Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iOS&Android Screen Recorder Guide
15666 36 2018-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Guide for Screen Recording Machine Inspection on Mobile Phone
(Suitable for iOS & Android)

Method 1: Using the Screen Recorder Embedded in the Phone System

(1) Use Screen Recorder on iPhone

Screen Recorder for iPhone has been accessible with iOS system updated up to iOS 11. With only a few simple steps, you can add the screen recorder button to the menu bar and record everything shown on your mobile screen freely.

Step1. Add the button to the menu bar at the bottom of the screen
As it’s shown in the picture, click the buttons in sequence:
[Settings] – [Control Center] – [Customize Controls] - [Screen Recording]

Step2. Start recording and save it as a file
With a click of the button [Screen Recording], the Screen Recorder will start working after 3 seconds, and you can stop the recording after clicking it again. The recording video will be automatically saved as a file in Photos.
Settings.png Control Center.png Control Center Customize.png Screen Recording.png

(2) Use Screen Recorder on Samsung

Screen Recorder has been available on some Samsung Phone.

Step1. Click the button [Capture Screen] on the menu bar.
Capture Screen.png

(Take notice: Click the button in word but the one in picture)

Step2. Choose [Record Screen] to start screen recording.

Screen capture mode.png

(3) Use Screen Recorder on other Android Phones

With Android system updated up to version 5.0, Many of the Android phones already have embedded Screen Recorder.

Screen Recorder can be usually found at the top of the menu bar as the picture shows. Click the button to start recording and click it again to stop.
( Instruction above is for reference only as it depends on the model of your phone. Please refer to the instruction manual for the specific operation method.)

Embedded Screen Recorder on HUAWEI.png

(Embedded Screen Recorder on HUAWEI)

Method 2: Screen Record by the use of Screen Recorder APP

Recommended APP: ADV Screen Recorder (for reference only)

Description:ADV Screen Recorder is a professional screen recorder APP for Android. It is very easy to operate. The process of screen recording is smooth and doesn’t require many steps. With a click of the round button, you can start recording freely.

Download Channel: Google Play

Launch Overlay.png Start Record.png
Draw and Pause.png Stop Record.png

2018-10-17
Use props
MichealMedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179026 ft

So nice! Thank you!
2018-10-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Thank you for posting this. I was trying to figure how to do this last night.  
2018-10-18
Use props
Klaus W.
Captain
Flight distance : 118366 ft

Thank you!
2018-10-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very good info!
2018-10-18
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

Good info indeed
2018-10-18
Use props
Fre Mo
First Officer
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

Thanks I wondered how to do this!
2018-10-18
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
Flight distance : 12165479 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good info.

I use for Android DU screenrecorder, works great!

cheers
JJB
2018-10-18
Use props
Corvus monedula
First Officer
Flight distance : 3550594 ft
Poland

Not even remotely similar to what I have on my phone and tablet. For anyone using Xperia the way to access screen recording is to press and hold power button and then select “Take screenshot“ (or “Record screen“ to record video).
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Corvus monedula Posted at 2018-10-19 01:59
Not even remotely similar to what I have on my phone and tablet. For anyone using Xperia the way to access screen recording is to press and hold power button and then select “Take screenshot“ (or “Record screen“ to record video).

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Corvus. Hope this helps more users who have the same mobiles.
2018-10-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

I consider the video caching in the go 4 app as  a video backup to aid in possible fly away

the question is which method takes more iOS CPU and battery power... caching vs screen recording

any ideas?

the screen capture is great as it captures the 'interface' with all its warnings and indications which is much quicker and cleaner to get a quick playback of the flight vs downloading the telemetry and uploading to a site that can read it.

would be great is dji assistant would provide detailed flight analysis without having to jump through hoops.. unless I am missing a feature somewhere
2018-10-19
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Thanks for the information.
Now if I can only remember to use it while I am flying.
2018-10-20
Use props
IM35461
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is there an option to record the screen on my DJI CrystalSky?

It would be handy when reporting malfunctions during flights...
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 2018-10-19 04:20
I consider the video caching in the go 4 app as  a video backup to aid in possible fly away

the question is which method takes more iOS CPU and battery power... caching vs screen recording

Hi DeuceDriv3r. Sorry if this post confused you. This is related to the ongoing promotion of DJI Care Refresh and DJI Care Refresh +. An instruction how customers can record the screen of their mobile device for the video verification they need to submit. About your concern, we are always relying on the Flight Records/Data not just on videos to know the cause of every incident. Hope it clarifies the confusion
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

B1houdini Posted at 2018-10-20 14:00
Thanks for the information.
Now if I can only remember to use it while I am flying.

Hi B1houdini, I believe your point is same as reply #11. Please see reply #14 for clarification that this post is related to the ongoing DJI Care Refresh and DJI Care Refresh + promotion. Thanks for the support!
2018-10-22
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-22 15:23
Hi DeuceDriv3r. Sorry if this post confused you. This is related to the ongoing promotion of DJI Care Refresh and DJI Care Refresh +. An instruction how customers can record the screen of their mobile device for the video verification they need to submit. About your concern, we are always relying on the Flight Records/Data not just on videos to know the cause of every incident. Hope it clarifies the confusion

oh there was no confusion ....

its a valid question..

the only reason I would want the video recorded to my iPhone would be to use it to help locate said drone if it didn't return with the CF card

so I can either cache just the video using the DJI go 4 app... and that uses processing power and likely processing threads that are shared with actually running the app..

or i can record the entire telemetry screen with all that data... I am sure screen capture is a lower priority thread in iOS for processor time so perhaps not glitching DJI GO4 as much...

would be an interesting study to see which performs better...
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

IM35461 Posted at 2018-10-21 03:05
Is there an option to record the screen on my DJI CrystalSky?

Hi IM35461, since CrystalSky doesn't have any application like Play Store where you can download a third party app, you may need to record the screen manually using a different device. That's what you can do if you're concerned about submitting the video verification for the DJI Care Refresh and DJI Care Refresh + promotion. If not, you may rely on reply #14 for clarification. Thanks for your support as well!
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 2018-10-22 15:28
oh there was no confusion ....

its a valid question..

Thanks for confirming, DeuceDriv3r. If recording the telemetry is the concern, the DJI Go 4 records that and save it under your app's Flight Records.It records not just the telemetry but also other status of the unit while in flight, including the stick commands. You may check this link for the Flight Record info: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... +Tutorials+V1.0.pdf
2018-10-22
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-22 16:24
Thanks for confirming, DeuceDriv3r. If recording the telemetry is the concern, the DJI Go 4 records that and save it under your app's Flight Records.It records not just the telemetry but also other status of the unit while in flight, including the stick commands. You may check this link for the Flight Record info: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI+Support/Flight+Controller+Data+Analysis+Series+Tutorials+V1.0.pdf

yes.. I know that as well

question still stands to any iOS developer that has dev tools to confirm

processor overhead

interrupts

memory usage

and perhaps wait states of DJI GO 4

between letting DJI GO 4 cache video vs using iOS built in screen capture software...

again... not being a 12yo girl I generally don't have a need for social media posts thus do nothing with the cached video other than delete it once the drone is down since I have no need for it..

having the video with telemetry on it would at least be a useful tool to review a flight etc..

2018-10-23
Use props
peterjobs1
New

India

Photos and pictures play a very important role in our lives. They are those glimpses of our past which we want to cherish and keep with our selves for the rest of our lives.  
2018-10-23
Use props
IM35461
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-22 15:29
Hi IM35461, since CrystalSky doesn't have any application like Play Store where you can download a third party app, you may need to record the screen manually using a different device. That's what you can do if you're concerned about submitting the video verification for the DJI Care Refresh and DJI Care Refresh + promotion. If not, you may rely on reply #14 for clarification. Thanks for your support as well!

Hi, not after making a claim but just helping tracking down issues e.g. in this situation where CrystalSky thought my craft was over 400' away and 84' high. Well that is where it was when it started to play up reporting full signals etc and even the image updating sometimes...

It is difficult to get good results trying to take pictures of the screen
2018-10-23
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
United States

peterjobs1 Posted at 2018-10-23 11:56
Photos and pictures play a very important role in our lives. They are those glimpses of our past which we want to cherish and keep with our selves for the rest of our lives.

yep.. and that is why I use the full quality video and pictures off the SD card and not the pulsating, pixilated, dropout jerky video of the DJI GO 4 cache...

just saying...
2018-10-23
Use props
Schmooit
Captain
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great little guide good work!
2018-10-25
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-10-18 23:49
Good info.

I use for Android DU screenrecorder, works great!

Same here  
2018-10-28
Use props
rarevfx_official
Second Officer
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

Edit for DJI:
Samsung S9+ User here - theres no build in screen recording function anymore.
2018-10-29
Use props
Chipke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2668323 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

IM35461 Posted at 2018-10-21 03:05
Is there an option to record the screen on my DJI CrystalSky?

I try some Screen Recorders on my CrystalSky and after it, horrible lagging of video and I dont suggest to do this by 3rd party apps.
2018-10-30
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Good and useful information.  Thank you.
2018-10-30
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Thanks for the info. Very useful.
2018-11-1
Use props
xagoras
Captain
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

Would be nice if DJI was to release a nice little app optimized for this job, that wouldn't consume a lot of resourses during flight. Anyway, thanks for the info.
2018-11-2
Use props
shjs
New

United States

Its quite useful,  Thanks. After updation I am facing outlook data file cannot be accessed, I have tried couple of solution but it still persist. share if there is any fix.

https://www.outlooktechnicalsupportnumbers.com/blog/how-to-fix-outlook-data-file-cannot-be-accessed/‌
2018-11-6
Use props
TateRB
New
Flight distance : 3448 ft
United States

xagoras Posted at 2018-11-2 15:32
Would be nice if DJI was to release a nice little app optimized for this job, that wouldn't consume a lot of resourses during flight. Anyway, thanks for the info.

Since DJI is already able to record the video from the screen, all that would be need is to capture the telemetry and map overlays, even if in a separate file. We could combine them in the editor later. That should reduce the amount of overhead is doing a complete screen recording.

I am new to the Crystalsky (5.5") so haven't found a way to record the screens for later reviews like I used to on my Android phone and haven't found a way to load the screen recorder app I used there (DU Record).

2019-1-10
Use props
Sally rkid
lvl.1

China

If you are on iOS, use the built-in recorder on iPhone or iPad. Here's a guide:https://www.tuneskit.com/record-screen/how-to-record-facetime.html
If you are on Mac, use QuickTime Player. No need to download and there's no watermark.
2019-12-4
Use props
echosmith
lvl.1

China

I choose to use Joyoshare Screen Recorder to record videos on my computer and then export them into my phone. This method releases me from endless troubles like I don't have to rack my brains on what and how to download a recording app or worry that my phone would be taken too much storage space. Joyoshare can record videos in HD quality and it has a wide range of video and audio formats that compatible to my phone. What's more, I can edit my recordings like cutting, adding my logo. You could visit them at https://www.joyoshare.com/screen-recorder-for-win if you would like to do recordings in this way as well.
2020-7-8
Use props
echosmith
lvl.1

China

Thanks for your considerate sharing.
2020-7-8
Use props
echosmith
lvl.1

China

Hope my reply could be helpful.
2020-7-8
Use props
Dimiter Kalyashki
New

Belgium

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-22 15:23
Hi DeuceDriv3r. Sorry if this post confused you. This is related to the ongoing promotion of DJI Care Refresh and DJI Care Refresh +. An instruction how customers can record the screen of their mobile device for the video verification they need to submit. About your concern, we are always relying on the Flight Records/Data not just on videos to know the cause of every incident. Hope it clarifies the confusion

Great, thx! +je
2021-4-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

You're most welcome, Dimiter. Feel free to have us back for other DJI-related inquiries. We'll try our best to help. Thank you.
2021-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules