air encoder error 0x4800000
4207 9 2018-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dalycalif
lvl.1
United States

I have had trouble with the gimbal on my Mavic Platinum Pro before. I sent it in for repair. Periodically since then I've had minor transmission lapses where I lose the picture and the camera seems to tilt. I bring it down and all's fine. Last week I updated the AC firmware, flew a few test runs and all was fine. Today I could not get a picture at all. It was as though I had  a lens cap on. Message read: Air encoder error 0x4800000. I couldn't access the video camera or any of the the manual settings. I tried to activate the gimbal and got nothing. I'm now trying a "refresh" of the update. The first time through, it failed after 45 minutes. Now I'm at 80% after an hour. Can you provide any insight please?

2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. You've mentioned about the refresh steps, are you using the DJI Assistant 2? If yes, I would recommend restoring factory defaults as well using the same application. Would it be possible if you can provide a screenshot of this? May I know if the aircraft experienced an incident? Please let us know on the latest progress. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-17
Use props
dalycalif
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-17 16:17
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. You've mentioned about the refresh steps, are you using the DJI Assistant 2? If yes, I would recommend restoring factory defaults as well using the same application. Would it be possible if you can provide a screenshot of this? May I know if the aircraft experienced an incident? Please let us know on the latest progress. Thank you for the support.

I have called DJI support and went thru many alternatives. It was suggested I send it in for repair. It is now enroute.  Hope to get this resolved soon. Thank you.
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dalycalif Posted at 2018-10-17 19:24
I have called DJI support and went thru many alternatives. It was suggested I send it in for repair. It is now enroute.  Hope to get this resolved soon. Thank you.

Thanks for the clarification. Please kindly send the unit in at your earliest convenience, the local team will do damage assessment and offer you a proper solution once they received the package. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us.
2018-10-18
Use props
Luke Shaw
New

I am having the same issue, purchased my Mavic pro platinum brand new, followed the instructions for setting up, once I connected it to the app I noticed I had a black screen with no camera view, then noticed the air encoder error (0x4800000), I am also having issues with the drone detecting the factory and additional sd cards, when I click format sd card it comes up with no as card.
I have no control over the camera though it does go through it’s sequence when the drone is turned on.
2019-9-28
Use props
Abri Soliven Estrada Lumbres
New

2019-10-9
Use props
fans2a0f17e4
lvl.1

Chile

I have the same problem with my mavic pro platinum... after the actualization of the firmware and app
2019-12-15
Use props
fans782e7dc3
lvl.1

United States

Luke Shaw Posted at 2019-9-28 21:59
I am having the same issue, purchased my Mavic pro platinum brand new, followed the instructions for setting up, once I connected it to the app I noticed I had a black screen with no camera view, then noticed the air encoder error (0x4800000), I am also having issues with the drone detecting the factory and additional sd cards, when I click format sd card it comes up with no as card.
I have no control over the camera though it does go through it’s sequence when the drone is turned on.

I am having the same indications after having forgotten to remove the transport clip from the gimbal.  Were you able to fix this yourself?  If no what did the repair cost?  Thanks
2020-8-6
Use props
fans782e7dc3
lvl.1

United States

Also Assistant 2 different no longer recognizes the drone.
2020-8-6
Use props
fans782e7dc3
lvl.1

United States

I didn't realize it, but Assistant 2 not recognizing the drone started after the firmware update.
2020-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules