incompatable with my phone
1249 15 2018-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brit
lvl.1
New Zealand

I just bought the new Mavic Pro. I have had problems with intermittent disconnecting with my app on my phone (Huawei P9) Tablet (Asus Zen) and My wife's phone (Moto G). It initially connected fine, but often would not connect with follow up flights, though it always connected without a hitch with the controller.'

I returned it to the dealer who mailed it back saying that it was incompatible with my phone, tablet and my wife's phone -even though they all worked fine with my previous Mavics (which include insurance replacements after crashes).

They returned my drone and sent a link to the specification page, which (buried in the small print, several scrolls down) is a compatibility list of phones. None of my devices are on it! They say: "Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues."

I just sold my old drone for a song (with many hundred of dollars of accessories). I can’t afford a new phone now, so I’m left with a drone that will not work.  This solution is not acceptable.

2018-10-19
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Sorry to read this
But Unfortunatelly the devices specs have been rammed up a lot in recent app updates.
My example, I used to fly with no issues on 4.2.16 on my Samsung galaxy s6, after 4.2.20 it’s became unusable!!! Although supposedly the s6 is still compatible but I tell you it’s NOT!!! I tried
So I had to get myself a new second hand iPad Air 2, and thankfully it runs with 0 issues so far even on the latest 4.3.3

Fly safely and enjoy all
Alex
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Brit, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this to us. I understand that your phone (Huawei P9, tablet Asus Zen) and your wife's phone (Moto G) is not compatible to run the app for the DJI Mavic Pro. Though it worked fine before with your previous Mavic, after the updates some of the parameters needed to run the app may not be suitable from the devices you mentioned, and that is engineers from DJI provided a list of fully compatible devices that they'd already tested. Yes, support for additional devices is still ongoing for testing and development. Your patience Brit is highly valued. Thank you.
2018-10-19
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

If you have a minute to google NLD and use older version(s) of DJI Go 4 app that will work with the drone take a look at NLD. It has other advantages also.
2018-10-19
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Also if you are talking about mavic pro 1, then just downgrade your app version on android and everything will be working fine!

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-10-19
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

@Brit, you might be able to resolve those issues by setting up your Android devices using these tips:

Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide)
2018-10-19
Use props
Brit
lvl.1
New Zealand

msinger Posted at 2018-10-19 06:20
@Brit, you might be able to resolve those issues by setting up your Android devices using these tips:

Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide)

Thanks for all your help! That link above looks like a full day's job.

However, in my opinion, when selling a product, the seller should be very clear of such a radical (and expensive) change to their upgrade - in large readable fonts on the first page, not put it in tiny almost imperceptible print several pages into the specifications. This flaw with their new app is unprecedented. I have had 4 DJI drones, and never had a problem with my android phones.

Why would I expect this new upgrade to render my phones and tablet useless with the Mavic 2? I am pretty sure that their sales violates our Fair Trade Act "Mislead or deceive you by words or conduct. This includes statements in advertising, or any other deceptive conduct in trade."
2018-10-19
Use props
Brit
lvl.1
New Zealand

rolling56 Posted at 2018-10-19 03:54
If you have a minute to google NLD and use older version(s) of DJI Go 4 app that will work with the drone take a look at NLD. It has other advantages also.

I googled NLD and the first options says "NDL is the three-letter country abbreviation for Netherlands." Does that mean I need to eat Gouda cheese and drink Heineken before using the Mavic?  . But seriuosly what do you mean by NDL?
2018-10-19
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Brit Posted at 2018-10-19 12:57
I googled NLD and the first options says "NDL is the three-letter country abbreviation for Netherlands." Does that mean I need to eat Gouda cheese and drink Heineken before using the Mavic?  . But seriuosly what do you mean by NDL?

ya that figures. Actually it might be better for you to use an older version if you are willing to do that as NLD has to do with that. nolimitdronez
2018-10-19
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dude, the new MP2 PRO is beast and needs a lot more power to run, even IPHONE 8 could not handle it. I had to buy a dedicated IPHONE 10 Max and now no limitations and no problems.

2018-10-20
Use props
Brit
lvl.1
New Zealand

I hope that the p10 will work. I just bought one. It is on their list of phones that will work. I'll let you know.
2018-10-20
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Brit Posted at 2018-10-20 18:39
I hope that the p10 will work. I just bought one. It is on their list of phones that will work. I'll let you know.

Where is the list of phones that the software works with?

But in any event I will note that it does work with a Blackberry (yes, that BB) Priv.  This was the first BB that runs on the Android system.  This is my backup phone so decided to try it and, as noted, it does work.
2018-10-21
Use props
Brit
lvl.1
New Zealand

The list is on https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info. You need to scroll way down to APP / LIVE VIEW. (I copied an pasted this HTML page onto WORD, and its on page 17 out of 20).

DJI really should be upfront on this new app, and not bury the phone requirements into the the long specs! I've used 5 android devices on DJI 4 drones over the years and never had a problem until now with my phone or tablets. It has been a very expensive and time consuming exercise (including transferring all files and apps). Hopefully this thread will warn people to stay away from the Mavic 2 until the app is updated, unless they have the correct devices of course.
2018-10-21
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

I'm flying with a old Android  Nexus 6 phone with nougat 7.1 with no problems , maybe I'm just lucky.
2018-10-21
Use props
Brit
lvl.1
New Zealand

Kingram Posted at 2018-10-21 17:23
I'm flying with a old Android  Nexus 6 phone with nougat 7.1 with no problems , maybe I'm just lucky.

I'm guessing its my drone. After 3 days and shipping to and from the seller, I bought new phone that I didn't need with money I don't have. I spent all Sunday getting it up to running speed... and the Mavic 2 still will not connect.
2018-10-21
Use props
Brit
lvl.1
New Zealand

Brit Posted at 2018-10-21 17:40
I'm guessing its my drone. After 3 days and shipping to and from the seller, I bought new phone that I didn't need with money I don't have. I spent all Sunday getting it up to running speed... and the Mavic 2 still will not connect.

The seller and I found the solution that seems to work (which probably would have worked with my old phone, but I now  like the new one)

In the developer in a P10 or P10 plus:

USB debugging - on;
always promt when connecting… - off;
Allow ADB debugging…- on;
Select USB Configuration - USB Ethernet
2018-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules