Test the latest DJI Inspire 2 firmware and win DJI Credit!
14392 234 2018-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rogercphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1419459 ft
United Kingdom

I would do this
2018-10-30
Use props
vanzyl
lvl.3
South Africa

Hi Dji, For me the .0300 beta is perfectly stable.  
The errors you have listed are not what we were worried about -  but  the I2 is now flying perfectly stable.  Slight movement a very light breeze.
The main thing is the jerks of the gimbal during RTH are gone, landing gear is stable, not false moves, RTH is done well, with gear lowering at the right time.  We do  not use x5s or x7 as cannot comment on high-end movie side.
We use second gimbal with thermal vuepro640 and that is working exceptionally well.  Would LIKE to have the I2 RC frequency fixed to 2.4GHz and not shift to 5.8 automatically - now tried to fix it manually to a channel in 2.4G range and it looks as if it stays there which is also now very good.
We moved to ipad pro as well and the time to take-off is MUCH faster than with any of the samsung phones we tried.  The apple experience IMHO is much better all round - no hassles with the USB cable ( which was ALWAYS a problem with samsungs, got about 12 different cables - so the result is that we think it is the USB iplementation on samsung side which is the hassle.  Never consistent, "now you see it now you dont"
Thanks for the .0300 beta, in my case perfect.

2018-10-30
Use props
Mike9129
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

gersphoto.orange Posted at 2018-10-27 02:05
no no no... just have a look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ_pHCxu6xI&t=6s

this is the exact situation I have with .200 with the jumping around, tho mine doesn't seem to drift in terms of heading so much.

some things never change I guess
2018-10-31
Use props
AeroMovie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Today finally no wind. There I could finally test how still the I2 stands with the beta. It is definitely better than the .100 version and much better than the .200 version. I am already happy with that. The I2 is now only from time to time minimal up and down gone.  If you can still get a handle on that, it's a good I2 firmware.  

2018-11-1
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

Can't send the data, problem with the phone number ???
2018-11-1
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

gersphoto.orange Posted at 11-1 09:55
Can't send the data, problem with the phone number ???
[view_image]

If this is a beta problem you need to send them an email, but if you’ve successfully calibrated all the sensors and it turns out to be a hardware problem then you need to send it in.
2018-11-1
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

I had the same problem with .100 firmware
2018-11-3
Use props
AeroMovie
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

yesterday I was flying around with the Beta .300 for testing.  
Quick Spin now works without any problems for me.
Stability is already much better than with the version .100 or .200. Unfortunately the height is not so good yet. The I2 always goes a bit up and down when hovering. This could be even better. Otherwise I have noticed no more mistakes, from the old problems.
2018-11-3
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

Send data to DJI... waiting for informations
2018-11-4
Use props
Elizabeth Black
lvl.1

massimiliano maestroni Posted at 10-17 11:29
Done!hi i can't read release note

me too! can't find the solution!!
2018-11-5
Use props
FanOfFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

I’m going to reverse my opinion on this beta.   
Had a chance to do some more serious filming with a purpose and I found the .300 flight stability not acepable.  

Also the camera gimbal movements are still very reactive and jerky and do not seem to be effectively influenced by the expo curves, Smoothnes or speed settings properly.  

Camera yaw drift got even worse than my earlier flights where it now rocking left and right gentle but very visable

I also was getting battery voltage errors and GO4 instructed me to land. Luckily it was after takeoff  and I was only a few feet off the ground.  

Over all this beta seems troubled still

Not to mention no one from the DJI team has even watched the videos from my last report, thanks YouTube for the view counters so I know for sure they have not viewed it.

Is anyone getting any feedback from DJI after they provide feedback and logs on issues?

2018-11-5
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

Try new flight and always the same issue... Toilet bowl
2018-11-7
Use props
djiuser_hAtkwxX4v09A
New

Mexico

Incredible shots, we are definitely living the golden age of the aerial shots, now with the help of the drones there is no comparison with the shots of yesteryear, especially these shots of Norway remind me of the game ofClash Royale, or any other video game where see the aerial shots.
2018-11-7
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

FanOfFlight Posted at 11-5 07:05
I’m going to reverse my opinion on this beta.   
Had a chance to do some more serious filming with a purpose and I found the .300 flight stability not acepable.  

The only feedback I’ve received from DJI is from here on this forum from DJI Mindy. I too don’t know if they have viewed my flight logs I’ve uploaded to Dropbox. Is there any way of determining if they’ve downloaded them?
2018-11-7
Use props
AeroMovie
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

I did inspection flights with the I2 and the Beta .300. Altogether we had 1 hour and 46 minutes flight time.  The positive first. The I2 had no problems flying. Now the negative. Unfortunately we had many problems with the video transmission. There are still too many picture transmission errors present. Partly the Gimbal Operator could not control the Gimbal any more, because the video transmission was too bad (the picture was good with the pilot). Even after a complete restart, the image transmission to the 2 RC remote control was no longer usable.  Fortunately this happened only with the last flight, before true is always picture misfire.  For testing I flew a Phantom 4 Pro again (the double distance) and I had no problems with the image transmission, not a drop-out was to be seen.

The following mistakes occurred:
1. the DJI Go 4.0 app crashed in flight (Hardware CrystalSky Ultra)
2. complete failure of the 2 RC remote control for the gimbal (picture transmission)
3. very many video transmission dropouts

It was positive that the I2 floated relatively stable in the air at one position.
Since I flew with the P4 Pro in the same places again (twice as far away) without image transmission error, it can only be due to the I2 (software).

No feedback from DJI Beta Team yet. But didn't anybody say that you got a feedback or?

I would be more interested in the following:
DJI writes "DJI Advises Customers To Fly With Caution When Using TB50 And TB55 Batteries In Drones" is this also valid for Beta .300?
2018-11-8
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mh, rather concerning reading these reports.
Its been what, 3-4 months with essentially broken firmware for the I2?
On my last commercial shoot with the inspire 2, using the V100 firmware (since v200 is a mess) I could not get a single good shot.
Signal cut out after like 100m distance to I2, very wierd.
We wanted to film a Van and use the I2  to Fly with it (I sat in the car) and use Spotlight Pro on the Van. I use Crystal Sky too.

Literally 15 seconds of getting into the van the signal cut out COMPLETELY. I could see the drone through the window, maybe 70 meters away.

I got out of the Van, signal returned but every time I flew a bit further away from me the signal got so bad I could not see what it was filming. The shoot was a fail and no decent footage was taken.
I checked antennas, I checked in the app signal strength was which was good.
Due to the nature of the shoot we did this in the middle of nowhere, literally, no houses, no wifi no antennas absolutely nothing. Just landscape.
If I would have had a Mavic or Phantom it would fly MILES before even dropping a single frame.
In fact, my Phantom 2  a 6 year old drone with a tiny 500mw transmitter has around 2 mile range before signal cuts out.
I took the I2 to a different location. I re-paired the controller to the drone and it seems to have increased signal. But not greatly.
2018-11-8
Use props
IntrepidDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3620226 ft
Australia

I lost my i2 in New Zealand thanks to these connectivity issues. But as the aircraft was 2 months outside warranty they refused to help me.  I had no choice but to purchase a new one. Thankfully so far no major issues apart from teh usual firmware problems, gimbal drift, compass errors etc, etc
2018-11-8
Use props
AeroMovie
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

IntrepidDrone Posted at 11-8 20:39
I lost my i2 in New Zealand thanks to these connectivity issues. But as the aircraft was 2 months outside warranty they refused to help me.  I had no choice but to purchase a new one. Thankfully so far no major issues apart from teh usual firmware problems, gimbal drift, compass errors etc, etc

So because of the video transmission problems, you can't lose an I2. The radio connection from the RC remote control is there. Therefore you can also trigger Coming Home without video transmission or if the I2 has no connection to the RC remote control, the I2 should come back automatically, if you have set everything correctly in the App.
2018-11-8
Use props
massimiliano maestroni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 201752 ft
Italy

Same problem here. I tried with rc original and 1 rc modded i extend the range from 600 mt /800mt to.. 1200 mt.
2018-11-8
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

IntrepidDrone Posted at 11-8 20:39
I lost my i2 in New Zealand thanks to these connectivity issues. But as the aircraft was 2 months outside warranty they refused to help me.  I had no choice but to purchase a new one. Thankfully so far no major issues apart from teh usual firmware problems, gimbal drift, compass errors etc, etc

I’m very sorry for your loss. Please can you add more details about the event, anything to warn users about? Was in auto flight mode or controlled flight ? RTH settings? Any flight log? Screen device used version? Remote? Firmwares? Any Screen shots? Thanks in advance !!!
2018-11-8
Use props
DaBone
lvl.3

Sweden

FanOfFlight Posted at 11-5 07:05
I’m going to reverse my opinion on this beta.   

No, they have not respond to anything. Not to me or the company where I bought my drone.
2018-11-9
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

I have the impression that the new firmware masks the problems in DJI GO but they are still present on the Inspire 2
2018-11-10
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Could I please be sent the Beta to test, I have a shoot this Thursday and would like to test it a day before... I have banding in video and have seen errors in landing gear lately.. I have rolled back to firmware .100 to remove banding before but then have problems with horizon drift and other gimble problems that seemed to be fixed in .200
I sent an email requesting Beta .300 last week but no reply...
2018-11-11
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Argentina

Skyris Posted at 11-11 13:52
Could I please be sent the Beta to test, I have a shoot this Thursday and would like to test it a day before... I have banding in video and have seen errors in landing gear lately.. I have rolled back to firmware .100 to remove banding before but then have problems with horizon drift and other gimble problems that seemed to be fixed in .200
I sent an email requesting Beta .300 last week but no reply...

The firmware its available via assistant 2 , automatically appears as a normal update,  if the testers pool its already complete you'll have to wait, I think its going to be out soon, since its working almost alright, and fixed many issues of past firms...
2018-11-11
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nicksons Posted at 11-11 20:23
The firmware its available via assistant 2 , automatically appears as a normal update,  if the testers pool its already complete you'll have to wait, I think its going to be out soon, since its working almost alright, and fixed many issues of past firms...

I checked assistnt last week but was not there, just received an email from DJI so hoping they have added me to the list.
2018-11-12
Use props
IntrepidDrone
lvl.4
Australia

AeroMovie Posted at 11-8 23:00
So because of the video transmission problems, you can't lose an I2. The radio connection from the RC remote control is there. Therefore you can also trigger Coming Home without video transmission or if the I2 has no connection to the RC remote control, the I2 should come back automatically, if you have set everything correctly in the App.

I am a professional drone pilot with a lot of experience so I know the ropes very well and fly on a daily basis. I lost the aircraft due to magnetic interference/connectivity issues, I never mentioned video transmission loss as a cause. Of course you couldnt lose one because of that alone.  No functions no response and no return to home.  
2018-11-12
Use props
IntrepidDrone
lvl.4
Australia

Nicksons Posted at 11-8 23:48
I’m very sorry for your loss. Please can you add more details about the event, anything to warn users about? Was in auto flight mode or controlled flight ? RTH settings? Any flight log? Screen device used version? Remote? Firmwares? Any Screen shots? Thanks in advance !!!

Thanks mate, was a tough one. Nothing to warn users about really, (firmware v.0100). I think it was just unfortunate and based on the location.
I lost it due to magnetic interference/connectivity issues which is a little different to the usual signal/video feed dropouts.  I fly professionally, and as a result fly on a very regular basis. Generally the usual connectivity issues occur sporadically but this was very different. Aircraft did not respond to commands and no functions including return to home. It actually flew away from me and out of line of sight and as it turned out... landed itself in 400 mtrs + of ice cold water so was unretrievable. My brother in law is an enviro engineer and he said they have had issues with compass malfunctions in this locale, which unfortunately I didn't know about in advance.  

As the aircraft was 2 months outside of warranty Dji would not do anything for me. Had to fork out for a brand new one in time for the next assignment in Tonga, which was a hard one to swallow. Was not a happy camper. On the upside, the new aircraft seems to have had a few revisions and it appears more stable, no prop issues etc.  I got the cendence this time with the high gain antenna, and it has been solid as a rock out in Tonga for 3 weeks. That doesn't help my bank balance though.
2018-11-12
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

Next to unexpected bugs, there is one imprtant feature that is not sorted out in  .300 firmware, despite it seems as easy task for DJI -  PLEASE make it possible again to set RTH ALTITUDE GREATER THEN 50m!
Inspire 2 is produced and sold as capable of RTH on any altitude that could be set manually in the app - safety of my operations strongly depends on such feature that is ruined sometime during spring 2018.. I do not have idea why did DJI decide to limit RTH altitude at only 20-50m, which is much much below altitude that I need on many of my scenes - I film bridges and buildings that are more often then not 150m tall - and I do not want to depend on sensors and optical avoidance to miss bridge frames, steel cables and other installations around the buildings. So, DJI please make RTH work again as it supposed to - without 50m altitude limit!
2018-11-12
Use props
AeroMovie
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DrMrdalj Posted at 11-12 10:16
Next to unexpected bugs, there is one imprtant feature that is not sorted out in  .300 firmware, despite it seems as easy task for DJI -  PLEASE make it possible again to set RTH ALTITUDE GREATER THEN 50m!
Inspire 2 is produced and sold as capable of RTH on any altitude that could be set manually in the app - safety of my operations strongly depends on such feature that is ruined sometime during spring 2018.. I do not have idea why did DJI decide to limit RTH altitude at only 20-50m, which is much much below altitude that I need on many of my scenes - I film bridges and buildings that are more often then not 150m tall - and I do not want to depend on sensors and optical avoidance to miss bridge frames, steel cables and other installations around the buildings. So, DJI please make RTH work again as it supposed to - without 50m altitude limit!

I can set in the Beta .300 RTH from 20 to 500m. But you have to watch what Maximun Altitude you have set. If you have set Maximun Altitude to 100m, RTH cannot be set higher than 100m. For information only.
2018-11-13
Use props
AeroMovie
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Unfortunately I still have the problem that the gimbal with the X5s on the nick axis is still running, so it doesn't stop at the point. Everything that can be calibrated I did, nothing helped.  

See video.
2018-11-13
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

AeroMovie Posted at 11-13 02:34
I can set in the Beta .300 RTH from 20 to 500m. But you have to watch what Maximun Altitude you have set. If you have set Maximun Altitude to 100m, RTH cannot be set higher than 100m. For information only.

Thanks for the input, I am aware of that. Still there was genuine problem that I reported per procedure to DJI beta team.
2018-11-13
Use props
FanOfFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

AeroMovie Posted at 11-13 03:52
Unfortunately I still have the problem that the gimbal with the X5s on the nick axis is still running, so it doesn't stop at the point. Everything that can be calibrated I did, nothing helped.  

See video.

I have the same movement as yours but flips on the axis.  The way your camera movement is up and down mine does right to left and your right to left and its sharp stopping, its the way mine moves up and down.
2018-11-13
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Argentina

DrMrdalj Posted at 11-13 12:46
Thanks for the input, I am aware of that. Still there was genuine problem that I reported per procedure to DJI beta team.

Its very strange, Im able to set to 500 meters with no problem on .300, you tried other device ? Or even reinstall App?
2018-11-13
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

Unfortunately I still have the problem that the gimbal with the X5s on the nick axis is still running, so it doesn't stop at the point. Everything that can be calibrated I did, nothing helped.  

See video.

Just wondering if you've adjusted the smoothness and other settings in the gimbal advanced menu?

It looks like the horozontal movement is really harsh and needs smoothing but the vertical movement is fine apart from the unwanted movement after it stops.

It's interesting that the unwanted movement is in the opposite direction to the intended direction, like the gimbal is trying to correct itself.

Really hope DJI look into this before they make the FW public.

Thanks for sharing the video!
2018-11-13
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

See video.

Could you please show us your gimbal's setting ?
2018-11-14
Use props
ClearBluePhoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4498074 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just updated from .100 directly to .300 and it's not showing an update for my cedence controller, seems odd but wondering if anyone can confirm that this is the case?
2018-11-14
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

Normaly you do have a beta firmware for your cendence
2018-11-14
Use props
massimiliano maestroni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 201752 ft
Italy

Hi mindy! Can you give us some info about delivering of the new official firmware? How many time we must w8 for our bird? Tnx
2018-11-14
Use props
Klayk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26263 ft
United States

IntrepidDrone Posted at 11-12 06:55
Thanks mate, was a tough one. Nothing to warn users about really, (firmware v.0100). I think it was just unfortunate and based on the location.
I lost it due to magnetic interference/connectivity issues which is a little different to the usual signal/video feed dropouts.  I fly professionally, and as a result fly on a very regular basis. Generally the usual connectivity issues occur sporadically but this was very different. Aircraft did not respond to commands and no functions including return to home. It actually flew away from me and out of line of sight and as it turned out... landed itself in 400 mtrs + of ice cold water so was unretrievable. My brother in law is an enviro engineer and he said they have had issues with compass malfunctions in this locale, which unfortunately I didn't know about in advance.  

IntrepidDrone ... I assume you don't run with insurance?  I ask since I have been using Droneinsurance.com and it would have covered that ... or so they say.   VS DJI Care refresh that requires a carcass.
2018-11-14
Use props
AeroMovie
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

gersphoto.orange Posted at 11-14 02:10
Could you please show us your gimbal's setting ?

ScreenShot Camera Gimbal Advanced Settings Beta .300 (CrystalSky)
Camera Gimbal Advanced Settings.png
2018-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules