Pixel 3 XL with DJI GO/Mavic Air
12Next >
17346 67 2018-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kgeissler
lvl.2
United States

My Pixel 2 XL works fine. Got my Pixel 3 XL and the controller won't talk with the phone. For some reason, the battery icon in the Pixel 3 blinks from charging to not charging, while connected to the controller. My Pixel 2 XL would charge from the controller just fine. Anyone else having issues?
2018-10-18
Use props
edcable
New
United States

I just purchased the Pixel 3 because I needed a new phone that wasn't out of memory and constantly dying to fly my drone with. I too am having issues trying to connect to the controller. The charging icon flashes as well and I just sit on Step 3 of trying to link with aircraft.
2018-10-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi kgeissler, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Thank you for your feedback. But the mobile device you used isn’t on our list of supported devices for DJI GO/DJI GO 4. As we haven’t tested its compatibility with our app, we cannot guarantee that it can work as intended and this may be the cause of the issue you previously mentioned. Pixel 2 XL is fully compatible and has already tested by our engineers. I will be providing some list of compatible phones below for your reference. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you.

2018-10-19
Use props
kgeissler
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-19 02:33
Hi kgeissler, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Thank you for your feedback. But the mobile device you used isn’t on our list of supported devices for DJI GO/DJI GO 4. As we haven’t tested its compatibility with our app, we cannot guarantee that it can work as intended and this may be the cause of the issue you previously mentioned. Pixel 2 XL is fully compatible and has already tested by our engineers. I will be providing some list of compatible phones below for your reference. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you.

[view_image]

I know this is the typical DJI response, but dont you think this would have been better.  "Sorry you are having problems with your Mavic Air.  The Pixel 3 XL is not on approved devices list.  Let me forward this info on to our engineers so they can hopefully find a solution and get your Pixel 3 working with our product"  ?
2018-10-19
Use props
djiuser_TKYoAWbOqYoV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39380 ft
United States

I can verify this is the exact same problem I'm running into pixel3 XL coming from an original pixel
2018-10-20
Use props
tpenrose
lvl.1
United States

This is an ongoing theme with DJI.  They could have easily reached out and acquired a Pixel 3 well before the launch date but they don't see a need.  They'd rather just make the users wait until they "eventually" come out with an update to fix the issue.

Meanwhile, from what I understand, the iPhone support is fantastic.

- frustrated user.
2018-10-20
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I learned a couple years ago to keep my old phones for this reason plus my wife uses iPhoneys when messing with DJI products.
2018-10-20
Use props
ak_foster
New

United States

I'm having the exact same issue with my new Pixel 3. I have reinstalled the DJI app 3 times because after the first reinstall, I was able to complete the setup, connect to the controller, and fly normally. Once I unplugged the phone from the controller and plugged it back in, it went back to flashing the battery icon and not talking to the controller.  Reinstalls since haven't worked.

Thought the remote controller doesn't work, I can still fly in WIFI mode. Which isn't ideal, but better than being completely unable to fly.
2018-10-20
Use props
kgeissler
lvl.2
United States

Is anyone having this problem with any combo other than the 3 XL/Mavic Air?
2018-10-21
Use props
fans05090d44
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82090 ft

I'm having the same problem. Pixel 3 XL and Mavic Air. Phone keeps flashing between charging and not while plugged into the controller.

When trying to connect to the aircraft using wired mode, I can't get past step 3 where it asks me to connect the phone to the RC using the cable even though it already is. Worked fine on my Pixel 2 XL.

I love having a $1000 paperweight sitting around waiting for DJI to fix one of the main Android phones.
2018-10-21
Use props
nnote
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

Amazingly, I for once am having an absolutely flawless experience on the Pixel 3.
Coming from the Nexus 6P where I hadn't been able to fly for months because of issues.
2018-10-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I heard that with the Pixel 3..
2018-10-21
Use props
kgeissler
lvl.2
United States

nnote Posted at 2018-10-21 15:06
Amazingly, I for once am having an absolutely flawless experience on the Pixel 3.
Coming from the Nexus 6P where I hadn't been able to fly for months because of issues.

Do you have the Pixel 3 or 3 XL?  What drone do you have?
2018-10-21
Use props
Alex Matravers
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Have you tried enabling the USB debugging? I had to do that on my Pixel 2 XL. Maybe its the same issue.
2018-10-22
Use props
kgeissler
lvl.2
United States

Alex Matravers Posted at 2018-10-22 11:09
Have you tried enabling the USB debugging? I had to do that on my Pixel 2 XL. Maybe its the same issue.

Tried that but it made no difference.
2018-10-22
Use props
Alex Matravers
lvl.4

United Kingdom

kgeissler Posted at 2018-10-22 11:19
Tried that but it made no difference.

Boo that sucks! I hope they figure it out soon for you!
2018-10-22
Use props
nnote
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

kgeissler Posted at 2018-10-21 16:37
Do you have the Pixel 3 or 3 XL?  What drone do you have?

Regular pixel 3, with a Mavic Pro.
2018-10-22
Use props
kgeissler
lvl.2
United States

I also tried the second USB port on the bottom of the controller and had the same problem. I believe this problem is unique to the Mavic Air.
2018-10-22
Use props
Kylosma
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1823327 ft
United States

I'm experiencing the same issue with my Pixel 3 XL and Mavic Air. I initially thought it was just the phone, but tried it with my Pixel 2 XL and still couldn't link with the aircraft. Decided to borrow an iPad mini to see if it was an issue with my controller but nope, worked just fine with the iPad.
2018-10-22
Use props
djiuser_0koBvxgTSDfF
New

United States

edcable@gmail.c Posted at 2018-10-18 21:44
I just purchased the Pixel 3 because I needed a new phone that wasn't out of memory and constantly dying to fly my drone with. I too am having issues trying to connect to the controller. The charging icon flashes as well and I just sit on Step 3 of trying to link with aircraft.

I'm having the EXACT same problem. Won't go past step 3.
2018-10-24
Use props
djiuser_ll8Tqe5A7x8Y
New

United States

I expect when I buy a very expensive drone that I would be able to use any flagship phone.  This is absolutely insane.  Now I own a paper weight.
2018-10-28
Use props
fansc9151728
New

Brazil

Same issue here, doesn't connect with controller. DJI please when are you going to fix this? Pixel 3 is the best phone in maket right now.
2018-11-4
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

fansc9151728 Posted at 11-4 07:05
Same issue here, doesn't connect with controller. DJI please when are you going to fix this? Pixel 3 is the best phone in maket right now.

This link might help. It's because the usb port on device is not set right and don't know what is connected.
Install-dji-go-on-an-android-tablet-or-phone.
2018-11-4
Use props
13Prost37
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148681 ft
United States

G_Sig Posted at 11-4 08:08
This link might help. It's because the usb port on device is not set right and don't know what is connected.
Install-dji-go-on-an-android-tablet-or-phone.

I tried everything in that but I'm still having the on-off charging and no connection issue.
2018-11-4
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

13Prost37 Posted at 11-4 10:38
I tried everything in that but I'm still having the on-off charging and no connection issue.

And same for both ports on controller? You should use the middle one.
Under debugging set USB debugging and Verify App over USB = ON.
2018-11-4
Use props
13Prost37
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148681 ft
United States

G_Sig Posted at 11-4 10:54
And same for both ports on controller? You should use the middle one.
Under debugging set USB debugging and Verify App over USB = ON.

Yes, both of those options are enabled, and it was both ports on the controller.

I also changed the default USB setting to MIDI, but still it just charges repeatedly.
2018-11-4
Use props
djiuser_1AQHKTRQ9WuY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14537 ft
India

Facing the exact same issue with my Pixel 3, my OG Pixel XL worked flawlessly with my Mavic Air now I cannot get past the Step 3 while syncing the RC and Phone. I have a vacation coming up, hope DJI fixes the issue soon.
2018-11-7
Use props
DrewBeer
New
United States

I also have the same problem didn't realize it until it was too late. wifi mode still worked and i got what i needed but disappointing that support for a flagship product isn't a priority.
2018-11-10
Use props
dan1385
lvl.1

United States

I have a Pixel 3 XL and am having the same issues. I've tried 4 different cables and both ports. I've got it to work 3 times but 2 were immediately after a restart and one was randomly using the USB A port. I can't get it to work anymore even after a restart. All the cables worked fine with my Pixel 1. It's a little frustrating that this isn't working. Hopefully DJI can get this going
2018-11-11
Use props
dan1385
lvl.1

United States

dan1385 Posted at 11-11 19:52
I have a Pixel 3 XL and am having the same issues. I've tried 4 different cables and both ports. I've got it to work 3 times but 2 were immediately after a restart and one was randomly using the USB A port. I can't get it to work anymore even after a restart. All the cables worked fine with my Pixel 1. It's a little frustrating that this isn't working. Hopefully DJI can get this going

I have a Mavic Air BTW
2018-11-11
Use props
Kmohib
lvl.2
Flight distance : 310486 ft
United States

Good news.. DJI says this will be fixed in the next app update. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1644947
2018-11-13
Use props
dan1385
lvl.1

United States

I just got updated to version 4.3.4. I'm not at home to try it out but has anyone gotten the update and tried it?
2018-11-14
Use props
dan1385
lvl.1

United States

I tried it with the new app today and unfortunately it hasn't been fixed
2018-11-14
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

I'm not sure if this will help you all, but it's something to try.....

See post #33 (mine) of this thread ....

Clicky Here
2018-11-14
Use props
djiuser_25FOGaz3SGeA
New

United States

I haven't been able to get my controller to work with Pixel 3 XL. I've tried most of the suggestions but no luck yet. I have to connect via WiFi which renders controller useless hoping for a fix soon
2018-11-15
Use props
idontknow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26978 ft
United States

White Ox Posted at 11-14 18:22
I'm not sure if this will help you all, but it's something to try.....

See post #33 (mine) of this thread ....

so this trick worked. WTF?

DJI, here's a clue on how to fix this!
2018-11-15
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3

United States

idontknow Posted at 11-15 16:38
so this trick worked. WTF?

DJI, here's a clue on how to fix this!

What is your Pixel 3 XL's current charge level?

If it's not 100%, I think the phone is trying to suck too many amps through the usb port and thus the controller is disconnecting from it due to thinking it's a short circuit.

Use my hack to get some flights under your belt and some time with your new bird...then charge both controller and phone to 100% and see if you can connect WITHOUT the 2nd charger setup.
2018-11-15
Use props
idontknow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26978 ft
United States

White Ox Posted at 11-15 16:43
What is your Pixel 3 XL's current charge level?

If it's not 100%, I think the phone is trying to suck too many amps through the usb port and thus the controller is disconnecting from it due to thinking it's a short circuit.

My phone is a Pixel 3, not 3XL...same difference. It was at around 70% charged?

Like others here, I had no problem flying the Air with the Pixel 2.

2018-11-16
Use props
dan1385
lvl.1

United States

The trick did not work for me. Also tried to do it with the controller fully charged and my Pixel 3 XL fully charged. No luck on that as well
2018-11-16
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3

United States

dan1385 Posted at 11-16 11:39
The trick did not work for me. Also tried to do it with the controller fully charged and my Pixel 3 XL fully charged. No luck on that as well

Are you getting a charge indication on your battery icon?
Have you enabled Developer Mode?
If you have DJI Go  4 open and the remote is connected to the bird, and you plug the cable from the LOWER PORT on the controller to the Pixel 3 XL, are you getting an Icon in the Status bar telling you that the USB cable was plugged in?
2018-11-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules