Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Microraptor Case is AWESOME!!!
3337 31 2015-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mackie1604
lvl.2

United States

Damn I love this thing.  It's big, and heavy.....but it's tough....and has wheels.

IMG_2924.JPG
IMG_2927.JPG
IMG_2926.JPG
IMG_2925.JPG
2015-6-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hey gee, The case looks great, very sturdy, and quite attractive as well.
I would like to believe that it's nearly bomb proof... But your kilometers may vary hahaha!!
Yeah, a comical Canadian here.

Now if you will pardon me, I have a dumb question to ask you.
Hey bud, behind the Phantom case in pic 2, Is that a photograph poster/picture on the wall, or a window to your world?
I really like it. I mean I REALLY LIKE IT!! If that's your view, you are already living the high life...
& Have you got enough Nivea? ;-)

RedHotPoker

2015-6-1
Use props
mackie1604
lvl.2

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-2 12:29
Hey gee, The case looks great, very sturdy, and quite attractive as well.
I would like to believe th ...

Just a photo from Ikea.  And all the stuff is a coupon run my wife did today........All that was $12.  :-)
2015-6-1
Use props
myhondas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12100 ft
United States

I ordered one awhile ago.....still waiting for it to come in. I also bought a water resistant backpack unit which is much lighter.  I wanted both options, but this one is for transport and allows for leaving the props on.
2015-6-1
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United States

Great Choice! and excellent colour taste might I add you clearly know your stuff! look what arrived at mine this morning

IMG_6525.jpg

IMG_6526.jpg

- Adam

2015-6-1
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Those cases are nice but those are 200 dollar cases. I think those cases make sense when you travel with your P3 by plane because it protects the Phantom3 during the flight. I however never take my phantom with me in foreign countries etc.. I just need something for my car, that the phantom will not slide around during the drive. Such a case would be overkill for me, this is probably good for a safari as well : ) I will buy one of those 50 dollar P3 backpacks in china and that is even overkill for just driving around.
2015-6-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I'm like you. Not traveling the globe with Phantom in hand. But I do 'rYde' a '13 Can Am SpYder RS-S .
I couldn't strap those large cases to my rear seat! And I doubt a Phantom 3 even with blades removed
would ride in the "frunk" cargo space. I must find something that could ride safely behind me.
And the back pack method seems most likely.
Although I would much prefer something that could be bungied to the rear passenger handles. Suppose the same back pack would be great for that.
I was leaning towards a large soft sided camera bag, as there are plenty designs of those, lots of protective padding and at slightly cheaper cost.

Something Else that I just noticed in both posts with pictures, but couldn't figure out where it would be used.
What is the metal bit in the top right corner of those cases  when they are open, laying flat?
If appears to be threaded in the centre.
I have heard several guys here mentioning they're landing on their cases?

Obviously the hard shell back packs or others, don't have that large flat surface to play with.
If I do buy a nice large case like those, you lucky guys own, I would like to cut out a stencil
and spray paint an actual helicopter landing pad/circle on it.
Something thee 'magical' visual positioning sensors could lock on to, real good.

RedHotPoker
2015-6-2
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-2 16:04
I'm like you. Not traveling the globe with Phantom in hand. But I do 'rYde' a '13 Can Am SpYder RS-S ...

I guess thats another ideal use for those cases. You have an interesting vehicle
2015-6-2
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-2 16:04
I'm like you. Not traveling the globe with Phantom in hand. But I do 'rYde' a '13 Can Am SpYder RS-S ...

I like your stencil idea I will definately be using my case as a landing/takeoff pad that was another reason why i opted for the Hardshell.

The metal tin in the top right is a reusable hydroabsorbent canister to absorb any moisture within the case. The "threaded" part you see is actually a little window where you can see the orange silica crystals inside, once they turn clear you just slap it in the oven for 3 hours and its good as new again great little addition to the case - Adam
2015-6-2
Use props
coherent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7411 ft
United States

I may be wrong but looks exactly like the Seahorse SE920 with the foam custom done? My guess is it the same shell for sure. I plucked the foam from a SE920 and then used plasti-dip rubber coating on the top surface (like the blue top on the Microrapter case's foam).  Looks the same and price was about $85 less at amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Seahorse-S ... ords=seahorse+se920
They are definitely well made and heavy duty.
2015-6-2
Use props
mackie1604
lvl.2

United States

coherent Posted at 2015-6-2 23:03
I may be wrong but looks exactly like the Seahorse SE920 with the foam custom done? My guess is it t ...

Probably the same case, but with the cutouts, prop holders, and all the extras you get, it's worth the $200 for a package.
2015-6-2
Use props
Rift
lvl.2

United States

Question can you fit an Ipad air 2 in there with the rest of the stuff?
2015-6-2
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United States

Rift Posted at 2015-6-3 00:09
Question can you fit an Ipad air 2 in there with the rest of the stuff?

Yes easily - Adam
2015-6-2
Use props
Rift
lvl.2

United States

Awesome!!! What I really like about these hard shell cases is that they can provide a place to take off from and land on uneven terrain, along with all that protection.
2015-6-2
Use props
mackie1604
lvl.2

United States

Rift Posted at 2015-6-3 02:25
Awesome!!! What I really like about these hard shell cases is that they can provide a place to tak ...

That was my plan....use it as a heli pad......
2015-6-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

The desiccant to remove moisture in the case, is a good thought and idea.  As I already stated in earlier in this thread, if I should buy a hard side case like those,
I would like to cut out a stencil, and spray paint a helicopter landing pad/circle on mine.
Using some color combination the Phantom 3 could lock onto, visually.
I wonder which color/s would be best suited for that?
Anyone have an idea which color would be best used? Or avoided...
I was thinking a flourescent green or bright orange...
& At night, my black light would power it up... ;-)

RedHotPoker

2015-6-2
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-3 04:11
The desiccant to remove moisture in the case, is a good thought and idea.  As I already stated in ea ...

I think a good contrast between the colours would be more important than the actual colour itself - Adam
2015-6-2
Use props
klintb
lvl.1

United States

coherent Posted at 2015-6-2 23:03
I may be wrong but looks exactly like the Seahorse SE920 with the foam custom done? My guess is it t ...

I have the orange version of this as well and my P3 fits awesome.   Look around on Amazon there are ones with free shipping directly from Amazon.

2015-6-2
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

I too bought this case.    Best thing I did for the Phantom.   Probably not the best idea if you are hiking to spots over rough terrain.   But otherwise, I love it.    Everything fits perfectly and there's more than enough room for accessories, etc.   BTW, I got the yellow.   It's easy to see on cam from the air for that landing pad you guys are talking about.   I highly recommend it if you are looking for a reasonable hard case.
2015-6-2
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

MikeAngelo Posted at 2015-6-3 10:32
I too bought this case.    Best thing I did for the Phantom.   Probably not the best idea if you are ...

Do you really leave the propellers on when carrying in those cases?
2015-6-2
Use props
mccartw
lvl.1

United States

Also own the Microraptor in yellow...but dudes, don't try to land on it.  Take off from it if you must, but practice hand-catching for times on rough terrain. A bad landing on a flat surface might scuff the props, but a bad landing off an elevated pad will be nasty..
2015-6-2
Use props
mackie1604
lvl.2

United States

lightpanther Posted at 2015-6-3 10:44

It's meant to keep the props on......that's why they have those poles to keep the props from moving.

2015-6-2
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United States

Heres a video I made to prove its safe to leave the props attached...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18843775/caseshut2.mov

- Adam
2015-6-2
Use props
mackie1604
lvl.2

United States

Adamation Posted at 2015-6-3 13:33
Heres a video I made to prove its safe to leave the props attached...

https://dl.dropboxuserconte ...

Nice video!!!
2015-6-2
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

I leave the props on most of the time when doing casual carrying of the case.  If I'm going across something rough or plan on throwing the thing around, the props are coming off.    But most of the time, yeah, it's more than safe to keep the props in place.  Smart design with the prop guards in the case.
2015-6-3
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

MikeAngelo Posted at 2015-6-4 09:32
I leave the props on most of the time when doing casual carrying of the case.  If I'm going across ...

There does seem to be a niche market open for some kind of carrier that caters to a short journey of a few miles in a car, and enables the props to be left on. In other words, NOT a hard case that assumes the Phantom will be strapped to an elephant's back while crossing the Ganges, and NOT a backpack that assumes extended hiking in the mountains of Iran.
2015-6-3
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

lightpanther Posted at 2015-6-4 09:47
There does seem to be a niche market open for some kind of carrier that caters to a short journey o ...

It's got wheels for that......just tie the case to the elephants tail.   you're all good  : )~
2015-6-3
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Nice one!!!
2015-6-3
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

indeed, but seriously, it's a bit overkill for just a hop of a few miles down the road. I wonder if there's a way to secure the props for a short car journey, again without forking $200 for a case. I have a backpack, which I anticipate using too, but it's also overkill for this particular purpose.
2015-6-3
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

lightpanther Posted at 2015-6-4 10:38
indeed, but seriously, it's a bit overkill for just a hop of a few miles down the road. I wonder if ...

I bough the hard shell case for P3 Dji em, it will come today, will post comments!
2015-6-5
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

leoamartinez@gm Posted at 2015-6-5 18:40
I bough the hard shell case for P3 Dji em, it will come today, will post comments!

Actually, for the low level purpose I described above, I'm finding that transporting the P3 in the lower portion of the molded packing that comes with the original box (but not the box itself), is quite sufficient (bearing in mind that I am only talking about basic protection for *short* car journeys). This keeps it secure, so long as that overall structure is itself secure, and enables you to keep the propellers on without any real problems.

However, in this situation I am talking aboout flying immediately when you exit your car...not having an additional walk to a flight site.
2015-6-5
Use props
murigius2012
lvl.1

United States

My P3P lives inside a Microraptor Case and it fits like a glove. I like how smooth the handles feel and like the slide out puller too. Quality case for $200.
2015-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules