Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
o 16% and landed - unable to locate...opinions on how far it could’ve gone?
858 20 2018-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans485ed171
Flight distance : 107454 ft

Hey guys! Hoping someone might be able to assist. As you can see from the video the drone basically malfunctioned and then the battery tanked - yes it is DJI brand, not old, updated firmware, and was fully charged at takeoff. My question is this: I have followed the path to the last recorded spot as shown on the video but obviously it lost contact right as it descended so I don’t know if it went in another direction or? It is very very dense forest to get to the spot - I have gone twice - an hour to get in and out. From what I can tell on other videos of the critically low battery issue the drone descends at only around .9-1.2 mph meaning it took maybe 5-7 minutes to descend? Is that everyone’s general belief?

I have researched it to death and couldn’t find anything but maybe I’m not looking good enough. Is there something I haven’t tried? Since the battery is dead (this was two days ago) I’m assuming there is no way to get a signal or have it beep or anything with the RC?
2018-10-12
Use props
Keule
Captain
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It would be helpful if you post a link to your video. If you like to have assistance from fellow users here, upload your flightlog from your flight.
Here's the link on how to do that.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do feel sorry about what happened with your aircraft. We suggest calling customer support for us to create a ticket and investigate what happened during that flight. We're here to help you. Your patience is highly appreciated.

2018-10-12
Use props
Salt_Wings_80

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-12 09:43
Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do feel sorry about what happened with your aircraft. We suggest calling customer support for us to create a ticket and investigate what happened during that flight. We're here to help you. Your patience is highly appreciated.

[view_image]

I have sent every piece of info-flight logs, data, screen recording of flight, etc. I can still recover the drone if we could get a little more information but it has to be before it rains
2018-10-12
Use props
Salt_Wings_80

Keule Posted at 2018-10-12 08:46
It would be helpful if you post a link to your video. If you like to have assistance from fellow users here, upload your flightlog from your flight.
Here's the link on how to do that.

I thought I had - we are to the west of where Hurricane Michael just hit so we have no internet and spotty cell service so I can't tell what uploads. Is this what you mean?

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/V67MRZG8QH1CQP0ZBEOQ/

Here is what I put to support:
My issue is that I know the drone can be recovered if I can get its location - for some reason it disconnected before landing (as you can see in the data it hit critically low all the sudden and began its descent and that last GPS coordinate  were when it was 488 feet in the air. I have been to that location and as much as I can get to around it but it isn't there). Is there any possible way to gather further GPS coordinates so I can travel in that direction? Or send a signal to it when I am close to the last GPS coordinates to get it to beep? It is very dense forest so I could be walking right passed it without knowing. I have gone 7 times and am cut up from searching. I put the drone up straight on top of my house and went straight up to get pictures of the sunset and wanted to bring it straight down and it went all over the place as you can see. I am very disappointed. I am up for any and all suggestions, creative, long shots, etc. so I can try to find it before it rains here: even estimations on how far it could have traveled or how fast it descended. I have tried to do the math through my research but really don’t know for sure what numbers to use. PLEASE HELP me!
2018-10-12
Use props
Salt_Wings_80

Keule Posted at 2018-10-12 08:46
Here's the link on how to do that.

And now that that is done I recognize two trees I saw while in the brush so thank you! I am going out to check now-their maps must be more updated than google maps (which I thought they used) because I can see the two dead trees in the flight upload that I can't see on my google maps. Thank you! Will update.
2018-10-12
Use props
Keule
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Salt_Wings_80 Posted at 2018-10-12 12:23
And now that that is done I recognize two trees I saw while in the brush so thank you! I am going out to check now-their maps must be more updated than google maps (which I thought they used) because I can see the two dead trees in the flight upload that I can't see on my google maps. Thank you! Will update.

Have you looked at 30.381672°  -86.243726° ?
This might be your starting point where to look.

Good luck!
2018-10-12
Use props
Salt_Wings_80
United States

Okay I may be stupid but what is the yellow pin? The lat/long of 30.381693   -86.243733 I show as being where the white arrow is on here...I started there and have been all around that area. It is so dense with long sleeves and pants and boots I am covered in scratches through my clothes. I could have walked over it and not seen it possibly because it is literally that dense-I can barely see to my feet...
2018-10-12
Use props
Salt_Wings_80

Keule Posted at 2018-10-12 13:05
Have you looked at 30.381672°  -86.243726° ?
This might be your starting point where to look.

Okay I may be stupid but what is the yellow pin? The lat/long of 30.381693   -86.243733 I show as being where the white arrow is on here (and the last coordinates I have but it was still 488 feet in the air and perhaps the wind was gusting-I just don't know)...I started there and have been all around that area. It is so dense with long sleeves and pants and boots I am covered in scratches through my clothes. I could have walked over it and not seen it possibly because it is literally that dense-I can barely see to my feet...
2018-10-12
Use props
Keule
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Salt_Wings_80 Posted at 2018-10-12 13:57
Okay I may be stupid but what is the yellow pin? The lat/long of 30.381693   -86.243733 I show as being where the white arrow is on here (and the last coordinates I have but it was still 488 feet in the air and perhaps the wind was gusting-I just don't know)...I started there and have been all around that area. It is so dense with long sleeves and pants and boots I am covered in scratches through my clothes. I could have walked over it and not seen it possibly because it is literally that dense-I can barely see to my feet...[view_image]

The displayed data is in 3D space.
I just extended the last known coordinate (which is 488 ft in the air) to the ground.

2018-10-12
Use props
Salt_Wings_80

Just no dice yet. Its like impossible to find because of how dense everything is but I have to keep looking because I know it is there. It couldn't have gone far. Its driving me crazy that there isn't some beacon that alerts after a hard landing or what I presume to have been.
2018-10-12
Use props
Keule
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Any chance to have a fellow drone operator fly above the estimated area and looking for your downed aircraft?
It might be easier from a birds view.
2018-10-12
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hate to ask, but I will, what were you doing at 1,100 altitude?
2018-10-13
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Lost connection for 4 minutes !!!
2018-10-14
Use props
Salt_Wings_80

mixchief Posted at 2018-10-13 14:26
I hate to ask, but I will, what were you doing at 1,100 altitude?

I wasn't nor did I move it from directly above me. I can only guess it had some satellite interference (not sure how that works) due to the storm damage to the East of us that is causing also cellular issues now.
2018-10-14
Use props
Salt_Wings_80

Thanks for your input everyone. My husband did find it. It appears to have landed enough to eject the battery-I can't even imagine. I turned it on the camera and gimbal is working well and put it up in the air just a few feet in an open area to see its stability after checking everything I could and it appears to not have much stability or control. Wondering what to check for that. I put it up - it was fine for a minute and then it began to rock violently and did not want to let me land it.
2018-10-14
Use props
Keule
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Glad to hear that your aircraft was found!

Check for physical damage on the props. Replace all if in doubt!
Calibrate compass and IMU and then try again.
2018-10-14
Use props
Salt_Wings_80
United States

Keule Posted at 2018-10-14 10:33
Glad to hear that your aircraft was found!

Check for physical damage on the props. Replace all if in doubt!

I did those steps so hopefully I can try it out tomorrow. Thank you again!
2018-10-14
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Salt_Wings_80 Posted at 2018-10-14 10:14
I wasn't nor did I move it from directly above me. I can only guess it had some satellite interference (not sure how that works) due to the storm damage to the East of us that is causing also cellular issues now.

Are you saying you really were not flying at 1100 feet altitude?
2018-10-15
Use props
Salt_Wings_80
United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-10-15 13:24
Are you saying you really were not flying at 1100 feet altitude?

I am saying I didn't take it up that high nor did I fly it to where it landed - I took it straight up over my house to do a 360 of the area and then land it- it was found quite a ways away - I am not sure how far to be exact without looking but it was at least a mile I believe.
2018-10-15
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

That is really freaky
2018-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now