ESC Error with Repaired Inspire 2 - Motors Shut Down on Takeoff
1519 5 2018-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1027539 ft

My Inspire 2 fell out of the sky in August because the arm rotated in flight, causing a prop to break against the rear battery. See my original post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-162694-1-1.html
Even though this was a product malfuction, I paid out of pocket to have my DJI Inspire 2 repaired. My Inspire 2 was repaired and sent back to me the first week of September. The next week, I had a shoot with a production crew and a long shot list with a tight deadline. My Inspire 2 started getting ESC Errors and acting up. The crew was getting frustrated with me because I kept delaying time on the shoot to recalibrate the compass and restarting the drone because of the ESC Errors. Upon takeoff, the Inspire 2 motors would cut out suddently while barely lifting off the ground. I was embarrassed as a exec from Sony kept wondering what the problem was. We had another Inspire 2 available, the problem was the second Inspire 2 was not reliable either since the last firmware and it would drift erratically. I finished the job, but I don't think they will be calling me back to work ever again. Thanks, DJI!

I reported to DJI's management of the issues I was having. They advised me to send the drone back to them for testing and further repairs. I advised DJI that the Inspire 2 errors came up randomly and one or two flight test would not be sufficient. I requested that DJI would not send my drone if they didn't do thorough testing and analysis. Well, they only did a firmware upgrade and nothing else. Yesterday was the first day I used my Inspire 2 and it worked fine. Today was a different story. The ESC Errors came back and so did the random motor shut off during take off. When the aircraft finally made it in the air, the Inspire 2 thought I was going to land and a landing message came up on the DJI GO app. When the battery was running low, I tried to land and the landing gear would not come down. I did not want my X7 camera to get damaged so I to do a hand catch in order to land safely.

I wish DJI would take more pride in their products and customer service. Their technology is awesome, their quality control sucks and so does their customer service.

2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi mattv, sorry to know the issue persists and the unfortunate experience with our repair center, we have escalated your concern again to the higher team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you, hope the issue will be sorted out this time.
2018-10-16
Use props
mattv
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-16 04:43
Hi mattv, sorry to know the issue persists and the unfortunate experience with our repair center, we have escalated your concern again to the higher team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you, hope the issue will be sorted out this time.

DJI Mindy,

I still have not heard from DJI. DJI was supposed to send me a expedited shipping label yesterday to send my Inspire 2 back. It was never emailed to me.

Please make this right. As a loyal customer of DJI, I expect better service.
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mattv Posted at 2018-10-16 11:37
DJI Mindy,

I still have not heard from DJI. DJI was supposed to send me a expedited shipping label yesterday to send my Inspire 2 back. It was never emailed to me.

Your case is following up by the higher level. The team will contact you through phone or email very soon, please wait a moment, thank you.
2018-10-17
Use props
mattv
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy,

Finally was emailed today to send the Inspire 2 back. Thank you.
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mattv Posted at 2018-10-17 17:01
DJI Mindy,

Finally was emailed today to send the Inspire 2 back. Thank you.

You are welcome, hope everything will be sorted out this time.
2018-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules