Air speed Litchi mission?
3969 13 2018-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

What's a good general purpose airspeed to set in a Litchi mission?  I've been using the cruise speed setting which is kind of slow.  
2018-10-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check the wind speeds too and adjust the drone speed accordingly
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend you to use a third party apps because we are unable to ensure the compatibility and performance. Thanks for understanding.
2018-10-14
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-14 05:17
Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend you to use a third party apps because we are unable to ensure the compatibility and performance. Thanks for understanding.

Hi,  I don't like using a third party app but the DJI Go 4 app can't do what Litchi does.  I know it has the waypoint function but you still have to set them manually.   So my question is why doesn't the DJI Go 4 app have a Litchi style function.  You guys are letting Litchi make you look bad.  
2018-10-14
Use props
georgieB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33212 ft
Philippines

Christine96 Posted at 10-14 06:58
Hi,  I don't like using a third party app but the DJI Go 4 app can't do what Litchi does.  I know it has the waypoint function but you still have to set them manually.   So my question is why doesn't the DJI Go 4 app have a Litchi style function.  You guys are letting Litchi make you look bad.

Very true, Christine96.  they had it for the mavic air and they removed it.  You should give us software that maximizes the capability of your drones - mavic air at that.  DJI, we had to pay extra just to maximize some features that you inhibited - greed perhaps - since you want us to upgrade to one that does waypoint.
2018-11-12
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-14 05:17

Hi DJI Paladin.

Just a simple question.

If DJI do not recommend 3rd party apps then why did DJI release the SDK to third parties?
2018-11-12
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Boffin Posted at 11-12 01:12
Hi DJI Paladin.

Just a simple question.

Good question.
2018-11-12
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bet you don't get an answer.
2018-11-12
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

I've read that under optimal flying conditions (low/no wind) that 21.5 mph is a sweet spot for speed. Don't ask where I read it because I forgot but the person explaining it had a convincing explanation based on some testing he'd come across.  Whether or not it's true or not, dunno, but since then I've set my cruising speed to 21.5 - just because I haven't found anything better, but I'm obviously open to reasonable suggestions too.
2018-11-12
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

marklyn59 Posted at 11-12 20:58
I've read that under optimal flying conditions (low/no wind) that 21.5 mph is a sweet spot for speed. Don't ask where I read it because I forgot but the person explaining it had a convincing explanation based on some testing he'd come across.  Whether or not it's true or not, dunno, but since then I've set my cruising speed to 21.5 - just because I haven't found anything better, but I'm obviously open to reasonable suggestions too.

Do you think 21.5 mph is the optimal speed to get maximum distance and battery length?
2018-11-12
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

That's what I recall reading from someone who (to me) sounded like he knew what he was talking about.  I forget how he came up with that speed but the logic and science provided was enough for me to have a standard cruising speed from it
2018-11-18
Use props
darrell2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63632 ft
United States

You could all ways use the VLM down loaded on your computer it uses google earth and you can fly your mission put in your way points and watch it right on google earth. I can't remember what forum I got the down load it was here or on the Phantom pilots or the mavic pilots forum. Sorry for the inconvenience. But I will tell you it dose work pretty good for setting up your way points.

GOOD LUCK  
2018-11-19
Use props
darrell2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63632 ft
United States

If you google VLM for google earth it comes up. You can check it out.
2018-11-19
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

make and save your waypointsmission in Litchi, then before go airborne check wind speed and adjust in your mission settings higher value then wind. Then fly your mission.
2018-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules