Second problem in 2 years!! Gimbal overload issue
1737 21 2018-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Justwanttofly!
lvl.2
Australia

Why are DJI so bad at service?

Is there a final fix to resolve the gimbal overload issue?
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the troubles with the gimbal, we would like to make a brief troubleshooting.
1. May I verify if the drone encounters any crash or hard landing?
2. When did the issue happen? Did you try to refresh the firmware?
3. Please remove the SD card to see if the error persists.
4. Then check if the gimbal can be rotated smoothly by hands. Will the gimbal's self-check successfully? Can the gimbal pitch be controlled by the Remote Controller?
5. Did you try the gimbal calibration?

2018-10-17
Use props
Justwanttofly!
lvl.2
Australia

Responses below.

1. May I verify if the drone encounters any crash or hard landing? None
2. When did the issue happen? Did you try to refresh the firmware? How can I refresh firmware? I tried to downgrade, it doesn't let me anymore, tried to reinstall firmware, that didn't help.  
3. Please remove the SD card to see if the error persists. Sure, will try. thank you.
4. Then check if the gimbal can be rotated smoothly by hands. Will the gimbal's self-check successfully? Can the gimbal pitch be controlled by the Remote Controller? Yes gimbal can be rotated by hand, yes gimbal can be controlled by remote controller. Video is extremely shaky.
5. Did you try the gimbal calibration? Yes, made no difference.
2018-10-17
Use props
Justwanttofly!
lvl.2
Australia

None of your solutions are working! Anything else!?
2018-10-18
Use props
Justwanttofly!
lvl.2
Australia

I count at least 25 gimbal overload issues posted on this forum since 2015!!!!  Questions below:
What is DJI doing about it??? @DJIMINDY
What testing have you done to FIX this ONGOING problem???
Consumer Affairs in Australia are very interested in this and I have spoken to them!!
What is the solution, please don't ask me if I crashed, if I calibrated, or other basic questions. Of course I tried everything to fix it myself.
Need the solution on your next response.  
2018-10-18
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Of course I tried everything to fix it myself.

Why not send it to repair?
2018-10-18
Use props
Justwanttofly!
lvl.2
Australia

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-10-18 17:05
Of course I tried everything to fix it myself.

Reasons below:
It needs a service pack/new version/hot fix, not a repair.
I don't trust DJI or postage services with my drone.
Gimbal overload has been a problem for 3 years.
I live in Australia.
I should not have to pay anything, (delivery/cost of repair or otherwise) for a systemic issue that has come about through normal use.
I have not crashed my drone.
This is the second 'grounding' issue in 2 years.
As a customer I do not have confidence in DJI support, OR DJI firmware upgrades.
Many other reasons not to send it in, too many to list.

Still no response from @DJI Mindy
2018-10-18
Use props
Justwanttofly!
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-17 20:12
Hi there, sorry for the troubles with the gimbal, we would like to make a brief troubleshooting.
1. May I verify if the drone encounters any crash or hard landing?
2. When did the issue happen? Did you try to refresh the firmware?

Hi DJI Mindy, any solutions here?  
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Justwanttofly! Posted at 2018-10-22 17:29
Hi DJI Mindy, any solutions here?

I'm so sorry for the late response, please reply directly to my post so that I can receive the notification and reply timely.
If the issue persists, the next suggestion would be sending in for further revaluation, please contact our support to start a ticket here: www.dji.com/support We apologize again for the unpleasant experience with our product.
2018-10-23
Use props
Justwanttofly!
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-23 03:09
I'm so sorry for the late response, please reply directly to my post so that I can receive the notification and reply timely.
If the issue persists, the next suggestion would be sending in for further revaluation, please contact our support to start a ticket here: www.dji.com/support We apologize again for the unpleasant experience with our product.

I prefer not to send in my P4 as this is very obviously a firmware issue. There have been other examples of gimbal failure in the forum. Can you please provide a universal fix or provide a firmware upgrade that will fix the bug. If I send this in I might get charged a fee unfairly by DJI.  
thanks
Michael
2018-10-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Justwanttofly! Posted at 2018-10-28 17:08
I prefer not to send in my P4 as this is very obviously a firmware issue. There have been other examples of gimbal failure in the forum. Can you please provide a universal fix or provide a firmware upgrade that will fix the bug. If I send this in I might get charged a fee unfairly by DJI.  
thanks
Michael

You have not provided any evidence that this is a firmware issue, and in fact I seriously doubt that it is a firmware problem. If fact you have not provided a video showing the problem at all. And it does no good threatening Consumer Affairs, as DJI is not a registered Australian company, so they have no leverage over them anyway.

You complain about DJI service, but in fact DJI service in Australia is very good. What do you want? Are you after a magical solution, because sending it to be repaired is the easiest way to solve the problem.

2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Justwanttofly! Posted at 2018-10-28 17:08
thanks
Michael

Michael, I understand your concern, but all the troubleshooting has been done remotely, the drone will need to be sent back for an evaluation by our repair center, thanks for your understanding.
2018-10-29
Use props
Justwanttofly!
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-10-28 18:02
You have not provided any evidence that this is a firmware issue, and in fact I seriously doubt that it is a firmware problem. If fact you have not provided a video showing the problem at all. And it does no good threatening Consumer Affairs, as DJI is not a registered Australian company, so they have no leverage over them anyway.

You complain about DJI service, but in fact DJI service in Australia is very good. What do you want? Are you after a magical solution, because sending it to be repaired is the easiest way to solve the problem.

I don't need to hear about another users experience. 'Service in Australia is very good' is purely based on your own standards and experience. Please prove that this is not a firmware problem?
My evidence is that I have not crashed it, I have simply used the drone in a very normal manner, and it has gone from working perfectly, to gimbal overload problem to no error message, to no response from gimbal. It now shows safe to fly while my gimbal faces down and does not respond. Unless you can provide me with a solution, there is no need for you to respond.
Thank you for asking what I want. I want to fly my expensive piece of equipment. Getting charged for this is madness.
PS. ACCC are interested, I asked them on the phone.
2018-10-29
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Justwanttofly! Posted at 2018-10-18 19:16
Reasons below:
It needs a service pack/new version/hot fix, not a repair.
I don't trust DJI or postage services with my drone.

Its not windows XP ya know.....

We can see you are a tad frustrated/angry (not sure which) but Geebax was trying to let you know what service over there is good in his experience, chopping the head of of someone that could possibly provide assistance in the future isnt the most prudent of actions.

Mindy has give you an answer, do you want it fixed or just keep moaning about how DJI are plotting against you and are going to take over the world?

You have your answer, Daniel Jackson. I suggest you act on it......
--------------------------------------------------Morgan Le Fay (SG1) S10. E03
2018-10-29
Use props
Justwanttofly!
lvl.2
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-10-29 20:24
Its not windows XP ya know.....

We can see you are a tad frustrated/angry (not sure which) but Geebax was trying to let you know what service over there is good in his experience, chopping the head of of someone that could possibly provide assistance in the future isnt the most prudent of actions.

Thank you for your contribution to my issue. Now you can go back to being smug.
2018-10-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Justwanttofly! Posted at 2018-10-29 21:17
Thank you for your contribution to my issue. Now you can go back to being smug.

Yet another smart asre comment. You will not get a lot of help from the DJI people on this forum, it mostly comes from experienced users, so blowing off Bashy and I is a dumb move.  We will now go away and leave you to sort it out by yourself. Have fun....
2018-10-29
Use props
Justwanttofly!
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-10-29 22:37
Yet another smart asre comment. You will not get a lot of help from the DJI people on this forum, it mostly comes from experienced users, so blowing off Bashy and I is a dumb move.  We will now go away and leave you to sort it out by yourself. Have fun....

Oh look online bullying is rife in this forum. Your foul language is not necessary and putrid!

You were definitely right about one thing, "you will not get a lot of help from the DJI people".

Frank Wang has made billions off consumers like you and I, we should be pushing for better not making excuses for them.  
2018-10-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Justwanttofly! Posted at 2018-10-30 18:49
Oh look online bullying is rife in this forum. Your foul language is not necessary and putrid!

You were definitely right about one thing, "you will not get a lot of help from the DJI people".

China is an emerging economy, and until very recently, companies there were crooks. Many still are, but are gradually learning that to do business with 'western' customers, that they will have to lift their game. DJI has come a long way in a short time, but it is hard to change entrenched practices. There have been many examples on here of people who had warranty experiences with DJI from Australia and were very well looked after. You don't even want to try that route, so not much more can be said.

This forum has DJI moderators, but none of them (as far as myself and other long-time members can see) have any experience with their own product. So it is left to the long-time members to provide assistance to help other members. However if, like you, you insist on p*ssing them off, you will get sweet f*** all help. There is no bullying, just blunt replies for those that deserve them.
2018-10-30
Use props
Justwanttofly!
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-10-30 19:29
China is an emerging economy, and until very recently, companies there were crooks. Many still are, but are gradually learning that to do business with 'western' customers, that they will have to lift their game. DJI has come a long way in a short time, but it is hard to change entrenched practices. There have been many examples on here of people who had warranty experiences with DJI from Australia and were very well looked after. You don't even want to try that route, so not much more can be said.

This forum has DJI moderators, but none of them (as far as myself and other long-time members can see) have any experience with their own product. So it is left to the long-time members to provide assistance to help other members. However if, like you, you insist on p*ssing them off, you will get sweet f*** all help. There is no bullying, just blunt replies for those that deserve them.

More unnecessary language... and more excuses why DJI don't need to provide customer service. I won't just go away, I'll stick around until my issue if fixed WITHOUT cost to me. If you are too inexperienced to resolve it, please don't respond.
2018-10-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If this is your  definition of bullying, you really shouldnt be using the internet,  but, seen as you are using it, you should also be aware then, that when one writes a post in a PUBLIC forum, one must expect other members of the public to reply,  what one must NOT do is to tell others NOT to post a reply in a public forum. You sir is expecting a free ride without the bumps a long the way, if you want it repaired, you must send it in sadly its gonna cost you as your drone is over 3 years old, also why didnt you get it repaired in the 1st year of ownership? but, last thought from me... You have tried refreshing the firmware using DJI Assistant havent you? i only ask because you said, and i quote "How can I refresh firmware?" that right there tells me you havent tried with the DJI Assistant, if not, why not?  

2018-10-30
Use props
Justwanttofly!
lvl.2
Australia

Bashy Posted at 10-30 20:43
If this is your  definition of bullying, you really shouldnt be using the internet,  but, seen as you are using it, you should also be aware then, that when one writes a post in a PUBLIC forum, one must expect other members of the public to reply,  what one must NOT do is to tell others NOT to post a reply in a public forum. You sir is expecting a free ride without the bumps a long the way, if you want it repaired, you must send it in sadly its gonna cost you as your drone is over 3 years old, also why didnt you get it repaired in the 1st year of ownership? but, last thought from me... You have tried refreshing the firmware using DJI Assistant havent you? i only ask because you said, and i quote "How can I refresh firmware?"  that right there tells me you havent tried with the DJI Assistant, if not, why not?

So if you and your buddy aren't bullying, and you are both too inexperienced to fix an issue, what is your purpose for trolling this forum? You're winning this you should definitely reply!
2018-11-2
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And on that note, im out.....
2018-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now