Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Very disappointing warranty
522 9 2018-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scems911
lvl.1

United States

My Mavic Pro failed to RTH after losing connection with RC.  I uploaded my logs to DJI and was told that flight looked normal and there was no problem with the flight however the logs ended abruptly.  That's a ridiculous assessment as I told them that I watched the drone fly away after it lost connection and hovered briefly.  I was offered a 30% discount on a new one.   The aircraft malfunctioned plain and simple.  It should be covered 100% under warranty.  Still waiting for my drone to RTH.   Reading all the posts online this seems to happen to alot of people, we should start a class action!

Customer service is also extremely slow.   48 hours to answer an email is just wrong.   I use my drone for public safety operations, this process is too long.

I was proud to own a DJI drone until it didn't work as advertised and now DJI refuses to replace it under warranty.  Very disappointing.
2018-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi scems911, we're sorry to read the troubles. I have tried but failed to get the case number via the forum info, could you tell us your case number? We'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.
2018-10-18
Use props
scems911
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-18 19:13
Hi scems911, we're sorry to read the troubles. I have tried but failed to get the case number via the forum info, could you tell us your case number? We'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.

RE: CAS-2323869-Z1H1F1 CRM:0430000010679
2018-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

scems911 Posted at 2018-10-18 19:58
RE: CAS-2323869-Z1H1F1 CRM:0430000010679

Thanks for getting back to us. Upon checking the case you offered, the team has explained this clearly that the flight records interrupted suddenly, we cannot verify what happened after that. If you were recording the video when the accident happened, please kindly share with us, we'll forward to our engineers for double check, thanks!
2018-10-18
Use props
scems911
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-18 23:45
Thanks for getting back to us. Upon checking the case you offered, the team has explained this clearly that the flight records interrupted suddenly, we cannot verify what happened after that. If you were recording the video when the accident happened, please kindly share with us, we'll forward to our engineers for double check, thanks!

Thank you for the prompt reply. I very much appreciate that. And thank you for looking into it.

I feel as though if I was recording video customer service would simply tell me that my video ended abruptly. Though I do not have video to share, I'm not sure how that would help this case.

Page 13 of your user manual clearly speaks on the feature of failsafe RTH.  People such as myself buy DJI because of those types of safety features, we have a warm fuzzy feeling that our drone will return to us if it loses signal or if the battery gets too low.  My drone did not do that. It did not work as advertised. It was defective. Therefore the warranty should replace my drone for me because your product failed to operate as advertised.  It is pretty obvious that if the aircraft loses connection with the RC, that the flight log and or video would end abruptly.

Not to mention I live in a rural, remote area of New York State with only trees and a few houses around. I was less than a half a mile away with my drone, in line of sight, and the remote disconnected. I am not even mentioning the fact that the Drone is supposed to have approximately a 4-mile range.

I paid a lot of money for this aircraft, it did not operate as your instructions claim, I simply asked for a replacement of my drone. I even subscribe to DJI care, however I cannot find my drone to return it because it flew off.

It seems many people in this forum have had the same issue.  It is very unfortunate to see the DJI is not standing behind their product when it malfuctions, under warranty no less.

Thank you again for the prompt reply. I hope that you can assist me further.
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

scems911 Posted at 2018-10-19 02:40
Thank you for the prompt reply. I very much appreciate that. And thank you for looking into it.

I feel as though if I was recording video customer service would simply tell me that my video ended abruptly. Though I do not have video to share, I'm not sure how that would help this case.

I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience. The drone may not return due to many factors, we cannot verify whether it is the malfunction or not. Your case has been escalated to the management for further review. The team will check if there is anything else we can help and contact you during the working time.
2018-10-19
Use props
fans784e391d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 193845 ft

Oh my!
I have the same issue with suddenly interrupting connection.

Your case doesn’t give me any hope, please keep me updated how your case is going!
Keeping the finger crossed!
2018-10-19
Use props
scems911
lvl.1

United States

fans784e391d Posted at 2018-10-19 11:57
Oh my!

Very frustrating that DJI uses these "safety" features as a selling point, but when they don't work as they should it's...."sorry for your loss, but we can't confirm it didn't work right."  If it worked as it should i'd have my drone and i'd be flying.
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans784e391d Posted at 2018-10-19 11:57
Oh my!

Hi there, I've read your post and respond as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-169877-1-1.html If there is any question, please keep us updated on your post for better follow-up, thanks!
2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

scems911 Posted at 2018-10-19 18:51
Very frustrating that DJI uses these "safety" features as a selling point, but when they don't work as they should it's...."sorry for your loss, but we can't confirm it didn't work right."  If it worked as it should i'd have my drone and i'd be flying.

As mentioned above, we cannot speculate what happened since there is no abnormity in the flight records. The team will keep following up your case, hope we can figure it out soon.
2018-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules