New drone
891 10 2018-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
COPILOT VATER
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30046 ft
United States

Ian fixing to purchase a new phantom 4 pro but wanting the phantom 4 pro v. 02 the only thing I see is different is the blades and I have a pair of the quiet Blade should I get the phantom 4 pro and save two hundred dollars
2018-10-16
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I would. The p4p v2 has no major advantage over the p4p except the slight sound difference.
To be honest i see no advantage in it only being a fraction quieter its still noisey no matter what blades you put on it.
2018-10-16
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft

The only other different features that I know of besides the "quieter" props is the regular P4Pro has lightbridge and the v02 has Occusync which I believe is supposed to help it get better range.  One other feature I believe is the v02 is able to output 1080p to the controller, the regular P4P can only do 720p to the controller monitor I think. If I had to choose I would most like just stick with the regular P4P, the extra options arent really worth the extra money to me.
2018-10-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14237874 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe the main difference is that the P4PV2 uses OcuSync whereas the V1 uses Lightbridge and the ESC's have been upgraded too. That said, the difference is more of a refresh than an upgrade. Note that DJI have officially discontinued the V1 though and a Phantom 5 may be on the table soon...
2018-10-16
Use props
COPILOT VATER
lvl.3
United States

I seeing a lots of firmware isusse on the pro v. 02 I guess it new but I think Ian going to stick with the phantom 4 pro know less firmware isuss
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You can use our drone comparison to see what are the differences in having a P4P and P4P v2. Please see the link below for your reference. Thank you for the support.

https://www.dji.com/products/compare-consumer-drones
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for the inquiry. The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 uses the same camera as the Phantom 4 Pro and is equipped with a 1-inch 20-megapixel sensor capable of shooting 4K/60fps video at 100Mbps. Also, like the Phantom 4 Pro, V2.0 features a 30-minute maximum flight time and 7-kilometer long-range control. The remote controller of the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 also supports 2.4 and 5.8GHz frequency switching, and a remote controller a with built-in screen is also available. Different from the Phantom 4 Pro, the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is equipped with an OcuSync transmission system, which allows the drone to connect to DJI Goggles wirelessly. The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 also features an upgraded propulsion system with FOC sinusoidal driver ESCs and 9455S quick-release propellers that reduce noise and make the drone more aerodynamic. *The remote controller of Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is not compatible with the Phantom 4 Pro, which uses Lightbridge transmission. Other accessories such as batteries, chargers, and ND filters are compatible with both the Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-10-16
Use props
COPILOT VATER
lvl.3

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-10-16 12:38
I would. The p4p v2 has no major advantage over the p4p except the slight sound difference.
To be honest i see no advantage in it only being a fraction quieter its still noisey no matter what blades you put on it.

thx for your info
2018-10-16
Use props
COPILOT VATER
lvl.3

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2018-10-16 12:51
The only other different features that I know of besides the "quieter" props is the regular P4Pro has lightbridge and the v02 has Occusync which I believe is supposed to help it get better range.  One other feature I believe is the v02 is able to output 1080p to the controller, the regular P4P can only do 720p to the controller monitor I think. If I had to choose I would most like just stick with the regular P4P, the extra options arent really worth the extra money to me.

thx for your info iam going with the phantom 4 pro no bugs in it for now
2018-10-16
Use props
COPILOT VATER
lvl.3

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2018-10-16 12:51
The only other different features that I know of besides the "quieter" props is the regular P4Pro has lightbridge and the v02 has Occusync which I believe is supposed to help it get better range.  One other feature I believe is the v02 is able to output 1080p to the controller, the regular P4P can only do 720p to the controller monitor I think. If I had to choose I would most like just stick with the regular P4P, the extra options arent really worth the extra money to me.

2018-10-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

COPILOT VATER Posted at 2018-10-16 16:33

Aloha CV,

DJI Does not sell the P4 Pro any more, only the P4 Pro V2.  But you can buy the remote controller and Phantom separately for $1750 and possibly not get the complete "in the box" inventory or the P4 Pro V2 for $1500 and get the complete "in the box" inventory.  

People used to complain about the P4 Pro, now they complain about the P4 Pro V2.  People are always going to complain.  It does not mean there are problems with the Phantom, just people having problems flying Phantoms.

When ever I have a problem with one of my DJI products, I fix it and everything works as designed.  If you do not want to fix problems, do not fly drones.  Even driving RC cars will require fixing problems.  I guess there is just no free ride!

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules