FW Update Message
700 5 2018-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jcflyer23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4298 ft

United States

Yesterday after flying out of range I guess heavy aircraft traffic, my drone RTH and then I got a message to update the firmware. Well I am already using the .500 FW???

2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry to know that your flight was interrupted due to this firmware message. I would recommend refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the message would persist. If it's still the same result, you can try to delete and re-install the app, however, you have to save first the important files and sync your flight records in any case that you'll be deleting the app. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-10-15
Use props
jcflyer23
lvl.3

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-15 14:35
Hi, sorry to know that your flight was interrupted due to this firmware message. I would recommend refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the message would persist. If it's still the same result, you can try to delete and re-install the app, however, you have to save first the important files and sync your flight records in any case that you'll be deleting the app. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

Tony just so we are clear the message appeared after the drone had RTH and landed...
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jcflyer23 Posted at 2018-10-15 15:08
Tony just so we are clear the message appeared after the drone had RTH and landed...

Thanks for that clarification. Did you try to use the DJI Assistant 2 to see if this scenario will be repeated again? Kindly let us know for further assistance.
2018-10-16
Use props
jcflyer23
lvl.3

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-16 08:39
Thanks for that clarification. Did you try to use the DJI Assistant 2 to see if this scenario will be repeated again? Kindly let us know for further assistance.

I made another flight today no issues other than I lost signal about 1500 meters away, I guess that is normal? BTW one the signal is lost how does the drone know where to RTH?
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jcflyer23 Posted at 2018-10-16 16:46
I made another flight today no issues other than I lost signal about 1500 meters away, I guess that is normal? BTW one the signal is lost how does the drone know where to RTH?

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. The disconnection issue occurred when there will be changes with the environment or if the drone encountered any interruption. If the compass is working and the GPS is strong enough, then the aircraft should be able to locate the home point where it took off. I would recommend avoiding the hazardous environment to prevent the incident. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules