1133 17 2018-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I was away on a trip without a laptop, M2Pro needed firmware update, updated the controller via app then couldnt get the craft to update via app on both android phone or tablet... it was pretty much bricked and couldnt get any footage whilst away... so annoying, I know the assistant works but still not enough..
Wasted money on jobs with inspire 1 way back 2.5 years ago when I couldnt pdate via app and we are still having this problem.
2018-10-14
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>

Never had a problem updating thru GO4. Actually I only update thru GO 4. Second, common sense why would you update while on or going to a job???
2018-10-14
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Skyris, I never have an issue updating through the app. Not sure what is wrong on your side then. Should work.
2018-10-14
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

dronist Posted at 2018-10-14 20:39
Never had a problem updating thru GO4. Actually I only update thru GO 4. Second, common sense why would you update while on or going to a job???

Arent you a lucky one.. theres a ton of people on this site with update problems through the go 4 app and the only way to update was to go through the assistant via pc.
Reason for updating on site was drone was losing connectivity and not saving images to sd, it required an update and dji make out you can update via go4 app.
2018-10-14
Use props
carlhako1
lvl.2

I  have the issue here too. dronist, sky carrier are you guys using android?

I tried on my old samsung 7 edge and note 8 both fail with the same error basically no internet connection. Tried on wifi (100/40 fibre to the premsis) and on 4g with the same error.
2018-10-15
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Crystalsky fails to upgrade using the built in app.  4.3

From what I've read Andriod is pretty much the same...

Its been like this since the launch of the M2P...

DJI have simply shown again and again they just don't care.... Surely there's someone at DJI who's embarrassed about this ?  This isn't the way this things should be …

What an attitude, to take with customers
2018-10-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I updated using go4, no problems.
2018-10-15
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Mine is the same way. Have to update my M2P on the computer... I can update my Mavic Pro using the app no problem though.
2018-10-15
Use props
MagicRide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

I had the same network error on the DJI go 4 app, had to update through my computer.
2018-10-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

carlhako1 Posted at 2018-10-15 01:56

I tried on my old samsung 7 edge and note 8 both fail with the same error basically no internet connection. Tried on wifi (100/40 fibre to the premsis) and on 4g with the same error.

I have always used dedicated IPHONE 7. Only 2 apps on it, GO4 and UAV FORECAST that was for MAVIC PRO and PHANTOM4+

MAVIC 2 PRO and MAVIC 2 ZOOM, am using a dedicated IPHONE 10 MAX, same thing 2 apps on it and so far no problems.

Again, I have never used ASSISTANT 2 for any updates on any drones and I have them all.

Good luck guys!
2018-10-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Skyris Posted at 2018-10-14 21:58
Arent you a lucky one.. theres a ton of people on this site with update problems through the go 4 app and the only way to update was to go through the assistant via pc.
Reason for updating on site was drone was losing connectivity and not saving images to sd, it required an update and dji make out you can update via go4 app.

Losing connectivity and and not saving images is not an update issue. Most likely is the environment and bad SD card or you needed to tell the app to save to SD CARD instead of internal drive.
2018-10-15
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

No problem here with app.
2018-10-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

You never HAVE TO update a firmware. It may appear like it since it’ll be red up in the status bar, but you can still fly. It’ll turn green and you can do your flight as normal if you ignore it.
2018-10-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

carlhako1 Posted at 2018-10-15 01:56

I tried on my old samsung 7 edge and note 8 both fail with the same error basically no internet connection. Tried on wifi (100/40 fibre to the premsis) and on 4g with the same error.

Android sucks. Switch to a capable iOS device & profit. I feel duped having troubleshooted & being frustrated with the drone/app for YEARS on 5 different expensive Android devices. I bought an iPad Pro 10.5, used bottom connector on r/c, and haven’t had 1 issue in over 6 months of constant flying.

So 3 things: ultra fast device, the alternate USB-A is proven to provide reliability, iOS DJI GO 4.
2018-10-15
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Sounds like IOS could be working properly.. I wouldnt say Android suck, I much prefer them to Apple... what I would say that sucks is that DJI tend to prioritize IOS and even leave out Android completely like the original Ground Station for the old s900's
2018-10-15
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27566 ft
Singapore

Its  not  the android that has the problem its DJI prioritizing IOS, even their own crystalsky is being left out. Frankly going IOS side doesnt make a ton of sense only  that DJI GO 4 gets  updated regularly. If DJI go 4 is the only  justification then I guess up to those that lose money and the job, like others say they gain profit being on IOS. Tho DJI assistant is a more cheaper (free option) if you have MaCOS and WIN10. I would say I would bring a laptop for other on the job related matters and use it as a backup for when I need to update.
2018-10-15
Use props
GTMonster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291555 ft
United Kingdom

I'm hoping that the latest firmware has addressed the issue of updating via the Go 4 app. DJI often doesn't advise a full change list with every updated firmware. I have noticed that there are never any serious issues listed although I bet that there have been a few. I'm also guessing that not listing every issue resolved with the firmware limits damage to confidence that people have with DJI products.   

I also have a saying... why pay Apple for stuff you get free on Android.
2018-10-18
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

GTMonster Posted at 2018-10-18 03:47
I'm hoping that the latest firmware has addressed the issue of updating via the Go 4 app. DJI often doesn't advise a full change list with every updated firmware. I have noticed that there are never any serious issues listed although I bet that there have been a few. I'm also guessing that not listing every issue resolved with the firmware limits damage to confidence that people have with DJI products.   

I also have a saying... why pay Apple for stuff you get free on Android.

yes and 'I own the android, apple owns you'
2018-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules