Records, & Sensing, Navigation, Gimbals, Camera and System logs. I only saw "spining loading" without stopping for up to a dozen minutes.

Known problem with Assistant-2 and Apple's OS-X.   DJI's Assistant-2 is Broken.  A problem DJI has known about for months.

Hi HedgeTrimmer,

Very usefull webpage, thanks for sharing.

cheers
JJB
2018-10-13
Use props
kd_sudarwika
lvl.1
  • >>>
Indonesia

I have tried it several times. however, I opened Flight Records, & Sensing, Navigation, Gimbals, Camera and System logs. I only saw "spining loading" without stopping for up to a dozen minutes.

Hi Captain, Thanks For Your Help.

I have Disable the Windows Signature enforcement driver since I first bought this windows laptop.
which laptop I use in my shop, I have a smartphone repair shop, I use it so that every new USB driver can be recognized by my laptop.
and today I tried on another computer, there was still no result.

ps: I have been contact dji support via e-mail, deadlock, I didn't find any solution, they put me in an "uncooperative person"
I was asked to contact the shop where I bought, I could not contact them, we were in different cities and islands. I bought this online. new conditions, official seals and have not been activated.

I hope I can close this forum, it doesn't help at all, I just hope... only my MA who experienced this, so no one else was harmed, besides me. I used dji products since Phantom 1 which is I used the drone without a camera and had fun, until now. I have recommended hundreds of people using dji products.

I did not protest this. God always blesses you DJI. Dear moderator, you can close this topic. I think it's done. Thank You So Much.
2018-10-13
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

kd_sudarwika Posted at 2018-10-12 01:23
thank you very much for replying this post, JJB

first, this aircraft does not lose connection. and I aimed the antenna right at the aircraft, btw when the connection loss will still record video, isn't it? in this case the video stops recording.

Hi,

first, this aircraft does not lose connection. Flightlog shows a diconnect.and I aimed the antenna right at the aircraft, btw when the connection loss will still record video, isn't it? in this case the video stops recording.
Normally when its disconnected while video-ing, it continues to record that video (so guess DJI can tell you more)

second, this aircraft landed on its own. I mean not landing smoothly. this landed fast enough I checked the flight record, the flight record stopped right away.
Oke, it should land smoothly, so as you have seen it different than DJI can inform you better (with all the drone data)

third I'm a little confused, this is my first time using the Mavic variant, before I never found this in the Phantom 3 series, will this aircraft land within 20m in cinematic mode? I'm sorry I'm a little confused, maybe because of language differences, I don't speak English well.

Just read the manual, disconnect at this distance means or land there or fly back to the homepoint. Its in the manual and check your settings in the app.

Hope it works out oke for you with the help of DJI.

cheers
JJB
2018-10-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

kd_sudarwika Posted at 2018-10-13 01:17

I have Disable the Windows Signature enforcement driver since I first bought this windows laptop.

ps: I have been contact dji support via e-mail, deadlock, I didn't find any solution, they put me in an "uncooperative person"

Sometime back, I contacted DJI Support via Chat about Assistant-2 not working on two different Macbooks running two different versions of OS X.  Even going so far as to wipe hard disk (SSD) of one Macbook, do a clean install of OS X, then install Assistant-2 as Administrator.  Also tried two public versions of Assistant-2, and one version of Assistant-2 that I was told where to get it at.

Got absolutely no where.  I don't know if they put me in as "uncooperative person", but DJI Support never got back to me as they said they would.

Here is a quirky part.  If you have Apple's BootCamp setup with Windows 10, you can install Windows version of Assistant-2 under BootCamp, and it will work without any problems involving issue of Unsigned drivers being used by Assistant-2.  (At least it did for me.)

BTW: Others have experienced same problems with MAC version Assistant-2 when attempting to run it on Apple's OS X.

2018-10-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kd_sudarwika Posted at 2018-10-13 01:17

Sorry for the inconvenience. Without the flight data, I'm afraid that it is hard to tell what exactly happened at that time. Not sure if it is a coincidence, you may test in an open filed to see whether the issue appears again. If it appears frequently and the corresponding flight data still cannot be exported, we're sorry that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience.
2018-10-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good info to share mate
2018-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules