Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Each country's drone laws on one easy site
1223 7 2018-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrevorSK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Stumbled on this site and posted because it might be handy for vacationers or out of country shooting. Not sure how up to date or accurate this info is. Please leave feedback if info for your country is not correct. https://www.uavsystemsinternational.com/drone-laws-by-country/
2018-10-12
Use props
Thriller
First Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

Thanks for the link. It is very informative. About Italy the rules are correct
2018-10-12
Use props
GhostWolf010
Captain
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

Dutch laws (Netherlands/Holland) are not present on this site
2018-10-12
Use props
TrevorSK
First Officer
Canada

GhostWolf010 Posted at 2018-10-12 08:17
Dutch laws (Netherlands/Holland) are not present on this site

Thanks for your reply. As I suspected, it has to be hard to keep current with changing rules in 150 countries. They have a contact us link on their site. Please inform them. https://www.uavsystemsinternational.com/contact/
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. Thanks for providing the link here in DJI Forum. That was very helpful and informative. If there is any help needed, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are happy to help. Thank you.
2018-10-12
Use props
Maveric
lvl.4
Flight distance : 377244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No mention of the 400ft limit in the UK. It's incomplete.
2018-10-12
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Thanks for the post, it is very useful!

However, a word of caution to readers, the data linked isn't accurate, at least not for my country (Canada);

The site states "Operators must ensure that they follow the following drone laws when flying in Canada if their drone weighs more than 250 grams", and then lists the following restriction:

- Do not fly your drone within 75 meters of buildings, people, or vehicles not associated with the operation of the drone"

This is valid for UAV's OVER 1kg in weight; Transport Canada has a classification for 250g to 1kg, and for that class, Transport Canada's Interim Order No. 9 states the following for the 250g-1kg range:

- A person must not operate a model aircraft having a total weight of more than 250 g (0.55 pounds) but not more than 1 kg (2.2 pounds) at a lateral distance of less than 100 feet (30 m) from vehicles, vessels or any person not associated with the operation of the aircraft

Here is a link to Canada's Interim Order No.9 for reference:

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2018/2018-06-16/html/notice-avis-eng.html#ne6

The site also fails to provide a reciprocal link to the original law document from which they pull the data, so a reader cannot easily cross-reference the data.

This is only for Canada, but it leads me to believe similar shortcomings could be present for the other countries listed.

Reader beware!
2018-10-12
Use props
TrevorSK
First Officer
Canada

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-10-12 09:08
Thanks for the post, it is very useful!

However, a word of caution to readers, the data linked isn't accurate, at least not for my country (Canada);

Thanks, I'm Canadian as well. I find Transport Canada's website very confusing because of two sets of rules, one set for UAV's, and another for Drone's. Before reading these rules, one must first understand Transport Canada's definition of UAV's and drone's. UAV's are operated by business' (paid photographer), and drones are operated by hobbyists. In some portions of their site they mix the two rule sets together and other portions they separate them. I do like the under 250g exemption for toy drones, and I do like the 1Kg cut off point too, as the Mavic comes in underneath it.
2018-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules