Drone Crashed and Sustainted Damage
1739 16 2018-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SamLovesPugs
Flight distance : 1401 ft

United States

Hey everyone,

Recenlty I purchased a DJI Spark, and two days after I recieved it I went for my second flight. As I was landing on my second flight, the drone hit a tree and fell 6-7 feet into the ground. I had so-so vision, and so rely on the sensors to tell me if the Drone is in front of the object or behind it, and as I was landing the drone gave me no such warnings. It just hit the tree than rolled over and crashed. It now says "Gimbal Gyroscope Error" and the front right arm is loose. Everything else is fine. I just shipped it in for service, but can't really afford to pay for any repairs over $30 (I'm only 15). Would DJI cover this under their warranty? If so, I'd be a DJI customer for life

Thanks,
Sam
2018-10-16
Use props
SamLovesPugs

United States

Also, case number here: CAS-2346651-D9H0B0
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Sam, sorry to the crash accident, upon checking the case, the drone hasn't been sent in, since you have applied the data analysis, our data analysis team will help to figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution, please send in at your most convenience first, thank you.
2018-10-16
Use props
SamLovesPugs

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-16 18:05
Hi Sam, sorry to the crash accident, upon checking the case, the drone hasn't been sent in, since you have applied the data analysis, our data analysis team will help to figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution, please send in at your most convenience first, thank you.

Yeah thanks Mindy! I just shipped it today. Here's the tracking info : 1ZX902W99090301545

I'm very happy with the DJI service i've gotten so far, I'll be recommending my older brother to DJI if this goes well!

Thanks,
Sam
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SamLovesPugs Posted at 2018-10-16 18:25
Yeah thanks Mindy! I just shipped it today. Here's the tracking info : 1ZX902W99090301545

I'm very happy with the DJI service i've gotten so far, I'll be recommending my older brother to DJI if this goes well!

Thanks for your support Sam, the repair center will help to get it sorted out, hope everything goes smoothly, if you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2018-10-16
Use props
SamLovesPugs

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-16 18:53
Thanks for your support Sam, the repair center will help to get it sorted out, hope everything goes smoothly, if you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Hey, the drone has been delivered and received it says!  
Here's the case number again: CAS-2346651-D9H0B0
Anything you could do would be very much appreciated!

Here is the picture of the tree; Tree it didn't detect.

As you can see, it has very dense brush around it.

Here is where I was standing:
Where I was

Thanks so much! I hope that this can all be resolved shortly and I can get back to flying
I'd like to tell everyone of DJI's great customer service!
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

SamLovesPugs Posted at 2018-10-23 09:07
Hey, the drone has been delivered and received it says!  
Here's the case number again: CAS-2346651-D9H0B0
Anything you could do would be very much appreciated!

Hi Sam, Thank you for these information. Please be informed that we have received the unit already and you will be receiving email notification once damaged assessed. The invoice will show you which parts of the drone needs to be repaired or to be replaced (if needed), but before they send you the invoice, we will be needing to conduct investigation with data analysis team to see if the warranty can be applied. We hope for your patience.
2018-10-23
Use props
SamLovesPugs

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-23 10:11
Hi Sam, Thank you for these information. Please be informed that we have received the unit already and you will be receiving email notification once damaged assessed. The invoice will show you which parts of the drone needs to be repaired or to be replaced (if needed), but before they send you the invoice, we will be needing to conduct investigation with data analysis team to see if the warranty can be applied. We hope for your patience.

Yes, please conduct the investigation! It'll show that it's covered under warranty. I feel so terrible, I've only had it for two days and then it crashes
I'm assuming that the repair will be free then, since it'll be covered under warranty. I took it to a local repair shop and he said he could fix it for $40 (Small body issue and loose gimbal wire), but most likely DJI will repair it for free because it's the drones error that it didn't detect anything with the sensors and to be nice (because I've only had it for two days and DJI wants to make brand loyalty) so I sent it in to you guys. I'm only 15, but i'll be sure to tell my dad to get one of these drones for Christmas, and my older brother, if this goes well (which i'm sure it will) !

Thanks!
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SamLovesPugs Posted at 2018-10-23 15:58
Yes, please conduct the investigation! It'll show that it's covered under warranty. I feel so terrible, I've only had it for two days and then it crashes
I'm assuming that the repair will be free then, since it'll be covered under warranty. I took it to a local repair shop and he said he could fix it for $40 (Small body issue and loose gimbal wire), but most likely DJI will repair it for free because it's the drones error that it didn't detect anything with the sensors and to be nice (because I've only had it for two days and DJI wants to make brand loyalty) so I sent it in to you guys. I'm only 15, but i'll be sure to tell my dad to get one of these drones for Christmas, and my older brother, if this goes well (which i'm sure it will) !

Hello Sam, whether it is a warranty case depends on the data analysis result, please kindly note and understand. For the case status, you may check on our website as well: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace Hope we can figure this out soon.
BTW, it is not recommended to repair at your end as it might void the warranty, thanks!
2018-10-24
Use props
SamLovesPugs

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-24 00:40
Hello Sam, whether it is a warranty case depends on the data analysis result, please kindly note and understand. For the case status, you may check on our website as well: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace Hope we can figure this out soon.
BTW, it is not recommended to repair at your end as it might void the warranty, thanks!

Hey, I just got the quote today, and needless to say I am furious. They quoted me $122, $65 of which is some "service charge". I could've had this repaired at my local Hobby Shop for $40, the whole reason I sent it in was because I thought it would be covered under warranty. I simply cannot afford the $122, and I've only had the drone for two days before it broke. This is very saddening and it's making me not respect DJI anymore. Is there anything that can be done? Please ask them to analyze the evidence some more, I'm sure it was the drones fault and not mine. It has sensors on the bottom of it, but it didn't detect a whole tree underneath it? I bought this drone because it helps people with disabilities to control it, because it has sensors, and when the sensors fail it's obvious that it'll crash. Please help me here.

Thanks,

Sam
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

SamLovesPugs Posted at 2018-10-25 14:56
Hey, I just got the quote today, and needless to say I am furious. They quoted me $122, $65 of which is some "service charge". I could've had this repaired at my local Hobby Shop for $40, the whole reason I sent it in was because I thought it would be covered under warranty. I simply cannot afford the $122, and I've only had the drone for two days before it broke. This is very saddening and it's making me not respect DJI anymore. Is there anything that can be done? Please ask them to analyze the evidence some more, I'm sure it was the drones fault and not mine. It has sensors on the bottom of it, but it didn't detect a whole tree underneath it? I bought this drone because it helps people with disabilities to control it, because it has sensors, and when the sensors fail it's obvious that it'll crash. Please help me here.

Thanks,

Hi Sam, sorry to read on this issue with your repair case. Upon checking on the result of the investigation, it appears that the unit was responsive and no malfunction found. Also they found user stick command error, that being said we will forward this to the higher team to do such re-investigation and help you on this matter. Kindly wait for them to contact you after 2 working days. We hope for your patience.
2018-10-25
Use props
SamLovesPugs

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-25 16:16
Hi Sam, sorry to read on this issue with your repair case. Upon checking on the result of the investigation, it appears that the unit was responsive and no malfunction found. Also they found user stick command error, that being said we will forward this to the higher team to do such re-investigation and help you on this matter. Kindly wait for them to contact you after 2 working days. We hope for your patience.

Yes, as I said before, I tried landing it because I believed it was in front of the tree. I pushed the lever down to make it go down, and the senors didn’t say anything about an object below it. I was there, and I know what happened.
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SamLovesPugs Posted at 2018-10-25 16:25
Yes, as I said before, I tried landing it because I believed it was in front of the tree. I pushed the lever down to make it go down, and the senors didn’t say anything about an object below it. I was there, and I know what happened.

Hi Sam, Diana has escalated your concern to the appropriate department to look into, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently for the further communication, thank you.
2018-10-26
Use props
SamLovesPugs

United States

Hey, I haven't heard back yet from you guys after I chatted with someone about a 50% discount to my quoted price. Here's my case number: CAS-2346651-D9H0B0.

Thank you.
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SamLovesPugs Posted at 11-5 21:30
Hey, I haven't heard back yet from you guys after I chatted with someone about a 50% discount to my quoted price. Here's my case number: CAS-2346651-D9H0B0.

Thank you.

Hi Sam, I see our manager has contacted you several days ago and came to an agreement, it seems you don't agree with the previous offer now, we will inform the higher team to contact you again about the further resolution, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-11-5
Use props
SamLovesPugs

United States

Hey, I received a call about it but couldn't answer as I was in class. Please call me again after 3:00.
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

SamLovesPugs Posted at 11-6 11:47
Hey, I received a call about it but couldn't answer as I was in class. Please call me again after 3:00.

Hi Sam, sorry about that. We will send a follow up request to the proper department. We hope for your patience.
2018-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules