Color modes are dissapeard
536 11 2018-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
varsent
lvl.2
United States

Hello,

I have a problem with taking a photos after the last update (but I'm not sure if D-Log dissapeared after the update rollup). Everything is fine with video capturing, all color modes are still available. But while I'm going to chose D-Log or other modes in for taking a photos I'm not getting any color settings to chose. Probably I've missed or misakenly enabled something. Please help me to resolve the issue.
Screenshot_20181011-195205.jpg
Thank you,

Vad

2018-10-11
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

D-log is for filming not photos.  In photos you can choose to save a DNG and color all you want in post.
2018-10-11
Use props
varsent
lvl.2
United States

I understand that. But I have "Color" options for my photo camera. I'm wondering why it's not showing any options there. I've found the video on Youtube just where a lot of options are available for the video author. It's from Mavic Pro. D-Log is available there as well.
Why I have no other options like B&W etc?

shot_181012_100755.jpg
2018-10-12
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

I don't think it disappeared from the M2. I believe it was never there.  Maybe in the future.
2018-10-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

varsent Posted at 2018-10-12 06:13
I understand that. But I have "Color" options for my photo camera. I'm wondering why it's not showing any options there. I've found the video on Youtube just where a lot of options are available for the video author. It's from Mavic Pro. D-Log is available there as well.
Why I have no other options like B&W etc?

It was never there, maybe someday, if you want B&W you will just have to desaturate.
2018-10-12
Use props
varsent
lvl.2
United States

Can anyone check this on his side? It looks like I've missed something
2018-10-12
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

varsent Posted at 2018-10-12 07:33
Can anyone check this on his side? It looks like I've missed something

Checked, the same and it's from the first release that way
2018-10-12
Use props
varsent
lvl.2
United States

That's weird. Since if I'm not professional and I'm owning that drone and I don't want to post edit the photos after the shutting, so these options should be available. Or what's your opinion on that?
2018-10-12
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

Yes, we don't have those options from the beginning
2018-10-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

varsent Posted at 2018-10-12 07:43
That's weird. Since if I'm not professional and I'm owning that drone and I don't want to post edit the photos after the shutting, so these options should be available. Or what's your opinion on that?

From what I have experienced so far with my M2P, the pictures come out in excellent quality. For users who don't want to do post there is no real need. Just don't use the raw (DNG) option then, this is made for post production, color modes would not help you there anyway.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. As of the moment, Mavic 2 Pro has Dlog-M and HLG for the color modes when shooting a video. For reference, you may check the attached image below. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

2018-10-13
Use props
varsent
lvl.2
United States

I'm not talking about the video now. It's rather for a photos. For example I've found in Mavic Pro that all those options are available for it:
2018-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules