Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best Video Editing Software
2674 29 2018-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1Eagle
First Officer
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

Hey all you video nuts, what is the best video editing software for a windows computer and why?
Looking forward to all the great answers...........

2018-10-16
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

Sony Vegas Pro 15 64 bits , because it is a professional Sony software and i use it for years (Now owned Sony  .. long time ago Sonic foundry )
2018-10-16
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

the best . if you do a good search you can find it for free ( Cracked and patched)
2018-10-16
Use props
BeastMaster_101
First Officer
Flight distance : 1082992 ft

Davinci Resolve, its free and its very very powerful, you can color grade way more in depth than you can with premier pro which is the golden standard.
2018-10-16
Use props
Drone Coach
lvl.1

I use CyberLink and find it super easy to use. They also have a suite you can purchase that will cover everything you need for editing both photos and videos
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. Hope you'll get the best recommendation on third parties software where you can edit video from our valued customers. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-16
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is no best video editing application. You can find a list of commonly used video editing applications here.
2018-10-16
Use props
1Eagle
First Officer
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-10-16 14:17
There is no best video editing application. You can find a list of commonly used video editing applications here.

Thanks msinger, that's an awesome list.
2018-10-16
Use props
Spacetrakker
Captain
Flight distance : 115384 ft

Corel Video Studio 2018 Pro or Ultimate  is also good value for money.
2018-10-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

msinger Posted at 2018-10-16 14:17

I completely agree. The best video editing package depends upon how powerful your computer is, how much you are prepared to spend, and most importantly, how much time you are prepared to invest in learning how the editor works. While my choice is Resolve, I have the paid for version, a very powerful computer and the benefit of learning many editing packages over the years, beginning with the very first computer editor.
2018-10-16
Use props
1Eagle
First Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-10-16 19:15
I completely agree. The best video editing package depends upon how powerful your computer is, how much you are prepared to spend, and most importantly, how much time you are prepared to invest in learning how the editor works. While my choice is Resolve, I have the paid for version, a very powerful computer and the benefit of learning many editing packages over the years, beginning with the very first computer editor.

I understand that there is no "best". I was just looking for opinions. I think this is helpful for anyone who reads this thread. I am a newb and looking for something cheap and simple to start. Thanks for all your input and I hope this thread continues for a while. Like I said I think it is a valuable topic.
Fly safe everyone.
2018-10-17
Use props
Jake Billing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1291263 ft
Germany

Adobe Premier Pro! All of my YouTube videos are edited in this application, all 555 of them!
2018-10-23
Use props
tjalex
Captain
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

I use windows movie maker. it is free. sometime i use videopad video editor. it is free too..
2018-11-2
Use props
1Eagle
First Officer
United States

tjalex Posted at 11-2 13:52
I use windows movie maker. it is free. sometime i use videopad video editor. it is free too..

Ii used to use Windows Movie Maker. It was very easy and had many features. But, they stopped making it. You can't get it for download anymore. If you do it's a bogus version. Can't risk it on my work computer.
2018-11-2
Use props
tjalex
Captain
  • >>>
Chile

1Eagle Posted at 11-2 14:54
Ii used to use Windows Movie Maker. It was very easy and had many features. But, they stopped making it. You can't get it for download anymore. If you do it's a bogus version. Can't risk it on my work computer.

no no.. the do have free version. there are some sites.. giving it for free. the old ones. you can type in google and download for free..windows movie maker.
2018-11-3
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

tjalex Posted at 11-3 06:12
no no.. the do have free version. there are some sites.. giving it for free. the old ones. you can type in google and download for free..windows movie maker.

Got a link?

I tried finding the Microsoft version online and was never able to track it down. As far as I know, all of the versions posted online are not the official Microsoft application (as @1Eagle explained above).
2018-11-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iMovies = free and very easy.
2018-11-3
Use props
tjalex
Captain
  • >>>
Chile

msinger Posted at 11-3 07:07
Got a link?

I tried finding the Microsoft version online and was never able to track it down. As far as I know, all of the versions posted online are not the official Microsoft application (as @1Eagle explained above).

I will sent the link..wait..https://windows-movie-maker.en.softonic.com/
i am using this..
2018-11-6
Use props
tjalex
Captain
  • >>>
Chile

A CW Posted at 11-3 07:20
iMovies = free and very easy.

Thanks for sharing. i will try it soon.
2018-11-6
Use props
tjalex
Captain
  • >>>
Chile

1Eagle Posted at 11-2 14:54
Ii used to use Windows Movie Maker. It was very easy and had many features. But, they stopped making it. You can't get it for download anymore. If you do it's a bogus version. Can't risk it on my work computer.

https://windows-movie-maker.en.softonic.com/
try this.. i am using it. so far no problems
2018-11-6
Use props
tjalex
Captain
  • >>>
Chile

Jake Billing Posted at 10-23 03:40
Adobe Premier Pro! All of my YouTube videos are edited in this application, all 555 of them!

I cant afford to pay for the premiere. i know it is the best..thanks
2018-11-6
Use props
tjalex
Captain
  • >>>
Chile

Spacetrakker Posted at 10-16 18:35

Thanks for sharing.
2018-11-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tjalex Posted at 11-6 12:40
Thanks for sharing. i will try it soon.

Worth giving it a try - not the best but the fact it's free makes it a good option.
2018-11-6
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

tjalex Posted at 11-6 12:39
I will sent the link..wait..https://windows-movie-maker.en.softonic.com/
i am using this..

FYI, the English version of Windows Essentials 2012 can be downloaded here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en ... d-811e-9d8c98e8f872
2018-11-7
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Netherlands

Note there are basically TWO versions of Windows Movie Maker ...

The simple version which I use ... Windows  Live Movie Maker ...

and ...

the more advanced time line / framed version ...  Windows Movie Maker 2.6 (search for this one as its basically free !!) and later updated versions which are no longer officially free.

If you search online program resources such as Softonic etc. - you can download NCH Suite in parts .. free and very powerful - you just select the programs you want and confirm you are a non commercial user. It has very similar style to all the framed based editors and like them - takes a little effort to learn.

You can of course also download highlight based editors from many sources ... DJI ... Soloshot ... GoPro etc.  These basically analyse your video and auto create a highlighted version but still with editable properties.

It all depends on whether you want simple or willing to learn to extract more effects ..

Nigel
2018-11-7
Use props
1Eagle
First Officer
United States

Wow, thanks for all the great suggestions. As I am just getting started with video editing I will keep it simple to start with. Also this is for the company I work for and IT is a real B_tch. I can't just download stuff on my computer. Don't have admin privileges. ARRRRRRR
2018-11-7
Use props
Razgriz1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181322 ft
United States

I've used Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Creator, and Sony Vegas, and each one has its features.

I find that I use Adobe the most, simply because it's what I trained on, and it does everything I need it to do (for better or for worse). It's expensive, there's a ton of resources online to learn features...I simply have to go to Youtube if I have trouble figuring out something.

Avid is amazing, especially if you have a ton of footage. It really makes organization easier, but it's a lot different from Adobe, at least in my opinion. I still haven't learned it as well as I should, and since I video edit as part of my day job, I usually don't have the time necessary to play around with a new system with looming deadlines.

Vegas is great, nice and simple and pretty affordable.

I really don't think there is a "best" per se...I think it's more about how much money you want to spend, how much effort you want to put in. If you are just wanting to edit video, all of them will do the job. So will DaVinci, and that's free...but just keep in mind, no software product is going to be perfect. Before you spend any money though, make sure you take advantage of free trials...and if you are in school, take advantage of education pricing. I work at a university and was able to get Avid and Adobe significantly cheaper.
2018-11-7
Use props
tjalex
Captain
  • >>>
Chile

solentlife Posted at 11-7 04:25
Note there are basically TWO versions of Windows Movie Maker ...

The simple version which I use ... Windows  Live Movie Maker ...

Thanks for the informations. thanks for sharing.
2018-11-9
Use props
NM_Quad
Second Officer
United States

Spacetrakker Posted at 10-16 18:35

I also use Corel Video Studio 2018 Pro and like it.  Works the way I think I guess.
2018-11-9
Use props
Amynguyen102
lvl.1

Vietnam

We use [url=http://video.beatcolor.om]Adobe Premier proAdobe Premier pro[/url] and After Effect

2018-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules