Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Repair Service bad experiences
792 9 2018-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAndrea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 877388 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Good evening,
I'd like to know if I am the only one being ripped off by DJI *repair* Service.
Long story short, I have sent dozens of drones back for repair, in particular in the last months, 2x Phantom 4 PRO and 1x Mavic Pro.
The first Phantom came back with defective focus mechanism, so I had to send it back (and pay, again, the shipping fee)
The second Phantom with faulty GPS and Main Controller, same as above
Now, I sent a Mavic Pro, and the one I get back have a faulty camera that hits the shell REALLY HARD, as you can see (and hear) in the video.

In total, I payed 5 shipments for 3 drones, 6 if they tell me to ship the Mavic back again for *repair*, and hundreds of euros worth of repair services.

DJI Support on Facebook can't do much since I'm in EU, support.eu7@dji.com and support.eu9@dji.com take ages to reply to mail.

Since I am paying for all the repairs, I PRETEND to get a working drone back, also, why is there a step called test flight and quality control if you don't even test them before shipping?
Am I the only one that need to ship a drone twice (at least) to get it repaired?

Video
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... VQPBNOZ6G2abETCnPZ7

2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience, MAndrea. You're correct, our facility should've tested the unit and had it passed quality assessment prior to shipping the unit back to the customers. We'd like to check further your concern. Can you provide any case/ticket number we can refer to?
2018-10-17
Use props
MAndrea
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

CAS-2286085-X4Y3Z3 this is the Mavic, I'll send the other 2 asap, I don't have them on hand
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

MAndrea Posted at 2018-10-17 11:31
CAS-2286085-X4Y3Z3 this is the Mavic, I'll send the other 2 asap, I don't have them on hand

Thanks for the info. Can you verify if the contact details of the case is reachable? We have forwarded this to the higher team and they'll contact you soon to provide feedback.
2018-10-17
Use props
MAndrea
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

The mail address is correct, however I already forwarded a new phone number to your support team, but they called the old number.. does anyone even read the email?
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

MAndrea Posted at 2018-10-17 11:54
The mail address is correct, however I already forwarded a new phone number to your support team, but they called the old number.. does anyone even read the email?

I was able to locate the email thread. I've updated the info so you'll be contacted by the higher team with the provided number. Thanks for your patience.
2018-10-17
Use props
MAndrea
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

Got contacted via mail, but still waiting for a response.
Meanwhile, another Mavic came back defective, CAS-2238122-S5F6B1, camera hits the shell on startup, and gimbal resets/shakes during flight.
So, 5 faulty  units out of 5 in about 2 months... Bad luck or non-existent Quality Control?

CAS-2286085-X4Y3Z3 - Mavic Pro, the new unit camera is faulty, it hits on the shell very hard.
CAS-2202578-W6H8T0 - Phantom 4 PRO, new unit has camera focus issues, fixed it myself.
CAS-2331835-S4C7M4 - Phantom 4 PRO, new unit has GPS or Main Controller Malfunction (sent back, got "fixed" today, we'll see)
CAS-2179552-T3L6C2 - Phantom 4 PRO v2, arrived with broken gimbal lock and a cracks in one of the landing gear, fixed it myself.
CAS-2238122-S5F6B1, Mavic Pro, camera hits the shell on startup, and gimbal resets/shakes during flight.

Seriously, why did I even pay for those repairs?
2018-10-19
Use props
sackofnouns
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130604 ft

Ive been going through this with them since late August with the same issue on one drone. Sent it in 3 times and just got it back with the same thing. I have no idea what their service and repair department does but confirming repairs isnt high up there
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

MAndrea Posted at 2018-10-19 09:12
Got contacted via mail, but still waiting for a response.
Meanwhile, another Mavic came back defective, CAS-2238122-S5F6B1, camera hits the shell on startup, and gimbal resets/shakes during flight.
So, 5 faulty  units out of 5 in about 2 months... Bad luck or non-existent Quality Control?

Thanks for those info. I'm really sorry for all the trouble, MAndrea. Since this has been forwarded to the higher team, they'll look into it further and see what we can help. Thanks again for your patience.
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

sackofnouns Posted at 2018-10-19 09:56
Ive been going through this with them since late August with the same issue on one drone. Sent it in 3 times and just got it back with the same thing. I have no idea what their service and repair department does but confirming repairs isnt high up there

Hi Andrew, we've responded to your original post https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=169864. You may check it once you're avail. Thank you!
2018-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules