Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What is DJI's plan for the CrystalSky - are they abandoning us?
5744 31 2018-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wouter Reyniers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1501355 ft
United States

I am disappointed with how DJI is treating it's CrystalSky customers. The CS is a great monitor and it does many things perfectly, the hardware build quality is very high and the inputs/outputs and chassis design is well thought out. However, as of late DJI is really dropping the ball when it comes to their tailor-made screens.

1. DJI Go 4.3.2: even though the CS runs Android, they have not released version 4.3.2 of the Go 4 app. This is causing a version mismatch with the firmware which seems to break several things.
  • I am not able to use the side sensors at all now which I have a feeling that is related to the feature they introduced that allowed you to toggle sensor state from the C1/C2 buttons. This is crippling my drone below advertised spec.
  • I am also seeing buggy behavior in hyperlapse mode as waypoints are excluded from flight paths (set 5 waypoints and the drone flies just the first 3).
  • The hyperlapse duration setting is also broken - I set it to 11 seconds and the drone then shoots a 5 second timelapse.

2. H.265 playback broken despite advertised specs - https://www.dji.com/crystalsky/info

3. Crystalsky DJI Go app crashes once every other flight mid-flight. Luckily it loads back up fairly gracefully, but really this is unacceptable on hardware designed specifically for reliable flight.

4. Crystalsky app experience is laggy: moving around in the flight app is very hit or miss. On some flights, things go relatively smoothly, but more often than not, the ui suffers from severe lag. Click events aren't always responsive - sometimes the response is so laggy I end up clicking buttons twice which often times just toggles the setting back and forth. Sometimes the click event isn't registered at all. This inconsistency is very frustrating.

DJI, what's going on here? Has this screen been deprioritized so much that we're gonna be dealing with buggy software and delayed updates from now on? You've created a product that fixes the problem of sub-optimal screen visibility on tablets and phones but then you leave us with crippled software?

2018-10-19
Use props
Aimbraguglio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73835 ft
United States

Umber 4 above happened to me today on my first trip with the monitor.  I likely will return the unit.   I can’t image a future release will at some point make the unit obsolete
2018-10-19
Use props
Aimbraguglio
lvl.3
United States

I am having the same issues as  4 above.   Today iwas my first trip with the monitor.  I likely will return the unit.   I can’t image a future release will at some point make the unit obsolete   Does this just happened to some monitors or are some people not experiencing this problem.?
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Wouter Reyniers, we're sorry for the inconvenience. There are some points need to be confirmed and clarified:
1. The DJI GO 4 for CrystalSky is the customized version and it may not update with Android and iOS devices simultaneously. Our engineers are working on the App update and will release as soon as it is ready. Appreciate your support and patience.
2. For the H.265 playback broken, may I know what's the resolution of the video you are playing? Could you upload some samples for further assistance?
3. Regarding the App crash, please refer to the below and export the crash log, I'll forward to our engineers to check.
1) Please connect the CrystalSky to the PC via USB cable, the driver will be installed automatically.
2)  When it finishes installation, please click on the "Bell" icon at the left top side or the menu at the middle of the screen, then a list will appear.
3) Please click on "Connected USB" in the left side.
4) Then click on "Open USB store"--"Confirm".
5) Open the disc named ''DJI'', find the crash log in DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH
6) when you finish the exporting, please pop up the disc, then click 'turn off the USB device'
For the crash log, please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive at your most convenience and post the link here or Facebook, we will analyze as soon as possible. Thanks for your cooperation.
4. About the laggy experience, does it only appears in the liveview? You may check the original pictures in the SD card to confirm. If yes, please kindly check the current channel to see whether they are stable.
If the issue appears in every place regularly, please kindly advise the aircraft firmware, CrystalSky OS, App version and issue video, we'll try to reproduce at our end and locate the exact status, thanks so much!
2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Aimbraguglio Posted at 2018-10-19 20:39
I am having the same issues as  4 above.   Today iwas my first trip with the monitor.  I likely will return the unit.   I can’t image a future release will at some point make the unit obsolete   Does this just happened to some monitors or are some people not experiencing this problem.?

Hi Aimbraguglio, I've read your post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-169913-1-1.html Please kindly keep us updated there for better follow-up, thanks so much!
2018-10-20
Use props
Barry Goyette
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can confirm the Laggy experience. Traditionally the CS has issues with touch screen accuracy...meaning it often takes several presses to get the desired input response. Recently, the lag as entered into the equation exactly as Wouter stated...you press, nothing happens, and assuming the UI hasn't accepted the input, you press again, only to watch as the item toggles on and off. Very frustrating, and honestly, unacceptable for a flight control system.
2018-10-20
Use props
Sky Donkey
First Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

No ones mentioned the jittery compass.  Crystalsky has so many bugs issues its hard to remember them all or keep up with them.

I should imagine the people over at DJI will be celebrating BIG TIME, once they announce Crystalsky has been discontinued.
2018-10-20
Use props
Aimbraguglio
lvl.3
United States

You would think they would stop selling them.  I am going with an iPhone X’s Max.   Apple did not get as big as it has by releasing crap.  Dji should look seriously about how they address the problems with this product.
2018-10-20
Use props
wreyniers
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-20 02:59
Hi Wouter Reyniers, we're sorry for the inconvenience. There are some points need to be confirmed and clarified:
1. The DJI GO 4 for CrystalSky is the customized version and it may not update with Android and iOS devices simultaneously. Our engineers are working on the App update and will release as soon as it is ready. Appreciate your support and patience.
2. For the H.265 playback broken, may I know what's the resolution of the video you are playing? Could you upload some samples for further assistance?

Thank you Susan for your response.

1. Can you confirm that the issues I'm seeing with the side sensors and hyperlapse mode are indeed due to my CrystalSky being on an older version of the app than the firmware on the drone and controller?

2. The H.265 videos I'm trying to play back are those captured by the DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone. Here's an unaltered file  straight from the drone: https://www.dropbox.com/s/55737e975me261j/DJI_0028.MP4?dl=0  I should mention that all the files I pull of the drone are completely playable on my PC's, but they just won't play on the Crystalsky.

3. I have uploaded a crash log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kay06i ... 9-03-07-43.txt?dl=0  For some reason I only see one crash log on the CS - which is odd because the app has crashed many times.

4. Yes, the laggyness is in the app in live view. The video stream itself is pretty reasonable most of the time. What I'm referring to is the responsiveness of the menus in the app. For example, changing camera exposure settings can be really cumbersome as clicking and swiping the controls are yield a laggy response.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on what happened in the crash log and your answers to my followup questions.

Thank you
2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

wreyniers Posted at 2018-10-20 20:44

1. Can you confirm that the issues I'm seeing with the side sensors and hyperlapse mode are indeed due to my CrystalSky being on an older version of the app than the firmware on the drone and controller?

Well received, thank you! Some new features of the Mavic 2 requires to work with DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or higher, you may refer to the release note: https://forum.dji.com/thread-169070-1-1.html
We're not sure whether the issues you mentioned is related to the version of the App, you may switch to another Android device or IOS device to check.

Regarding the H.265, crash issue and touchscreen accuracy, I have forwarded to our engineers to check and review. We'll come back as long as there is an update.
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Barry Goyette Posted at 2018-10-20 09:51
I can confirm the Laggy experience. Traditionally the CS has issues with touch screen accuracy...meaning it often takes several presses to get the desired input response. Recently, the lag as entered into the equation exactly as Wouter stated...you press, nothing happens, and assuming the UI hasn't accepted the input, you press again, only to watch as the item toggles on and off. Very frustrating, and honestly, unacceptable for a flight control system.

Hello Barry, thanks for heading up. This has been forwarded to our engineers, we'll keep you updated on the latest progress.
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-10-20 14:12
No ones mentioned the jittery compass.  Crystalsky has so many bugs issues its hard to remember them all or keep up with them.

I should imagine the people over at DJI will be celebrating BIG TIME, once they announce Crystalsky has been discontinued.

Hi Sky Donkey, may I have more details of the jittery compass do you refer? Is there any chance to upload a short video for better assistance? I'd like to forward to our engineers to check.
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Aimbraguglio Posted at 2018-10-20 19:34
You would think they would stop selling them.  I am going with an iPhone X’s Max.   Apple did not get as big as it has by releasing crap.  Dji should look seriously about how they address the problems with this product.

Hi Aimbraguglio, I've read your previous posts and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-170084-1-1.html Please kindly keep us updated in your post for better follow-up, thank you!
2018-10-22
Use props
Aimbraguglio
lvl.3
United States

I returned both units as they are defective and it appears every one of the units you sell have the same issues.   Let me know when you have a new version and I will revisit purchasing one of those units.   As you know if I go back and forth with you engineers then I will miss the deadline for returning the unit.   I can try buying another and keep returning them until they work.   In which case I will have a nice long stream of product reviews that perhaps one day will prove that either the product is permanently not able to meet the advertised claims or that you have a bad supplier.    Perhaps also you do not take the time to go through quality testing before releasing a product.    Clearly there is something wrong given how many bad reviews there are out here.   It sounds like most can't return them because they went past their return date as a result of going back and forth with testing for DJI.

I love the Mavic 2 Pro so perhaps one day there is hope that you will get this product right.
2018-10-22
Use props
Yraegel
Captain
Flight distance : 1411811 ft
United States

Interested in getting a Crystalsky monitor for my Mavic 2 Pro but this thread is disheartening. I guess I'll wait to see the next firmware release notes.
2018-10-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-22 02:34
Hi Sky Donkey, may I have more details of the jittery compass do you refer? Is there any chance to upload a short video for better assistance? I'd like to forward to our engineers to check.

Previously posted video of Jittery / Jumping / Jerking CrystalSky compass.
Start at Time Mark 0:15.

Jittery / Jumping / Jerking CrystalSky compass problem has been around for over a year.

Another Jittery / Jumping / Jerking CrystalSky compass problem video.

Another two videos of Jittery / Jumping / Jerking CrystalSky compass problem from over a year ago.

2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

wreyniers Posted at 2018-10-20 20:44

1. Can you confirm that the issues I'm seeing with the side sensors and hyperlapse mode are indeed due to my CrystalSky being on an older version of the app than the firmware on the drone and controller?

Update: I just got an update from our engineers that the App for CrystalSky will be updated soon, and the issues will be optimized as well. Also, our engineers are working on the firmware upgrade, we'll try our best to offer a better experience in the future. Thanks so much for your attention and patience.
2018-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Aimbraguglio Posted at 2018-10-22 06:38
I returned both units as they are defective and it appears every one of the units you sell have the same issues.   Let me know when you have a new version and I will revisit purchasing one of those units.   As you know if I go back and forth with you engineers then I will miss the deadline for returning the unit.   I can try buying another and keep returning them until they work.   In which case I will have a nice long stream of product reviews that perhaps one day will prove that either the product is permanently not able to meet the advertised claims or that you have a bad supplier.    Perhaps also you do not take the time to go through quality testing before releasing a product.    Clearly there is something wrong given how many bad reviews there are out here.   It sounds like most can't return them because they went past their return date as a result of going back and forth with testing for DJI.

I love the Mavic 2 Pro so perhaps one day there is hope that you will get this product right.

I'm sorry about this. Anyway, we respect your decision and still wish you have a good trip with DJI products. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-10-25 23:38
Previously posted video of Jittery / Jumping / Jerking CrystalSky compass.
Start at Time Mark 0:15.

Hey HedgeTrimmer, thanks for your kind reminder. The compass issue has been optimized in the later update, I sincerely suggest you update to the latest version to check. If the issue persists, please kindly name the version number and offer your issue video, we'll double check with our engineers, thank you!
2018-10-27
Use props
wreyniers
lvl.4
United States

This is great news Susan. Will there be a fix to the crystalsky not being able to play back h.265 video?
2018-10-27
Use props
jctarvin
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Yraegel Posted at 2018-10-22 16:02
Interested in getting a Crystalsky monitor for my Mavic 2 Pro but this thread is disheartening. I guess I'll wait to see the next firmware release notes.

RECOMMEND NOT BUYING CRYSTALSKY -- The device itself works great. However, the software support from DJI is, thus far, non-existent.

Many weeks ago, DJI rolled out version 4.3.2 of the DJI GO 4 app for Android and iOS. Those of us with CrystalSky monitors are still running version 4.3.0!

On the DJI Forum, DJI SUSAN said their engineers are working on it. That, too, was weeks ago. I imagine the engineers were too busy getting the Mavic 2 Enterprise ready for launch to take care of us existing customers.

Very disappointing, but not surprising. Typical DJI support!
2018-10-31
Use props
Yraegel
Captain
United States

jctarvin Posted at 2018-10-31 12:28
RECOMMEND NOT BUYING CRYSTALSKY -- The device itself works great. However, the software support from DJI is, thus far, non-existent.

Many weeks ago, DJI rolled out version 4.3.2 of the DJI GO 4 app for Android and iOS. Those of us with CrystalSky monitors are still running version 4.3.0!

I'm holding off for now. Very interested but not liking the apparent risk at this point. I've been very happy with DJI so far, never had an issue with any FW update or experienced any serious flaw in either drone. Holding off to see if improvements are reported somewhere.
2018-10-31
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Yes we are trapped with monitor solution - with phones there is  a poor picture under the direct sunlight, but with the CS there is a poor performance, which can be easily watched under direct sun
2018-11-1
Use props
WayneMHK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yraegel Posted at 10-31 15:48
I'm holding off for now. Very interested but not liking the apparent risk at this point. I've been very happy with DJI so far, never had an issue with any FW update or experienced any serious flaw in either drone. Holding off to see if improvements are reported somewhere.

"Holding off to see if improvements are reported somewhere."

LOL!!! When have you ever seen a post that says, "You know, XXXX used to be crappy, but now it's great!"?
2018-11-2
Use props
Yraegel
Captain
United States

WayneMHK Posted at 11-2 11:39

LOL!!! When have you ever seen a post that says, "You know, XXXX used to be crappy, but now it's great!"?

No, I've seen firmware release notes that report fixes.
2018-11-2
Use props
Yraegel
Captain
United States

WayneMHK Posted at 11-2 11:39

Just for grins, the latest CrystalSky FW is from May 25th. The Mavic 2 Enterprise, designed for professional use, was just released. I would like to think that DJI will release FW that supports that and other Mavic 2 models soon. Unless they plan to discontinue the CrystalSky product line, it is natural to assume they would make it work with their latest enterprise drones at a minimum.

Then again, the thread has pretty much died out....
2018-11-2
Use props
fans775f4789
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2623586 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

soon, soon, soon, how many days had passed since the last update to crystalsky DJI go, it's ridiculous
2018-11-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

fans775f4789 Posted at 11-7 06:14
soon, soon, soon, how many days had passed since the last update to crystalsky DJI go, it's ridiculous

Soon, soon, soon, is a relative thing.
Soon^3 as in time up to Nucleosynthesis or Soon^3 as in time since Big Bang...  
2018-11-7
Use props
fans5b3f5928
lvl.4
Flight distance : 113484 ft
Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 10-27 00:07
Hey HedgeTrimmer, thanks for your kind reminder. The compass issue has been optimized in the later update, I sincerely suggest you update to the latest version to check. If the issue persists, please kindly name the version number and your issue video, we'll double check with our engineers, thank you!

Hi DJI Susan, CS 7.85" HB
Still have the same compass issues...(as in the videos above)
App 4.3.0
Aircraft MA 01.00.0500
Remote controller 01.00.0200
Precise fly safe database (Aircraft) 01.00.01.11
Precise fly safe database (app) 01.00.01.11
Basis fly safe Database 01.00.01.09
With my iPhone 7 it's flawless!

2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans5b3f5928 Posted at 11-12 14:25
Hi DJI Susan, CS 7.85" HB
Still have the same compass issues...(as in the videos above)
App 4.3.0

Thanks for the information. We'll forward to our engineers to check.
2018-11-14
Use props
Belshazer4
New
United States

Aimbraguglio Posted at 2018-10-20 19:34

Crapple releases nothing but CRAP. If you did not have your head stuck up thier A..s you would realise that!!!
2019-2-4
Use props
WRHershey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Belshazer4 Posted at 2-4 19:07
Crapple releases nothing but CRAP. If you did not have your head stuck up thier A..s you would realise that!!!

yeaaaaa, Agreed
2019-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules