Anyone tried this case?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thedwp
New

United States

Has anyone tried this case for the P3? I'm looking for a hardshell case with rollers. It looks like the egg-crate foam in the lid would push down on the props which would seem to bend them over time.

2015-6-1
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United States

I received this today and its bloody fantastic, so i imagine the GP one is equally as good - Adam
IMG_6525.jpg
2015-6-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

They are nice, and probably one of the better, built cases.
But at $249.00, and I think you could find something slightly lighter than 18 lbs too.
I understand the need and desire to keep your Phantom 3 safe from damage of destruction.
Ah, but where are you guys going with these Phantoms, that you need a case of that strength and weight?

I appreciate your desire, but don't see the benefit of those military grade cases.
Please school me, thanks. As I will want something, to hold and carry my Phantom 3 Professional, as well.

RedHotPoker
2015-6-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Adamation Posted at 2015-6-2 14:52
I received this today and its bloody fantastic, so i imagine the GP one is equally as good - Adam

Adamation,
How much do those ones weigh, and at what price?

I am being slowly drawn in... But I do also need a new iPad model too.
This is really beginning to get costly... And I still have no Phantom 3 to enjoy.

Where will the spending end, or does it? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-6-1
Use props
thedwp
New

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-2 14:56
But at $249.00, and I think you could fi ...

These types of heavy duty cases are for when I travel and have to check my equipment. And trust me, $250 for a case that will fully protect your $1300+ piece of equipment is more than worth it.

If it's just me and my drone hiking or staying local, the ThinkTank (or similar) backpack works fine.
2015-6-1
Use props
thedwp
New

United States

I've seen that one...looks great! I like those clear spacers. Does it protect the props from the foam in the Lid?
2015-6-1
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-2 15:00
Adamation,
How much do those ones weigh, and at what price?

The Case + Phantom/Battery/Charger/Remote weighs in a total of 20.4lbs

I was originally against paying $200 for a case aswell but i soon realised it was either this or something that wouldn't offer me much more protection than just sticking it into a standard bag with the original eggbox packaging.

I also wanted something to carry my P3 back from the US to the UK at the end of the week that was (almost) hand luggage size.

Im totally happy with my decision, this case is for sure going to last me and when the P4 comes around ill just replace the foam interior for the updated version (if the P4 will fit that is)

- Adam
2015-6-2
Use props
Rimas_M
lvl.2

Lithuania

I'm wondering if the upper foam "spikes" doesn't bend propellers while the lid is being closed for a while? Because propellers do not have support from the bottom.
2015-6-2
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both the above Go Professional case and Microraptor case. Both are very high quality inside and out. Here are the main differences:

Go Professional:
- A lot taller -- making it less compact
- Compartments are taller, so you can store more in them
- The top layer of foam is a single piece and is precisely cut
- Room for 6 batteries
- The foam in the lid falls out of the case when opened (needs to be taped/glued to fix it)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... Id=S6ZPZZQSAKH5LKXX

Microraptor:
- More compact and easier to move around
- Has customizable compartments on the left (store a tablet or insert separators to make 2-3 compartments)
- The top layer of foam is two pieces, but it's well made and almost as nice as the Go Professional foam
- Room for 5 batteries
- The foam in the lid is securely attached
- Available in many different colors

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ ... Id=FC6B6FYSZB4BL2AN

Note: While both cases advertise that you can store your Phantom with the props, I don't recommend you do it. The foam layer in the lid will rest against your props. The Microraptor cases has solid plastic posts to help hold up the foam top, but I still do not trust that the props will not be slightly affected over time.

You will be very happy if you choose either of these cases. Both are very well made.

If you're looking for a less expensive case, check out:
http://www.PhantomHelp.com/#CasesP3

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-2
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Both those hardshell cases look perfect for travel.
l was going to suggest shaving down the bumps on the upper-foam for the props until l saw the spacers.
Mine hasn't gone on any travels so l just use a Fearless backpack, l like the depth of the foam.
2015-6-2
Use props
fkendra
lvl.1

United States

Here are a couple of cases from MCM that work with Phantoms.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-24160

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-24120
2015-6-2
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adamation - I notice you have the Summitlink snap-on prop guard adapters attached to your Phantom 3.  I also have installed these on my P3.  Did you have to mod the foam cutout for the Phantom 3 in any way to get the snap-on prop protector adapters to fit?  Or do you just "shove it in there" so to speak?  It doesn't look like you made any mods to the top surface of the P3 cutout at least.  My case arrives next week.
2015-6-2
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United States

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-6-3 02:56
Adamation - I notice you have the Summitlink snap-on prop guard adapters attached to your Phantom  ...

You guessed it, I just shoved it in there, it fits alot better than I thought it would without modding the foam If i ever find a good way of cutting the foam i may tweak it a little but for the time bieng im happy with the fit - Adam
2015-6-2
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adamation Posted at 2015-6-3 04:05
You guessed it, I just shoved it in there, it fits alot better than I thought it would without mod ...

On my similar Go-Pro Case for my Phantom 2 V+, I placed the P2 with the quick-connect adapters on top of the blue foam, used a fine-point permanent marker (Sharpie) to trace the outline of the quick-connect adapters, then used a X-acto knife to carefully cut the larger openings for each of the four prop ends.  Worked like a charm and looks professional.
2015-6-2
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United States

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-6-3 04:54
On my similar Go-Pro Case for my Phantom 2 V+, I placed the P2 with the quick-connect adapters on  ...

Thanks for the tip i may well give this a go! - Adam
2015-6-2
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United States

Rimas_M Posted at 2015-6-2 16:55
I'm wondering if the upper foam "spikes" doesn't bend propellers while the lid is being closed for ...

Heres a quick video for anyone wondering about the props bending due to the lid foam when closed

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18843775/caseshut2.mov

- Adam
2015-6-2
Use props
Arvy55
lvl.2

United States

I have a GPC for my Phantom 3 Professional.... i say your paying the price of what you getting...This case is a real heavy duty and made for any kind of traveling....
The Phantom sits inside really tight that you cant even move it..lol..
If you have money buy GPC, but if you want to some some bucks the go with Microraptor as alternative.
Optimized-20150520_174513.jpg
2015-6-2
Use props
FlyGirls
lvl.3

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-2 14:56
But at $249.00, and I think you could fi ...

On that note-

Is't your equipment always going to be with you? As opposed to it being entrusted w/airport baggage handlers? Just sayin.
Then as Poker guy says - weight; for that matter,size too. It's gotta be convenient as a carry on.

So, this is a late post on the subject, curious if you have purchased it.

I'm going with this hard shell backpack for an inexpensive price, till I know if if Ill be keeping the phantom.

http://www.tmart.com/Backpack-Carrying-Case-For-DJI-Phantom-1-2-Vision-2-Vision-2-FC40-Free-X_p286024.html

There may need to be adjustments with the interior, but hey
nothing I couldnt do w/a Dremel and the right attachments.

Cheers!!

2015-6-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Use a new scalpel blade, so that you can make your Phantom 3 fit snug inside, & you are then thee winner.
That's very near to the price point, which I am seeking...

After the $2K for Phantom 3 Pro' and an iPad Mini or Air, (still undecided), that case has all the bells and whistles that I'll ever need.
Perfect size, too, to bungee onto my SpYder as well... ;-)
Ah, in computer terms it's a A ++.

RedHotPoker

2015-6-2
Use props
salota8550 This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-2
Use props
Rimas_M
lvl.2

Lithuania

Adamation Posted at 2015-6-3 05:44
Heres a quick video for anyone wondering about the props bending due to the lid foam when closed

Thank you!
2015-6-2
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United States

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-6-3 04:54
On my similar Go-Pro Case for my Phantom 2 V+, I placed the P2 with the quick-connect adapters on  ...

Grabbed a sharpie and X-Acto today and trimmed away some of the foam, fits like a dream now, barely had to cut any away! thanks for the heads up on that one - Adam
2015-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules