584 9 2018-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
devilsBastard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 254370 ft
Germany

Dear DJI.

The Mavic Air hasn't the dynamic homepoint feature like other. Don't know why, do you?
Maybe there are technical problems in hard- or software to realize that automatic feature?

Here is my suggestion: We have two customizable buttons on the remote. Please add the option to set the new homepoint to the custom buttons, so that we can update the homepoint fast manually. I know we can update the homepoint via DJI GO app, but outdoors a quick option to react would be a great advantage.

Should not be a great and difficult piece of work to your software developers. It would make the handling of the MA in the field outdoors much smarter. DJI team, your thoughts please?

happy landings.

2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. I will be forwarding this to our R&D's for them to be notified and see if they could come up with something related to your suggestion. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us again. We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-10-15
Use props
devilsBastard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 254370 ft

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-15 01:35
Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. I will be forwarding this to our R&D's for them to be notified and see if they could come up with something related to your suggestion. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us again. We're here to help you. Thank you.

Thank  you for the fast  reply.  Hope you  can  forward  a positive  answer  soon.
2018-10-15
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

devilsBastard Posted at 2018-10-15 02:37
Thank  you for the fast  reply.  Hope you  can  forward  a positive  answer  soon.

There won't come an answer. This is just something DJI members always write - there has never been an answer ever to any of those "we forward that request to R&D"
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

devilsBastard Posted at 2018-10-15 02:37

Hi, I'll get back to you as soon as I have a word from them. Have a safe flight always. Thank you.
2018-10-15
Use props
Canefan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88074 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-15 02:40
Hi, I'll get back to you as soon as I have a word from them. Have a safe flight always. Thank you.

Which, as stated above, will be on the 4th of never.

I too, am really disappointed that they haven't implemented dynamic home point on the MA when it's little brother has had this feature for some time.  You're suggested is certainly a good one, and shouldn't be that hard to implement.  
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

saviour Posted at 2018-10-15 02:39
There won't come an answer. This is just something DJI members always write - there has never been an answer ever to any of those "we forward that request to R&D"

Hi saviour, we do really understand your sentiments about this. We are trying our very best to help you with each and every concern.  Rest assured that if there's a development you will be notified here in the thread. We thank you for your valued support.
2018-10-15
Use props
Canefan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88074 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-15 09:55
Hi saviour, we do really understand your sentiments about this. We are trying our very best to help you with each and every concern.  Rest assured that if there's a development you will be notified here in the thread. We thank you for your valued support.

I can't ever remember a post where an admin came back and said we checked on this with our developers and here's what they said.....  You always promise it, but then we never hear about it ever again.  So either you never take it to your development team like you say you will, or they never give you a response to pass back to your customers.  Either one is bad support.
2018-10-15
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Canefan Posted at 2018-10-15 11:16
I can't ever remember a post where an admin came back and said we checked on this with our developers and here's what they said.....  You always promise it, but then we never hear about it ever again.  So either you never take it to your development team like you say you will, or they never give you a response to pass back to your customers.  Either one is bad support.

well.....what about the 2 customs btns together to adjust cam setting.
So they do listen to customers!  but we all like faster updates on the software with our good ideas.

cheers
JJB
2018-10-15
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Thanks for sharing
2018-10-16
Use props