10414 28 2018-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ianza
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200374 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hi!
I have a DJI Mavic Pro. I bought it in Dubai and have registered it with UAE General Civil Aviation Authority.

But now I am taking it to India and as an Indian citizen, I can register it for for importing. But for that, the first step is to get an ETA as I understood from the new rules. I have registered in their website, but i cannot find the ETA model there for mavic pro or any dji drones.
I am quoting below from the website:

Entities that intend on importing Drones into India shall first have to obtain an Equipment Type Approval (“ETA”) from the Wireless Planning and Coordination (“WPC”) wing of India’s Department of Telecommunication (“DoT”) for operating Drones in de-licensed frequency bands. The manufacturer or importer of a drone needs to make sure that the product’s communication frequency has received a clearance to operate from the Department of Telecom’s (DoT’s) Wireless Planning Commission (WPC), referred to as an Equipment Type Approval (ETA). While you as an operator do not have to approach the WPC to get a clearance, the manufacturer of your drone has to. If your drone does not have an ETA, send in a request to the manufacturer of your drone, as this is going to stop any legal flying you are going to do, regardless of which category your drone falls under.

I then tried selecting "add ETA model" , I am not sure what options to go forward from that step, what to select in the following :

Equipment category:
Equipment type:
Min Freq. (MHz) :        Max Freq. (MHz) :       
Emission :       
RF Power (dBw) :       
Tolerance :

Funny rules!!

Much thanks,

2018-10-16
Use props
ianza
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200374 ft
United Arab Emirates

Details of the new rules :IMPORT OF DRONES

The Drone Policy now allows for the import of Drones albeit with certain regulatory requirements in place. Entities that intend on importing Drones into India shall first have to obtain an Equipment Type Approval (“ETA”) from the Wireless Planning and Coordination (“WPC”) wing of India’s Department of Telecommunication (“DoT”) for operating Drones in de-licensed frequency bands. De-licensed frequency bands are low frequency bands, which for instance, facilitate communication between connected vehicles in the automotive industry. Drones will now also run on such de-licensed frequency bands.

On obtaining the ETAs, the importers are then required to obtain import clearance from the DGCA. Details of the Drone, including the maximum All-Up-Weight, maximum height attainable, foreign manufacturer details, purpose of operations and security clearance (along with other details) are to be provided. Such details shall be vetted by the DGCA and on case-to-case basis, the DGCA shall accordingly provide the import clearance. Based on the import clearance received from the DGCA, the Director General of Foreign Trade (“DGFT”) shall subsequently issue the license for the import of the Drones.

Only on obtaining the clearance from DGCA and the license from DGFT can the importers then proceed to obtaining a unique identification number (“UIN”) and unmanned aircraft operator permits (“UAOP”) which are necessary to fly / operate the drone. Processes for obtaining UIN and UAOP are detailed below.

However, there is no specific approval process or time-line provided within which the WPC, DGCA and DGFT shall provide the necessary import clearances. Also, it is unclear whether the import clearances would be linked to the online Digital Sky Platform. Thus, there remains ambiguity with respect to the time / effort that may be required for obtaining such clearances.

However, importers of Nano sized drones are exempt from DGCA and DGFT import clearances.

2018-10-16
Use props
vimostechnocrat
New

India

how to get eta in india
2019-1-4
Use props
anshbikram
New

India

You can find existing ETA from below link. I have found ETA for mavic mini models MT1SD25 and MT1SS5

https\://saralsanchar.gov.in/wpc_eta_report.php

There is also option to apply for a new one for other models in the same link (different tab).
2020-2-9
Use props
djiuser_ildMwgcYinYE
New

United Kingdom

HI @anshbikram .. Can you please mail me or attach the ETA for MT1SS5 here please.
I am planning to get Mavic Mini in UK  which is MT1SS5. And i need the eta to get it back to home. Kindly help
Thanks you so much in advance
2020-5-28
Use props
Prasad89
New

India

Any updates on Mavic Mini 2 ETA Approval Document?
2020-11-25
Use props
djiuser_1zXJctsVOZ9T
New

India

Hi
I am planning to import dji mini 2 from Dubai to india and I need an ETA for same, can anyone help me on how to move ahead?
2020-12-21
Use props
ac325
New

United Kingdom

Can anybody please share the ETA for Mini 2?
2020-12-24
Use props
ac325
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_ildMwgcYinYE Posted at 5-28 02:24
HI @anshbikram .. Can you please mail me or attach the ETA for MT1SS5 here please.
I am planning to get Mavic Mini in UK  which is MT1SS5. And i need the eta to get it back to home. Kindly help
Thanks you so much in advance

Hope you got it already.
2020-12-24
Use props
djiuser_Z6ntHGwEml6Q
New

India

Prasad89 Posted at 2020-11-25 04:15
Any updates on Mavic Mini 2 ETA Approval Document?

I also want
2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_Z6ntHGwEml6Q
New

India

ac325 Posted at 2020-12-24 09:30
Can anybody please share the ETA for Mini 2?

Have you got it bro
2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_Z6ntHGwEml6Q
New

India

djiuser_1zXJctsVOZ9T Posted at 2020-12-21 06:32
Hi
I am planning to import dji mini 2 from Dubai to india and I need an ETA for same, can anyone help me on how to move ahead?

Have you got ETA
2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_Z6ntHGwEml6Q
New

India

djiuser_Z6ntHGwEml6Q Posted at 1-5 22:41
Have you got ETA

Have you got
2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_rw9NdC28IFBc
New

India

I'm looking for mavic mini 2 ETA papers so i can get mine. Any help regarding it?
2021-1-24
Use props
vindows18
New

India

Can anyone help me to get an ETA for DJI MAVIC AIR 2 ? I already have ordered but the package got stuck with customs. So I would require to complete the process of getting clearance from wpc/DGFT.
Please help me.
2021-1-29
Use props
Sumit Jain
lvl.1

India

vindows18 Posted at 1-29 09:49
Can anyone help me to get an ETA for DJI MAVIC AIR 2 ? I already have ordered but the package got stuck with customs. So I would require to complete the process of getting clearance from wpc/DGFT.
Please help me.

Hi All, So let me clear off all the doubts and make it easy for everyone to complete the process.

1. ETA (Equipment Type Approval Certificate) is provided by WPC Wing, DOT (Department of Telecommunication)

A). ETA form (submitted to local RLO - Regional Licensing. Officer)
B) Product RF Test Report. available for download on their website. dji.com/euro-compliance/
C) Product Specs and Manual/Catalog - available for download on their website for each category.
D) Self Declaration (ETA) for application with details for your use, address, and registration, and undertaking that you have applied to only their particular RLO.
E) Authorisation letter from manufacturer to apply for Drone Registration to be submitted.  (This one we need from DJI). This can be a simple format of your drone details and authorization that you have purchased from DJI and all the product catalog/manual and specs as specified with the product.
F) A payment of Rs. 10,000/- to. bharatkosh.gov.in and attach the receipt in the application to your respective RLO. (under Ministry TELECOMMUNICATIONS) and purpose ETA.

Getting an ETA takes at least 30 days from RLO. WPC Wing, DOT.

2. Import Security Clearance ( A security clearance from DGCA)
This process is easy as DJI does not need to provide anything and you will need to fill in all the details and submit a Self Declaration Form and Product Details to their website esahaj.gov.in. This one requires no payment and totally online.
(If a company, then Company PAN CARD AND Incorporation certificate along with TAN.)

3.. Import Licence from DGFT
This one we will get once we submit a copy. of ETA and Security Clearance from DGCA. A copy of this also requires. all the product Details, Invoices, and Bank Statment/Credit Card (from where you purchased). be attached in their form. They. send you Import clearance and then you can import the drone.

4. for Drone Registration
you can go to digitalsky.dgca.gov.in and apply with all details and payment of Rs. 1000/-  to Bharat Kosh under Ministry Civil Aviation and Tourism, ETA. The digital sky comunication is. the last but very easy as they guide you step by step (also for NPNT category drones.)

So, in short, we need an "Authorisation letter from manufacturer to apply for Drone Registration" to be submitted.. and that you have to apply as per your case. I have got all documents so far except this one. ;)

My email is summitgamesentertainmentatgmaildotcom reach me if you need any assistance.
2021-2-2
Use props
djiuser_4ZkErA4AOWXm
New

India

Hi,
Can anyone help me out with dji mavic mini 2 eta, I'm trying to import one from Canada. My mail id is afthabhere4u@ymail.com
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_MTcwARMHUxrv
New

United States

Did anyone have ETA for DJI Mini 2 yet. Is there any online process in place to get this?
2021-3-27
Use props
djiuser_fOvIv6Pp6gpR
New

Canada

djiuser_MTcwARMHUxrv Posted at 3-27 16:09
Did anyone have ETA for DJI Mini 2 yet. Is there any online process in place to get this?

hi have u found the ETA FOR DJI mini drone 2
2021-6-30
Use props
djiuser_fOvIv6Pp6gpR
New

Canada

djiuser_MTcwARMHUxrv Posted at 3-27 16:09
hey did you manage to get a copy of the dji mini 2
ETA
2021-6-30
Use props
djiuser_fOvIv6Pp6gpR
New

Canada

Hi

Did u get the ETA
2021-7-2
Use props
djiuser_fOvIv6Pp6gpR
New

Canada

Hi

Did u get the ETA
2021-7-2
Use props
djiuser_kiumwypUMyE3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 147280 ft
United States

Sumit Jain Posted at 2-2 12:07
Hi All, So let me clear off all the doubts and make it easy for everyone to complete the process.

1. ETA (Equipment Type Approval Certificate) is provided by WPC Wing, DOT (Department of Telecommunication)

Hello,
I have DJI mini 2 in US, i am planning to visit INDIA and want to take my mini along with me for a short vacation of 20 days. I spoke to custom people at Airport they are asking for ETA to operate the drone in India or to cross the customs. Can u plz help me as how to handle this ...I have my flight 2mrow to India from USA.   
2021-11-10
Use props
qwezxc
New

United States

djiuser_kiumwypUMyE3 Posted at 11-10 23:45
Hello,
I have DJI mini 2 in US, i am planning to visit INDIA and want to take my mini along with me for a short vacation of 20 days. I spoke to custom people at Airport they are asking for ETA to operate the drone in India or to cross the customs. Can u plz help me as how to handle this ...I have my flight 2mrow to India from USA.

Hey did it work out? Were you able to import your drone mini2 to India? Why did you require ETA for a nano drone? Any info will be much appreciated
2021-11-27
Use props
arm_11
lvl.1

Costa Rica

djiuser_kiumwypUMyE3 Posted at 2021-11-10 23:45
Hello,

Were you able to travel without any issues?
i am still trying to find the ETA certificate for DJI mini 2.
2022-2-12
Use props
djiuser_J0NxNbeefhsX
lvl.1

United States

Hi I am looking for DJI Mavic 3 classic's ETA, I believe Mavic 3 ETA should work  as its of same spec
2022-12-21
Use props
Syed Faiez Qadr
New

Japan

Hi
I am planning to buy a DJI mini 3 pro in japan and take it back to India. Can someone please tell me if i have to get an ETA to take it back to India and if i have to kindly tell me how to get it. Kindly reply ASAP as I am going back this week.
2023-4-25
Use props
GowthamMS
lvl.1

India

I need ETA for DJI Mini 3 pro can some one pls help?

My contact number is 9940424392
2023-10-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

GowthamMS Posted at 10-11 00:36
I need ETA for DJI Mini 3 pro can some one pls help?

My contact number is 9940424392

Hi there. According to India's Import Policy, Drones are 'prohibited' except for R&D and defense use. There are no DJI Authorized Retail Stores in India to sell drones. Simple consultations are available but aftersales repair service cannot be provided. Hope for your understanding and patience.
2023-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules