Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic Air Return to controller problems
2778 3 2018-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bozora
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142234 ft
Singapore

Hi all

Wondering if anyone on this forum encounters the following.
Each time I tap on the man with drone icon. a dialogue box will say ‘phone wifi signal weak’
Thereafter it doesn’t allow me to mark the new controller location.
However my iphone 10 shows full 4G bar.

I tried changing location and tap the same icon but no success.

Any idea if this is a bug?
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. Are you trying to set your RC as your home point? If yes, did you enable the GPS setting on your mobile device? Would it be possible if you can provide the screenshot of this setting and the error message? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-10-15
Use props
Bozora
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142234 ft
Singapore

Thanks DJI Tony for the reply.

Pls see the image

Each time I tap  the human icon, the error message will appear. Never get to set this successfully.

No problem with the drone H icon.

I'm using an iPhone X and have location service to as always on for the DJI GO 4 app. and 4G is full bar.
2018-10-18
Use props
RatedAargh
lvl.1
United States

Sure would be nice if they could fix this. Lots of complaints about it, and very little fix from what I have researched. Try a new cable, try a different iOS device, uninstall and reinstall the app from your device, quit using iOS and get android. Pretty sad that even their packaging says made for iOS but it doesn’t work properly with it. I’ve read on forums that this has been going on for quite sometime and find it disturbing that they blame everyone’s phones and not attempt a software work around.  They say the gps isn’t accurate enough blah blah.  Open up the parameters then, it’s not like these MA are stealthy and quiet if you can’t hear it and see it within 15m you probably shouldn’t be flying it anyways. If it’s that close you can go to it or regain manual control.  I bought this to do Ariel videos from my boat as most know boats move. If I can get it close to me I can do the fine controls of landing on a moving boat, but if I lose sight of it in the sun and hit return to controller and it fails what do I do then? Watch for a splash? Or try to get back to a position with the boat from where I took off from? Seems pretty ridiculous that there isn’t a fix. I realize my issue from a boat is limited to a small group, but what about motocross? What about skiers? What about bicyclist? There has to be something because this affects more than just a small few.
2019-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules