iPad Air 2 freezing and losing signal
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris
lvl.1

United States

I have a P3A that I have flown over 20 times with no problems. Even getting about 1 mile out and still had full signal. It is running firmware 1.1.8. After my iPad Air 2 updated to the new 1.1.2 it has never worked right. My first flight was fine for about 6 mintues and it started to freeze up and the Ipad overheated. I let it cool down and tried it again but I flow for a couple of mintues and the camera went black and lost signal. I just did a second test flight which you can see here (http://youtu.be/VyxH_nF3h3I). You will notice the lag on the video counter and the camera setings in the top right blinking. The camera then goes black and I lose signal and its not more then 10ft away. Not sure whats going on. Again this worked flawlessly before the app update. Any ideas? Thanks
2015-6-1
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

I have a P3A with an iPad Mini 3 running v1.1.2 Pilot App.  I immediately updated my P3 to firmware v1.1.9 when it was released.  I experience none of the problems you have described.  Perhaps you should update the firmware?
2015-6-1
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

why dont you update to the latest FW? thats the first step i would do. Yes the Ipad air 2 will get hot in the summer and will overheat quickly, its made from aluminium. The problem cant be fixed easily, maybe you need cooler fan etc.. or fly in the evening. Maybe you can also try to deactivate "hardware decode"
2015-6-1
Use props
jon.godfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Firmware for sure, deactivate "hardware decode" but also switch off the Wi-Fi or at least the setting which automatically connects to networks.  Since flying in flight mode I've had no disconnections.  Background apps especially Wi-Fi related can cause issues with the Pilot App.

Even with a disconnection you can still fly the aircraft.  A reason why line of sight is important.  
2015-6-1
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

jon.godfrey Posted at 2015-6-2 15:41
Firmware for sure, deactivate "hardware decode" but also switch off the Wi-Fi or at least the settin ...

The Home lock function would be useful in this case, a shame that its not available. This would be ideal in a situation like that.
2015-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules