Pixel 3 XL with DJI GO/Mavic Air
17356 67 2018-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dan1385
lvl.1

United States

White Ox Posted at 11-16 13:26
Are you getting a charge indication on your battery icon?
Have you enabled Developer Mode?
If you have DJI Go  4 open and the remote is connected to the bird, and you plug the cable from the LOWER PORT on the controller to the Pixel 3 XL, are you getting an Icon in the Status bar telling you that the USB cable was plugged in?

Yes I'm getting the charging cycle the same as other's and before. Developer mode is on. No I don't get the notification saying it's plugged in when using that port. Just the same charging, not charging cycle
2018-11-17
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

With your Controller powered and connected to your bird, connect it to your phone and go into developer settings (make sure that they are turned on ( slider @ top right of screen inside "developer settings screen", scroll down and click on "Default USB Settings",  and see if you can select "MIDI".  If you can, give it a go and see what happens.  If you can't, report back.
2018-11-17
Use props
dan1385
lvl.1

United States

White Ox Posted at 11-17 10:49
With your Controller powered and connected to your bird, connect it to your phone and go into developer settings (make sure that they are turned on ( slider @ top right of screen inside "developer settings screen", scroll down and click on "Default USB Settings",  and see if you can select "MIDI".  If you can, give it a go and see what happens.  If you can't, report back.

Was able to change it to MIDI but it had no effect on the issue. Same problem still persists
2018-11-18
Use props
seojeff
lvl.1

United States

I'm having this same issue. I have tried all the tricks mentioned in this thread. That said, I did get it to connect yesterday by chance. When I started the app it required an update and somehow this allowed it to start properly and connect without the on/off/on/off charging issue. I was unable to reproduce this no matter how many times I tried. I guess we just have to wait for the app to get updated.
2018-11-19
Use props
djiuser_welHle7bt3Oa
New

Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-19 02:33
Hi kgeissler, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Thank you for your feedback. But the mobile device you used isn’t on our list of supported devices for DJI GO/DJI GO 4. As we haven’t tested its compatibility with our app, we cannot guarantee that it can work as intended and this may be the cause of the issue you previously mentioned. Pixel 2 XL is fully compatible and has already tested by our engineers. I will be providing some list of compatible phones below for your reference. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you.

[view_image]

Any idea when the Pixel 3 will be compatible ?
2018-11-24
Use props
djiuser_welHle7bt3Oa
New

Australia

Any idea when the app will updated ?
2018-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_welHle7bt3Oa Posted at 11-24 11:14
Any idea when the Pixel 3 will be compatible ?

Hi, currently we don't have any information with the compatibility of the Pixel 3. Kindly visit this webpage link and look for APP / LIVE VIEW section. Your patience is highly appreciated. Thank you.

2018-11-25
Use props
TheZero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2129 ft
Germany

I have exactly the same problem with a Pixel 3 and Mavic Air.
2018-11-25
Use props
TheZero
lvl.2
Germany

TheZero Posted at 11-25 07:42
I have exactly the same problem with a Pixel 3 and Mavic Air.

Oh, I forgot something else.
The DJI Go4 app is the current version 4.3.4
My Pixel 3 has Android 9 with the last security level
The charge indicator flashes while the controller is connected.
I have missed the following things:
- USB debugging
- USB Midi / PTP
- Micro USB port on the side and the normal USB port below
- disabled all cache features in the app
- Offline maps downloaded
- Pixel 3 in flight mode
- Disable App Notification for the DJI Go 4 App
- Battery optimization disabled for the DJI Go 4 app

If I manage to connect it once in 20 attempts, the app crashes while flying.
2018-11-25
Use props
djiuser_5soSVyrTYlNG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300272 ft
Puerto Rico

This same behavior occurs in my car headunit with android auto. The problem is the pixel.
2018-11-25
Use props
TheZero
lvl.2
Germany

I also use the Pixel 3 in the car with Android Auto and have no problems there.
At the beginning as Android 9 was rolled out, I also had problems with Android Auto with the Pixel 2. These were solved.
2018-11-26
Use props
abdonrd
New
Flight distance : 1827 ft
Spain

I have the same issue!
Mavic Air with the latest update and Google Pixel 3 with the latest update.
2018-12-2
Use props
Biogas Engineer
lvl.1
United States

Same Issue.  

Can get it to work if I charge the RC while connecting the phone with the bottom USB.  Have not tried flying it yet this way.  

Was able to get the updates for the Drone / RC.  This doesn't seem to help.

App version is 4.3.4

2018-12-3
Use props
ironsidephoto
New
Flight distance : 129688 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue. New Pixel 3 128GB (not XL version), brand new Mavic Air. Updated firmware on controller and Air via DJI Assistant 2 on Mac. Pixel 3 works on my Mavic Pro, but not Mavic Air. Older iPhone 6 and iPad Air also work with the Mavic Air. Tried USB debugging and changing to MIDI as well. DJI Go App 4.3.4. Tried both top and bottom port on controller, with different cables. Just getting the charging indicator going back and forth, on and off, with no connection to the app.

Extremely frustrating. Have a big trip coming up in 3 weeks, which is why I bought this smaller drone, and it won't work with my new phone.

Edit: I did find a sort of workaround. I plugged the phone into the bottom port of the controller, and then plugged in a small USB power bank into the top USB port to charge it while using. This allowed the phone to connect to the app and for the charge indicator cycling issue to stop. Obviously, this is EXTREMELY ANNOYING to have to bring a separate USB power bank just to plug into the controller while using the drone. I hope this gets fixed ASAP.
2018-12-4
Use props
idontknow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26978 ft
United States

ironsidephoto Posted at 12-4 07:25
I'm having the same issue. New Pixel 3 128GB (not XL version), brand new Mavic Air. Updated firmware on controller and Air via DJI Assistant 2 on Mac. Pixel 3 works on my Mavic Pro, but not Mavic Air. Older iPhone 6 and iPad Air also work with the Mavic Air. Tried USB debugging and changing to MIDI as well. DJI Go App 4.3.4. Tried both top and bottom port on controller, with different cables. Just getting the charging indicator going back and forth, on and off, with no connection to the app.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=2#pid1669081

Did you update your Pixel 3 to the latest December OTA? another user in another thread reported that the December patch fixed the connection problem with his Mavic Air. I also have the Pixel 3 and the December patch but haven't tried to connect  yet...will do so later today. Good luck!
2018-12-4
Use props
kgeissler
lvl.2
United States

idontknow Posted at 12-4 08:16
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=170783&page=2#pid1669081

Did you update your Pixel 3 to the latest December OTA? another user in another thread reported that the December patch fixed the connection problem with his Mavic Air. I also have the Pixel 3 and the December patch but haven't tried to connect  yet...will do so later today. Good luck!

I updated mine and it worked.  Phone connected and I took it for a short one minute flight and everything seem to work good,
2018-12-4
Use props
Biogas Engineer
lvl.1
United States

I was able to connect after my December update.  
2018-12-4
Use props
idontknow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26978 ft
United States

Biogas Engineer Posted at 12-4 16:38
I was able to connect after my December update.

same here! all is good.
2018-12-5
Use props
Christian Taillon
lvl.1

United States

Having the same issue here. :/
pixel 3
Us debugging on or off doesn't make a difference
2018-12-13
Use props
kgeissler
lvl.2
United States

Christian Taillon Posted at 12-13 14:44
Having the same issue here. :/
pixel 3
Us debugging on or off doesn't make a difference

Once you update to the December security update, the pixel 3 works fine with the Mavic Air
2018-12-13
Use props
mtarrago
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178973 ft
Spain

Good afternoon, I have the same problem as the Pixel, in my case it is a Xiaomi MI A2 with Android 9 Pie. I understand that the compatibility problem is due to this recent version of Android, for which DJI must solve this issue.

Xiaomi MI A2 and Air RC Issue
2018-12-17
Use props
josebttmania
lvl.1

Portugal

mtarrago Posted at 12-17 09:30
Good afternoon, I have the same problem as the Pixel, in my case it is a Xiaomi MI A2 with Android 9 Pie. I understand that the compatibility problem is due to this recent version of Android, for which DJI must solve this issue.

Xiaomi MI A2 and Air RC Issue

Hi, I own a Xiaomi A2 too and I can't link the remote to DJI go4 after I did oficial update my A2 to android 9.

Only a few Times I was manager to link the remote using the USB at the bottom!

I am very frustrated! My Next steep Will be connect the Mavic air remote to Windows 10 PC and check for firmware update!
2018-12-23
Use props
Jean2687
New

Dominican Republic

I have the same issue with my Google pixel 2 XL and battery icon keep blinking but won't connect, try several time to reinstall the app but it keep doing it.
2018-12-30
Use props
Jean2687
New

Dominican Republic

I have the same issue with my Google pixel 2 XL and battery icon keep blinking but won't connect, try several time to reinstall the app but it keep doing it.
2018-12-30
Use props
rjgust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1692005 ft
  • >>>
United States

kgeissler Posted at 2018-10-19 02:56
I know this is the typical DJI response, but dont you think this would have been better.  "Sorry you are having problems with your Mavic Air.  The Pixel 3 XL is not on approved devices list.  Let me forward this info on to our engineers so they can hopefully find a solution and get your Pixel 3 working with our product"  ?

This is still not resolved.  Guess I should have checked compatibility.  So disappointed right now.
2019-2-3
Use props
fans94fe7370
New
Flight distance : 7224 ft
Canada

I have this issue now and then. The solution is to enable USB debugging and set the Default USB configuration to USB tethering. Both options are available in the Developer options. It seems security updates to the OS will revert these settings.
2019-4-13
Use props
mrob907
New

United States

edcable@gmail.c Posted at 2018-10-18 21:44
I just purchased the Pixel 3 because I needed a new phone that wasn't out of memory and constantly dying to fly my drone with. I too am having issues trying to connect to the controller. The charging icon flashes as well and I just sit on Step 3 of trying to link with aircraft.

I am having this issue after a firmware update of the DJI app.  I'm using the pixel 3 and suddenly the controller would not connect to my phone.  Out of curiosity I turned the connection cable backwards in my phone and although it is USB c and can go in either way oh, when I placed it in the opposite direction it connected to the phone just fine.  

Figuring it was a bad cable I ordered a new one but this happens even with the new cable.  It does not connect when attached in the normal position that makes it easily usable with the holder at the bottom of the controller but when the USB cord is switch backwards it works just fine.

However I have been connecting V pixel 3 using the charging cable plugged into the regular USB 2.0 port in the bottom of the controller and that seems to work just fine also.
2020-3-23
Use props
djiuser_fVZfR2ReQYaU
lvl.1

Argentina

josebttmania Posted at 2018-12-23 11:34
Hi, I own a Xiaomi A2 too and I can't link the remote to DJI go4 after I did oficial update my A2 to android 9.

Only a few Times I was manager to link the remote using the USB at the bottom!

I'm having the same issue with my brand new mavic air 2 and my Xiaomi Mi A2. Have you mannaged to connect the RC to your Xiaomi?
2020-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules